**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Thronebreaker a failure?

OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,104 ★★★★★
Since the initial thronebreaker progression post it has sparked a TON of debate as to whether it was the right move. Not only that but is in part at fault for the cyber weekend debacle. They hang on to this “it was meant to require so much more” idea but....it doesn’t....

My question is simple...has the implementation of TB been a failure thus far and if so what should they do in the future to make it smoother?

Is Thronebreaker a failure? 310 votes

It has been a failure thus far
29%
SpartyBobMavRCK_Batty_NumppoSnakeEyes69DeeparviFabiusBRMidnightfoxYotzLuciusVorenusquando213TerraVukoDlakreeekyCropDusterBluestoneMrTicTac19992008RoOOtstkhan08p01arisRbk19 91 votes
Be Not a failure but could’ve been better
22%
SnizzbarAddyosFrostyChipstain3737RazorDevilPlayer1994Dezz_1SIlverProfessorTeh_gullaApocalypse189F4k3_GaM3ryossnameplasYoMovesBrandonmballouFurious_Fighter1ch4rnLordabckpseudosaneBuckyBruh 71 votes
It’s been fine so far
47%
GroundedWisdomGamerSolswerddanielmathDrZolaLeNoirFaineantBitterSteelHaji_SaabMagicBentonWolverDominatorDisbanded_pensRaganatorOllyoxenfreeCristalmanJadedGreatScottHeheheh7777Delta_14XxicylovexXPsychoakuma 148 votes

Comments

• OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,104 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

If anything, cavalier is the failure now. Considering the deals and glory and sigil updates.

All because Thronebreaker was rushed out to have separate deals...
    Arsoz said:

Its only a failure to the people complaining about the rank 3 requirement

I have 4 r3’s and the capability to have 7. So just stop man
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    I meant to say its been fine. Please stop with these threads.
    edited November 2020
    I thought the question was pretty clear but I guess not...

This is not a complaint about the rank 3 requirement. I have been TB since day 1 and it has been really obvious it’s been a failure thus far to me. This is rather a question about the implementation (the roll out) of TB
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    It’s been fine so far
    I would guess how someone sees it is completely dependent on what they think the purpose of having the next progression title in game even is.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    OGAvenger said:

I thought the question was pretty clear but I guess not...

This is not a complaint about the rank 3 requirement. I have been TB since day 1 and it has been really obvious it’s been a failure thus far to me. This is rather a question about the implementation (the roll out) of TB

I meant threads about the topic in general. Uc was like this, they slowly implement things over time.
  • PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 564 ★★
    It’s been fine so far
    It's definitely been fine so far. The goal was to create a tier with less players (mostly endgame + a few lucky players who got the champ they needed and the t5cc from Abyss/Act 6) and it seemed to have achieved its purpose.

I agree that cav deals were lackluster to say the least, but t5cc is expected to be rare for some time as Kabam (and hopefully most of the player base) wouldn't want majority of the players to be in the top tier that was only introduced 2 months ago, in a game that's nearly six years old

It's definitely been fine so far. The goal was to create a tier with less players (mostly endgame + a few lucky players who got the champ they needed and the t5cc from Abyss/Act 6) and it seemed to have achieved its purpose.

I agree that cav deals were lackluster to say the least, but t5cc is expected to be rare for some time as Kabam (and hopefully most of the player base) wouldn't want majority of the players to be in the top tier that was only introduced 2 months ago, in a game that's nearly six years old

If they wanted to create a tier with less players they should’ve made the requirement multiple rank 3’s. There’s this weird line where many Cav players think they should be at this title even though they’re clearly not ready. Getting one t5cc and having a champ to use it on is one thing. And people can complain about RNG all day because of it. Making it multiple rank 3’s would’ve shut that down pretty quickly in my opinion
  • GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
    It’s been fine so far
    There ain't no way that the people who have:
    1. designed this game
    2. have roads maps years in advance
    3. and have studied mobile game consumer behavior

know a thing about what they are doing ! This whole getting peoples minds to be ready to move on from cavalier did not once cross any of their minds ! I'll tell you hwhat !
  • naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★
    It’s been fine so far

naikavon said:

It's a title. Given time anyone can achieve this title. The key word is time. Some don't wanna wait. "I should have it when I want it" is the epitomy of entitlement. Well, rng is a fickle mistress. If a player does nothing to minimize its impact...well that is on them.

The requirements of only one r3 six star creates this illusion that makes people think they are much closer than they are. If you do not have a good candidate to r3, odds are pretty good you do not have a deep roster. Or, if you are struggling to obtain t5cc you're 'prolly not running map 7 or high tier war. Both are on players. Put yourself in the best position to succeed rather than rely upon rng. Don't tempt fate.

Every instance I have seen involves people with 18 six stars or some other absurd low amount. Or 3 6 stars in a given class type complaining that they have no good options to rank up. Well, duh, you didn't have a lot to choose from. Why would someone bother to try to tackle content to obtain resources they have NO ONE to use it on? They complain of rng, yet take no steps to minimize it. That is wholly on the player, full stop.

You should already have options to use the resource on prior to accumulating that rare resource. Let me spell that out for you, don't run abyss if you don't already possess someone to use the resources on. And if you do (which is fine) don't complain about rng. You went into it with your eyes wide open, rolled the dice and came up craps. It happens. Be a big boy/girl and accept it with grace. Over time, your roster depth will grow and you will have someone to r3. Plus, as with all resources, as the game moves on the scarcity changes, and we all chase the next rare resource. Such is the rat race.

The only failure I've seen involves impatient players wanting to keep up with the Jones' and whining incessantly about their own poor roster management.

You lost me on i don't know how to manage my roster better mate.

33 6* with 5 duped 1 is lvl 60 all natural.
    8 are now r2 still got resources for 1 more

12 r5 and gems for 2 more (tech and skill meh I'll get around to it)

19 r4 tons of resources in overflow

I can see the no map 7 but will you let me in your allaince? Completion i score on avg 100k, arena about 50k but I have an 8 hr block that I can absolutely sit and grind the whole time but other than that window I'm gone. Kinda a flaw in the game that 8hrs a day isn't enough but so be it I'm happy with what I get.

Why should I have to r3 daredevil or Kingpin to get the offers that were already proven to be there. I have an option and multiple in every single class bar 1.

Tbf I don't want to keep up with the big boys just don't want my years of work to be rolled back to irrelevant in one move and cyber weekend for cavalier was just that.
    I hear everything you are saying. Tbf, 33 six stars is not a deep roster. Now, that's just my opinion, but consider that all 33 of those six stars are not concentrated in one class type. Rather they are spread out between the six different classes. On average you would have ~5 per class to choose from. (ofc randomness could disproportionately lead to a greater or lesser concentration) Now you COULD get lucky and have choices to choose from but that's what it is...luck.

Roster management is more than having resources to rank up champs, it also involves having champs to rank up.

I know that sounds crazy to some. But it absolutely is a roster management issue to go after resources you can't use. ( because there exists no viable candidate to use said resources on) Time (and money) builds depth of a roster. The person who has 5 six stars for each class is far less likely to have a "viable" r3 candidate than someone with 15 per class. That seems common sense to me, yet here we are.

There is nothing wrong with pushing beyond one's roster capabilities and banking resources for future use, but that is a PLAYER CHOICE. When rng inevitably rears her ugly head, the player immediately recognizes the lack of choices they have to r3 and blame rng. What they often fail to recognize is what I discuss above.

The point is, if you are reliant upon rng, the player failed to account for an adequate amount of incoming resources (high tier alliance rewards) or depth of roster. (viability of choice-now this last could also be the player is very picky but that is another topic for another day).

• ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

naikavon said:

It's a title. Given time anyone can achieve this title. The key word is time. Some don't wanna wait. "I should have it when I want it" is the epitomy of entitlement. Well, rng is a fickle mistress. If a player does nothing to minimize its impact...well that is on them.

The requirements of only one r3 six star creates this illusion that makes people think they are much closer than they are. If you do not have a good candidate to r3, odds are pretty good you do not have a deep roster. Or, if you are struggling to obtain t5cc you're 'prolly not running map 7 or high tier war. Both are on players. Put yourself in the best position to succeed rather than rely upon rng. Don't tempt fate.

Every instance I have seen involves people with 18 six stars or some other absurd low amount. Or 3 6 stars in a given class type complaining that they have no good options to rank up. Well, duh, you didn't have a lot to choose from. Why would someone bother to try to tackle content to obtain resources they have NO ONE to use it on? They complain of rng, yet take no steps to minimize it. That is wholly on the player, full stop.

You should already have options to use the resource on prior to accumulating that rare resource. Let me spell that out for you, don't run abyss if you don't already possess someone to use the resources on. And if you do (which is fine) don't complain about rng. You went into it with your eyes wide open, rolled the dice and came up craps. It happens. Be a big boy/girl and accept it with grace. Over time, your roster depth will grow and you will have someone to r3. Plus, as with all resources, as the game moves on the scarcity changes, and we all chase the next rare resource. Such is the rat race.

The only failure I've seen involves impatient players wanting to keep up with the Jones' and whining incessantly about their own poor roster management.

This is 100% accurate and is gonna be a disagree magnet
    Naikavon's post only got agree and without disagree, only your reply did. Unfortunately.