**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who's the best mutant 2020

Comments

• Options
    Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    Other?
    As the proud owner of a 5* rank 5 sig 200 Omega Red, I'd say Colossus.
  • Options
    Other?
    H3t3r said:

Colussus

I agree, colossus, I have a 6* rank 2 awakened and a rank 5 5* omega red and I find colossus to be more useful than omega
  • Options
    Other?

H3t3r said:

Colussus

I agree, colossus, I have a 6* rank 2 awakened and a rank 5 5* omega red and I find colossus to be more useful than omega
    and my omega is sig 200
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Magneto

BigBlueOx said:

H3t3r said:

Colussus

Please explain how Colossus is better than Omega and Mags.

Colossus is Triple immune, viable Abyss level damage output, doesn’t require suicides, and not reliant on his SPs to access the insane damage. Plus insanely tankable so he can eat damage that wipes the other 2... you know if a fight lasts past 20 hits with him

I have all 3 as R5s, with OR and Colossus at Max sig. it’s one of my favorite synergy teams to run. But due to the need to run suicides or be on a Bleed node for maximum damage OR gets the least play.
    He actually is quite reliant on sp2 to build up armors
    Not really, the parry is more important. The Sp2 offers you a RNG based shortcut. I’d definitely concede that OR synergy makes that ramp up easier though. But honestly that’s the silly part about arguing who’s better as that really depends on your mastery build, the rest of your roster, and personal play style. Really, you want them both R5/Max Sig., as a dynamic duo as they cover each other’s weaknesses and greatly enhance each other too.
  • Options
    MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 841 ★★★
    Omega red
    Might be bias, but this dude rocks. I think it’s close between colossus and magneto, who both have insane damage and some nice utility. But if you’re running suicides, this guy can do almost anything. Death field melts. He’s got a ton of utility. Stops purify. Can ignore damage back with tentacles. Double immune. Can life steal. Can power steal. Can deal passive DOT that no one is immune to, and just looks and feels awesome to play. Without suicides, he’s a great champion. With suicides, he’s the best mutant in MCOC, hands down, at least in my book.

Magneto is awesome, don’t get me wrong, and the fact that he absolutely demolishes the 1/3 of the champions (being metal) is really great. He also has some nice utility like armour break, prowess for buffed up, AAR, heal reversal (only 105% but still), nice bleeds for diss track, unstoppable on the heavy for stun immune, bleed and shock resist (90%), 50% perfect block, counter to auto block and miss, the list goes on. But the fact that a good amount of that stuff only activates against a metal champ, coupled with taking his prowess mitigates his insane damage, he’s just not the best mutant in my opinion.

Colossus is insane. Insane damage, great utility, such as: he has lots of armour for buffed up, gains extra combat power rate when under AAR, in-built damage cap, unblockable special 2, very tanky, can effectively stop crits from the fatigue passive, has insane triple immunities of bleed, coldsnap and incinerate, as well as a fourth against non techs of armour break immune, mean he’s the best havok counter in the game. He’s just got so much going for him, but personally I just don’t think he is the best mutant.
  • Options
    GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Other?
    If you’re running suicides it’s OR. If you’re not then it’s havok or apoc. Spam disagrees all you want
  • Options
    WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    Other?
    Where's Colossus?
  • Options
    Other?
    Disclaimer: this is my opinion. You are entitled to your own, which I will respect. Al

Here’s my beef with magneto. I think everyone here can agree he’s complete trash against non metal champs. But hey, 66/190 of the champs in the game are metal. Sounds really good right? Except when you look at this list of 66 champs, only about 10, mayyyyyyybe 15 of them are champs that are actually hard to fight/will give you any trouble without having magneto. The rest of that is just champs like guillotine and og iron man that nobody should struggle with. Well, that’s still good since he can cheese every one of those dooms, warlocks, and g2099s in a quest with no limitations right? Wrong. You’re not getting anywhere if the opponent is stun immune, and his 50% perfect block is nice but his block proficiency is bad enough that if you don’t hit that 50% perfect block often enough, that damage is going to really start to add up pretty quickly. So, in conclusion, you’ve got a champ that makes easy fights easier, or for a very small subset of actually hard fights is reliant on the opponent not being stun immune. I’m not concerned with raw damage, I’m concerned with practicality at the end of the day, which just isn’t something he has. Thank you for reading all of my rant 😅
  • Options
    Omega red

Disclaimer: this is my opinion. You are entitled to your own, which I will respect. Al

Here’s my beef with magneto. I think everyone here can agree he’s complete trash against non metal champs. But hey, 66/190 of the champs in the game are metal. Sounds really good right? Except when you look at this list of 66 champs, only about 10, mayyyyyyybe 15 of them are champs that are actually hard to fight/will give you any trouble without having magneto. The rest of that is just champs like guillotine and og iron man that nobody should struggle with. Well, that’s still good since he can cheese every one of those dooms, warlocks, and g2099s in a quest with no limitations right? Wrong. You’re not getting anywhere if the opponent is stun immune, and his 50% perfect block is nice but his block proficiency is bad enough that if you don’t hit that 50% perfect block often enough, that damage is going to really start to add up pretty quickly. So, in conclusion, you’ve got a champ that makes easy fights easier, or for a very small subset of actually hard fights is reliant on the opponent not being stun immune. I’m not concerned with raw damage, I’m concerned with practicality at the end of the day, which just isn’t something he has. Thank you for reading all of my rant 😅

While I agree with almost everything you said, I disagree with ‘not getting anywhere if the opponent is stun immune’, since, the unstoppable can really help in those stun immune matchups to get your heavy attacks off. Yes, you may take some damage, but a hit or 2 at the very most. Further, his damage cap will save you from those insanely high damage hits that would otherwise kill you.

So yes, he’s not as great in stun immune matchups (a lot of champs aren’t), but he’s not completely dead useless, due to the unstoppable actually having some value in these sorts of matchups. Also, his sig ability gives him crit resistance, so if he gets hit when you’re holding the heavy, there’s much less chance the hit will be critical, increasing your chance to survive.

In my opinion, he’s still practical and decent in stun immune fights.
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Magneto
    Mags being complete trash against non-metals is the most laughable statement I’ve heard ever. Sure he’s not the absolute best option, but he’s still got a lot of solid utility without the opponent being metal. His damage is still great, easy access to bleeds and armor breaks, heal block on knockdown with the brotherhood synergy which has multiple really solid champs, burst damage on heavies with his sig, and easy access to a butt load of buffs. As someone who uses mags all the time, both against metal champs and nonmetal champs, he’s absolutely not trash.

Also:

Only about 10 are hard to fight.”

Yeah, it’s not like they’re 10 of the most annoying and difficult defenders to ever deal with or anything. You’re also ignoring the fact that mags is a top 3 korg counter, a champ which shows up on AW defense all the time.
  • Options
    Magneto
    Doom, Warlock, Annihilus, Korg, Dhawk, G2099, Mojo, mysterio, IMIW, Weapon X, Nova, Wasp, Modok

Yeah it’s not like Mags shuts all of them down or anything like that. Not a lot of common, and really annoying defenders in that list huh.
  • Options
    Other?

Mags being complete trash against non-metals is the most laughable statement I’ve heard ever. Sure he’s not the absolute best option, but he’s still got a lot of solid utility without the opponent being metal. His damage is still great, easy access to bleeds and armor breaks, heal block on knockdown with the brotherhood synergy which has multiple really solid champs, burst damage on heavies with his sig, and easy access to a butt load of buffs. As someone who uses mags all the time, both against metal champs and nonmetal champs, he’s absolutely not trash.

Also:

Yeah, it’s not like they’re 10 of the most annoying and difficult defenders to ever deal with or anything. You’re also ignoring the fact that mags is a top 3 korg counter, a champ which shows up on AW defense all the time.

Why would you use him against a non metal fight when you could use literally anyone else who doesn’t have such a boring and situational playstyle? Also I’m not sure what tier aw you’re in if you think korg “shows up all the time”. He’s only relevant on one node, mix master, and can be easily oneshot by numerous champs there. And I said these 10 champs were annoying to fight, it’s not like I never once denied it, and magneto definitely makes these champs easier to fight, I never once denied it. But I fail to see how some QoL against 10 champs and not doing much against anyone else merits him being called the best champ in the class. Also, as I stated at the very beginning of my post, this is my opinion, and you are more than welcome to disagree 😘
  • Options
    Magneto

Also:

He has access to loads of buffs and debuffs, but his overall utility (Aar, regen control, Miss/auto block counter) THE Insane damage is practically gone. In non metals, There are better champs to chose from like Torch. He’s not bad in the matchups that aren’t metal, but still not a Top 5 option for anything non metal
    I’m not saying he’s as good against nonmetals as he is against metal champs. All I’m saying is that saying he’s trash against non metals is absurd.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Other?
    It's Psylocke :wink:
  • Options
    Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    Magneto
    Omega Red and Colossus <omega Red and Colossus on the same team .
  • Options
    DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    Omega red
    People voting for Mags over Omega are either uninformed or delusional because there’s no way a champ that only works extremely well against a set amount of opponents is better than a champ that works well in almost any situation besides things like Abyss or Lab.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    AA
    Hazzalec1 said:

Might be bias, but this dude rocks. I think it’s close between colossus and magneto, who both have insane damage and some nice utility. But if you’re running suicides, this guy can do almost anything. Death field melts. He’s got a ton of utility. Stops purify. Can ignore damage back with tentacles. Double immune. Can life steal. Can power steal. Can deal passive DOT that no one is immune to, and just looks and feels awesome to play. Without suicides, he’s a great champion. With suicides, he’s the best mutant in MCOC, hands down, at least in my book.

Magneto is awesome, don’t get me wrong, and the fact that he absolutely demolishes the 1/3 of the champions (being metal) is really great. He also has some nice utility like armour break, prowess for buffed up, AAR, heal reversal (only 105% but still), nice bleeds for diss track, unstoppable on the heavy for stun immune, bleed and shock resist (90%), 50% perfect block, counter to auto block and miss, the list goes on. But the fact that a good amount of that stuff only activates against a metal champ, coupled with taking his prowess mitigates his insane damage, he’s just not the best mutant in my opinion.

Colossus is insane. Insane damage, great utility, such as: he has lots of armour for buffed up, gains extra combat power rate when under AAR, in-built damage cap, unblockable special 2, very tanky, can effectively stop crits from the fatigue passive, has insane triple immunities of bleed, coldsnap and incinerate, as well as a fourth against non techs of armour break immune, mean he’s the best havok counter in the game. He’s just got so much going for him, but personally I just don’t think he is the best mutant.

Archangel: *exists*
    This dude: *forgets to mention him*
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Other?
    Cyclops with all of his EfeCtiVeNesS
  • Options
    Omega red
    Kill_Grey said:

Hazzalec1 said:

Archangel: *exists*
    This dude: *forgets to mention him*
    Personally he’s 4th on my list. Primarily because of his reliance on bleed and poison, but also his optimal rotation being heavy attacks and therefore benefitting greatly from parrying. I love archangel, but personally I don’t think he’s a top 3 mutant, despite all his AAR and passive heal block magic.
  • Options
    Another_NameAnother_Name Posts: 180
    Namor
    Because