Side Quest Crystals

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★
    Same with some of the other guys in my Ally. Actually, I can't repeat what they said on Line. Needless to say, it was along the same lines as what's the point?
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Member Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    I enjoyed it, got to experience life as a mini whale for about 5 minutes. Didn’t do as well as some other openings I’ve seen, but 3 5*s out of 10 crystals is much better than my crystal openings normally go.

This is just the same as any rift event that you tend to have no issues with though? I get being disappointed with **** pulls as it’s how I feel at the end of every rift event having pulled the rewards that is borderline useless to me each and every time, I don’t come and request that rifts stop being used as side quests though

I enjoyed it, got to experience life as a mini whale for about 5 minutes. Didn’t do as well as some other openings I’ve seen, but 3 5*s out of 10 crystals is much better than my crystal openings normally go.

This is just the same as any rift event that you tend to have no issues with though? I get being disappointed with **** pulls as it’s how I feel at the end of every rift event having pulled the rewards that is borderline useless to me each and every time, I don’t come and request that rifts stop being used as side quests though

There's a difference with Rifts. You can pull Sigs or some other Resource you can still use. Shards you can use, as well as Gems. I'm not relying on a 3* for anything whatsoever, and I have almost every one of them. This was literally wasted energy for me. Meanwhile, other people are pulling not only 6*s, but some that aren't even in the Basic pool yet. It's ridiculous for an Event. I'd rather not bother at all than have to take a chance on nothing.
    edited December 2020
    You’ve just mentioned gems for rift rewards, you realise that their drop rate was about the equivalent of a 6* from cavs. Most, myself included never ever got the good stuff, I still don’t ask for Kabam to take out a fun little gamble of a side event that can pay out huge. atleast this event you paid with a couple hours of gaming rather than almost £200 worth of units for those 3* and 4*.
    Besides, you’re looking at this side event as a thing by itself, you need to look at the bigger picture and realise there’s so much more available this month. That’s what you normally tell people that don’t like the rewards right?
    HI_guys said:

The point is everyone who is able to complete the Quest with the same amount of skill is not able to receive the same value of Rewards. Some people are here pulling 6*s and 5*s. Others are pulling all 3*s and some 4*s. It's not a case of people not enjoying it because they can't complete it. That happens often enough. It's literally some people hitting the jackpot and others having snake eyes. Even with Rifts there is SOME use for what you roll. I have no use whatsoever for 3* Max Sig Dups, and the entire experience netted me a 4* Ham. Grateful for that, sure. Still.....it shouldn't be rooted in Cav Crystals. The extremes in payout are just miserable on the low end.

Oh wow? Suddenly skill determines the reward now eh?

Saw you drooling over Cav Cyber Monday deals saying that is hiw RNG and shizzz. And that people with RNG will naturally gain more rewrds?
    What? I never said that at all. I said T5CCs weren't going to be flooded into the game like people expected. Good God man, use context.
    Not at all what I'm saying. You're just trying to throw bits and pieces of other conversations in my face, and I'm not here for it at all.
    HI_guys said:

Not at all what I'm saying. You're just trying to throw bits and pieces of other conversations in my face, and I'm not here for it at all.

Meh you're still here
    It's an expression.
    Did I say I was quitting?
    You said that 1 crystal opening has left you having no interest in arena or EQ. That’s not far off the same thing tbh.
    Enough with the trolling. Good Lord.
    HI_guys said:

Enough with the trolling. Good Lord.

I'm not trolling. I just know how to separate emotions and logic.
    Right. Where have I heard those words before? Case closed.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Member Posts: 3,906 ★★★★★
    Sorry but if you add in the shard arenas, this is pretty much a normal side quest. And the actual side quest is shorter to compensate. Rank up stuff is a bit lower, but in context with everything else it’s fine

So the cavs are just an added bonus. I see no reason to complain about an added bonus, even if it is RNG

And I’m not a fan of RNG rewards at all.
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,702 ★★★★★
    I’m enjoying it didn’t get any luck but liked this event.
    edited December 2020
    There are a lot of people that won’t get anything of value from the gifting event as well, it’s how rng works. Some events are rng based, some are just really good events, some are ok rewards with a mind-numbing, never ending slog of paths.
    This isn’t the first time Special crystal shards are given through an event, it won’t be the last. This was however the first time we got cav crystals as an option, making this the first time the special crystal shard type of event has been worth it to me.
  • fchskmfchskm Member Posts: 166
    I've done 5 2019 pulls until now. Only 5 star, and the worst of them (Diablo). Awful event. I would rather 3 or 4 five star crystals after cleaning all the modes.
  • fchskmfchskm Member Posts: 166
    Renaxqq said:

From side quest crystals I got 5* Sasquatch and Spider-Ham but next day from 6* crystal got Juggernaut...we win some, we lose some... that's just how game works.

I always lose
  • Aziz5253Aziz5253 Member Posts: 495 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    You know the situations serious when GW speaks up against it.

BTW, I agree, 7 crystals so far and all 3*s
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Member Posts: 3,906 ★★★★★

Sorry but if you add in the shard arenas, this is pretty much a normal side quest. And the actual side quest is shorter to compensate. Rank up stuff is a bit lower, but in context with everything else it’s fine

So the cavs are just an added bonus. I see no reason to complain about an added bonus, even if it is RNG

And I’m not a fan of RNG rewards at all.

Can you please explain to me how the cavs are just an added bonus?
    Normally we would get plenty of 5*/6* shards, a lot of T5B and 5 2% T5CC Crystals.
    Instead we get 18 cavalier crystals which will be 0 6* for the vast majority, and if you are lucky enough you will get 3 5* champs. There are a lot of people that got a lot of 5*/6* but there are even more people that got only 3* and 4* champs

Edit: if this was a 2nd side EQ I wouldn't mind at all, but removing guaranteed rewards from the 'main' side EQ and replacing them with RNG based rewards is a d**k move
    I mean, the shards are in the arenas that are coming. The T5CC I’ll give you, that’s a let down. T5B isn’t that big of an issue, I’m in a map 5/6 alliance and I’ve got 2 in overflow, I’m actually glad there isn’t much

We’re not losing that much. 9k T5B and 6% T5CC roughly. That’s it. So yes, added bonus.

There are a lot of people that won’t get anything of value from the gifting event as well, it’s how rng works.

Actually you will get something of value. You can gift only revives/energy refills instead of the crystals, and you will get GUARANTEED rewords from the milestone/rank solo/alliance event
    My bad, many people will get nothing of value from the greater gifting crystals.
This discussion has been closed.