**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

It’s about to get Weirder. Announcing John Mulaney’s Champion Challenge!

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Thanks @Kill_Grey !!

👍🏾
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Have anyone beat warlock and mysterio beside quake ?
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★

who are you guys using for mysterio?

i used Aarkus. couldn't stop his power gain or cold snap and so it was just patience and time.
  • CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    I didn't tried the challenge yet ...but how would it be with rank 5 medusa
    Can medusa handle warlock and mysterio by herself in this challenge
  • Haji_Saab said:

Crusher said:

I didn't tried the challenge yet ...but how would it be with rank 5 medusa
    Can medusa handle warlock and mysterio by herself in this challenge

Yes, I think so. You will lose the furies whenever you launch a special so hold onto it.

I am going to use her on my 2nd account.
    Doesnt work, they shrug off debuffs when they throw specials (warlock)
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

slacker said:

Have anyone beat warlock and mysterio beside quake ?

Venom for warlock and Sorcerer for Mysterio ... Venom will remain at full hp if you keep spamming sp1 on warlock.

For Mysterio, I spammed armor breaks which keeps him from poisoning me.
    I used beardo myself for mysterio.... Made sure to bring venom and spam parry to prevent helmet
  • MalinmadMalinmad Posts: 16
    Kudos to Kabam for this event! This was a ton of fun 🙂🥰
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    @Haji_Saab you sure sorcerer is good for Mysterio? Doesn't he remove her armor breaks on his specials?
  • LibkenLibken Posts: 19

on quest 3 of the first chapter i get gwenpool down to 1 health and then shes invincible. she just wont die.

Domino works great til last chapter
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Not sure I'm going to try to do Chapter 2, but thankful for the rewards from Chapter 1. Not difficult at all for the rewards!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Next time can you allow us to select Paths again? With the strength of the Champs plus the Nodes, it's added frustration to have to do it all at once.

thats the challenge...surely you have seen such before. its kinda surprising coming from you tbh
    Of course I've seen it before. It was also less difficult before. Which meant taking away the Portals added more challenge. I don't think it's necessary anymore.
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    Copy paste write up I did elsewhere for ch2

I used
    Guillotine 2099 for Howard her damage is tied to her energy damage after the initial hit so never triggers rage and get your 100 combo right there to start.

Guillotine 2099 for gp. You are already at 100 from htd and her energy damage is dot so bypasses power shield. (Hope that her normal degen triggers a bit so you can get to sp3 before gp falls over dead no biggie if not). Her sp3 gp survives but the energy damage after the animation kills gp and that counts to keep your combo if you get there.

Capiw for warlock (my team has cosmic, tech, skill and mystic syn) parry heavy and destroy.

Guillotine 2099 for dp. Pretty obvious here get you back to 100, if you got clipped by gp and your wrecking him anyway with her.

Mysterio capiw again or Guillotine again.

I also brought fury who I killed for attack bonus

Morningstar for 30% increased degen damage for Guillotine.

Glaive who I really only brought for cosmic syn for cap. Probably in hindsight hemdall would have been better

All up 8 single revives for me. 1 was just to bring fury back for porker.
  • Man_BatMan_Bat Posts: 331 ★★
    I used this team: Claire, Ægon, AA, Medusa, Nick (killed off for 20% attack).

Howard - Claire
    Gwenpool - Ægon (to ramp up), AA
    Warlock - Ægon
    Deadpool - Ægon
    Mysterio - Ægon, Medusa
    Spider-Ham - Ægon
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Man_Bat said:

Howard - Claire
    Warlock - Ægon
    Deadpool - Ægon
    Mysterio - Ægon, Medusa
    Spider-Ham - Ægon

How does Aegon kill GP with the Polka Dot Power node? He won't gain any power.
  • Oh, Hello Summoner.

John Mulaney, star of stage and screen, and the voice of Spider-Ham in Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse has picked a team of all-star Champions to test YOU in his own Champion Challenge!

Introducing: John Mulaney's Champion Challenge!

Summoners who remember our recent Champion Challenges will be familiar with the format of this event. But if you’re new, buckle up. These quests are not meant to be easy. They are not for the faint of heart or those with backbones comparable to chocolate eclairs. They consist of 2 chapters.

The first will have 4 Quests, each containing 6 paths of 5 fights each connected by portals, allowing you to hop to the boss at the end of any path. The second only contains 1 quest, but it’s a harrowing gauntlet battle where you will face 31 intense battles. Only the craziest of Summoners dare take on that kind of challenge!

Starting in Quest 3, we’ll be throwing 2 new Global Buffs into the mix:

A Good Defense: The Attacker’s Well-Timed Blocks place a random Debuff from Weakness, Armor Break, Suppression, or Disorient on the Defender for 13 second(s). Each time the Attacker Dodges an Attack, place a random Buff on the Attacker from Fury, Armor Up, Power Gain, or Precision on the Attacker for 13 second(s).

Equally Balanced: When either Champion triggers a Special Attack, remove all Buffs and Debuffs from that Champion. For each Debuff or Buff removed, they gain:
    1 Buff/Debuff: Gain Fury, increasing Attack Rating by {25}% for {8} seconds.
    3 Buffs/Debuffs: The Special Attack is Unblockable.
    5 Buffs/Debuffs: Gain an Unstoppable Buff for {8} seconds.

Who’s on John Mulaney’s team?

John Mulaney’s assembled a crack team of his favourite Champions, and you’re gonna face them over and over again, so I hope you like them! We’ve got Howard the Duck, Gwenpool, Warlock, Deadpool, and Mr. Musi- I mean-Mysterio! And of course, the boss of each of these Quests will be Spider-Ham!

But Miike, the Pig was mean to me and he beat me up, and now all my Champions are knocked out and this is too hard and I’m pretty sure he called me a bad word.

Them’s the breaks kiddo. That’s the point of a Champion Challenge! These Quests are not meant to be easy. Many will attempt it, and few will succeed. But don’t let that stop you from trying. Find as far as you can go, and push to beat that quest!

Okay, get to what we really care about, what are the rewards?

… I’ve been doing well, thank you for asking. Rude. Let’s just get those out of the way I guess.

For Completing Chapter 1, you will earn:
    1x T4CC Crystal
    1x T4 Basic Catalyst
    1x T1A Catalyst
    20x 5-Star Signature Stone Crystals

For Exploration of Chapter 1, you will earn:
    1x 5-Star Hero Crystal
    20x 5-Star Signature Stone Crystals
    1x T2A Catalyst

For Act Completion (Chapter 1 and 2), you will earn:
    1x T5B Catalyst
    1x T2A Catalysts
    1,000,000x Gold

For Act Exploration (Chapter 1 and 2), you will earn:
    1x 5-Star Nexus Crystal
    1x 6-Star Crystal
    2x T2A Catalysts

When does this start?

It’s already started! John Mulaney’s Champion Challenge started at 10 am PT on December 2nd, and will conclude on December 30th at 10 am PT! Now go and experience it for yourself!
    😊
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★

Man_Bat said:

Howard - Claire
    Warlock - Ægon
    Deadpool - Ægon
    Mysterio - Ægon, Medusa
    Spider-Ham - Ægon

How does Aegon kill GP with the Polka Dot Power node? He won't gain any power.
    I think he means that he just uses Aegon to build up his combo against the 1st GP, kills him off when he reaches a certain combo. And then brings AA to finish the job (finish from 100% to k.o. that is).