**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

V6 was boring

2»

Comments

• Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★

I refuse to believe people didnt enjoy the heal reversal cheese and infinity heavy spam.

yippee, spamming heavy until my arm falls off
    heal reversal cool though
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    V6 was fun what are you on about?
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    V6 and Act 7.1 are great steps in the right direction. Fun content that allowed you to enjoy the game. If you want harder content run Abyss, you want the game to stay around longer keep making content like Act 7.1 and V6. The idea of our champs getting buffs has brought a great benefit to the future of the game.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020

Another dumb post. Too easy? Duh, use less OP Champs. That makes way more sense than complaining when the solution is in your hands. People with large rosters and top Champs claim new content is easier because they have those things. When your account was smaller and the counters weren't all there, was it as easy then?

Why didn't you just use less OP Champs or lower star versions to challenge yourself? Probably cause you didn't want the actual challenge or risk of having to use items that you knew could be saved by using your top Champs.

Problem solved, stopped whining.

So please explain to me what the point of building a roster in the first place is. Apparently I'm too simple to understand how much sense it makes for someone to spend a large amount of time and/or money acquiring something to never use.
    I suppose these reasons are enough:
    1. AW
    2. Clearing content easier/faster
    3. Bragging rights
    If those reasons don’t cover someone, then he really needs to take a break.
    Content should never go back to 6.2 standards. We all have seen the consequences and the impact it had to the game.
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★

I just finished variant 100% and it was just boring. Used the same champs for all stages. Doom, Venom, Magneto, and Ghost.

The path asking for a weakness debuff is a joke because there's one #villain champ that places weakness, Green Goblin. 2 if you count Apocalypse which very few have one worth bringing into variant at this point.

Out of the 6 variants, this one ranks 5th out of 6.

It was your choice to use the same champs, if you wanted variety then mix up your team.

Also other villains aside from GG inflict weakness. Void, Apoc(yes he's new)Joe Fixit (sucks but still does it), and immortal Abom(also new). Nobody forces you to run it 100% in the first week though.

V6 was enjoyable to most
  • AceOfDiamondAceOfDiamond Posts: 197 ★★
    Here is my take on the type of content we would like. Permanent contents should be somewhat hard but enjoyable and doable with right champs and a reasonable amount of resources. But monthly time limited contents should be doable with more ease for the targeted bracket (TB, Cav, UC etc.).
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Another dumb post. Too easy? Duh, use less OP Champs. That makes way more sense than complaining when the solution is in your hands. People with large rosters and top Champs claim new content is easier because they have those things. When your account was smaller and the counters weren't all there, was it as easy then?

Why didn't you just use less OP Champs or lower star versions to challenge yourself? Probably cause you didn't want the actual challenge or risk of having to use items that you knew could be saved by using your top Champs.

So please explain to me what the point of building a roster in the first place is. Apparently I'm too simple to understand how much sense it makes for someone to spend a large amount of time and/or money acquiring something to never use.
    No one said you can't. The point is, you are in control of who you use for content. If you want to use your big Champs, that's great, but it will be easier. If you want a challenge, then use your lesser Champs. You, and you alone, have the power to decide who you take into the challenges. If Kabam makes it too specific or combines nodes that completely stuck, they lose. If they reward players with nodes that benefit players rosters, apparently, they also lose.

Don't complain it's too easy if you go ham with your best roster though, and instead could be using other Champs to make it more challenging, if that's what you're looking for. Don't complain when you have the power to fix the problem yourself, but choose not to.
    I can and will complain about whatever it is I don't agree with, just like everyone did incessantly about act 6.

It's not my job to make the game interesting, that's on the developers. If they can't keep certain sections of their playerbase engaged then that's their failure. You all say they needed to address story content to keep all the casual participation trophy crowd around, that's fine, they did that. If they fail to address the other end of the spectrum, those people either get bored and leave, stick around an complain like most of this forum membership did with Act 6, or just play casually and be barely interested in keeping up with the game.

What they choose to do and what effect that has on the game remains to be seen and as much as some of you claim to know what's good for the game, you don't really you're just making an assumption. One way or the other we'll find out where this goes and if it was a good move. Until then if I don't like something, I have zero intention of being quiet about it.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,170 ★★★★★
    Could always try using other champs that don't steamroll necessarily. Or use 4 stars.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Imagine complain a quest too easy by using OP champs even outside v6, also those OP champs are suitable like 90% of advantage nodes of the whole v6
  • solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    Quick question.. would SS work instead of Doom?
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    solmyrair said:

Quick question.. would SS work instead of Doom?

Sym isnt tagged a villian
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Idk op, try using different champs? Just a thought...
    I thought it was fun and used a variety of champs to make it interesting. Abom classic, MS..Hood, etc.. think outside the box man. There was no node that forces you to use Ghost or Doom or whoever that I can recall. I don't even really like using Doom tbh 😅 Hopefully I don't get too much of a disagree spam for that part 😛Was having fun with MS or Hood for Mystic fights.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★

No one said you can't. The point is, you are in control of who you use for content. If you want to use your big Champs, that's great, but it will be easier. If you want a challenge, then use your lesser Champs. You, and you alone, have the power to decide who you take into the challenges. If Kabam makes it too specific or combines nodes that completely stuck, they lose. If they reward players with nodes that benefit players rosters, apparently, they also lose.

Don't complain it's too easy if you go ham with your best roster though, and instead could be using other Champs to make it more challenging, if that's what you're looking for. Don't complain when you have the power to fix the problem yourself, but choose not to.
    I can and will complain about whatever it is I don't agree with, just like everyone did incessantly about act 6.

It's not my job to make the game interesting, that's on the developers. If they can't keep certain sections of their playerbase engaged then that's their failure. You all say they needed to address story content to keep all the casual participation trophy crowd around, that's fine, they did that. If they fail to address the other end of the spectrum, those people either get bored and leave, stick around an complain like most of this forum membership did with Act 6, or just play casually and be barely interested in keeping up with the game.

What they choose to do and what effect that has on the game remains to be seen and as much as some of you claim to know what's good for the game, you don't really you're just making an assumption. One way or the other we'll find out where this goes and if it was a good move. Until then if I don't like something, I have zero intention of being quiet about it.
    My last comment got reduced to atoms. FYI, the developers made the option for you to pick your team. They did their job in giving flexibility to make it more or less challenging. The rest is up to you. We all have our opinions, doesn't make yours right anymore than mine. However you do have a choice and an option to make content more challenging. If you disregard it, that's on you. Id rather play a fun game that I can make challenging, than a challenging game I can't make fun.