**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

My newest r5 5*. Thoughts?

TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★

Comments

• RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★
  • MaxLeeMaxLee Posts: 205 ★★
    edited December 2020
    Well now that you have already got him to R5 share your thoughts first.. where all of you can use him? which content? which nodes he is good for?

I wanted to use my 2015 Rank 3-4 gem on him and then maybe taking him to R5 when the news came in that he will be getting buffed. Now that he is and many ppl took him to R5 before even the update and then I saw them being disappointed. Maybe you have seen some great usage and utilities which you can highlight

PS: I must say you have some big courage to take him up even before Hyperion, CAPIW, Domino, Sym Supreme, and Blade (though he is old still has usage in some new content from time to time ). :lol::smiley:
  • MaxLeeMaxLee Posts: 205 ★★
    Terra said:

MaxLee said:

Well now that you have already got him to R5 share your thoughts first.. where all of you can use him? which content? which nodes he is good for?

I wanted to use my 2015 Rank 3-4 gem on him and then maybe taking him to R5 when the news came in that he will be getting buffed. Now that he is and many ppl took him to R5 before even the update and then I saw them being disappointed. Maybe you have seen some great usage and utilities which you can highlight

PS: I must say you have some big courage to take him up even before Hyperion, CAPIW, Domino, Sym Supreme, and Blade (though he is old still has usage in some new content from time to time ). :lol::smiley:

Courage is my middle name.
    He has some rotations and flexibility. If you are up against bleed immunes, do
    Sp3 and sp1 spam for damage. Weave in heavies once in a while for extra crit damage.
    If you're facing non immunes and the fight is short, my ideal rotation is, get to a sp2, Parry, throw heavy and then launch sp2 before second part of heavy hits. His bleed damage is quite something.
    In longer fights, throwing a sp3 first is best, since it puts you into a extra damage mode, with a % chance for instant bleed on basics. You want to keep up this mode as much as possible in longer fights. When you have this mode active, cycling Parry > Heavy (1 hit of it, you need to combo into sp2) > sp2 and you will see suprising damage. His sp1 is mainly for increasing crit rate which is somewhat useful but not really needed. It's smooth af to fire off though. He is also immune to regeneration disrupting effects, aside from poison.
    Insightful.. where do you put him in ranking among other skill champs?
    Personally, my skill ranking is

1- NickFury
    2- Aegon
    3- StealthSpidy
    4- Blade
    5- HitMonkey
    6- BlackWidowDO
    7- Elsa
    8-Falcon
    9-KM
    10- Gwenpool
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    MaxLee said:

Terra said:

MaxLee said:

Sp3 and sp1 spam for damage. Weave in heavies once in a while for extra crit damage.
    If you're facing non immunes and the fight is short, my ideal rotation is, get to a sp2, Parry, throw heavy and then launch sp2 before second part of heavy hits. His bleed damage is quite something.
    In longer fights, throwing a sp3 first is best, since it puts you into a extra damage mode, with a % chance for instant bleed on basics. You want to keep up this mode as much as possible in longer fights. When you have this mode active, cycling Parry > Heavy (1 hit of it, you need to combo into sp2) > sp2 and you will see suprising damage. His sp1 is mainly for increasing crit rate which is somewhat useful but not really needed. It's smooth af to fire off though. He is also immune to regeneration disrupting effects, aside from poison.
    Insightful.. where do you put him in ranking among other skill champs?
    Personally, my skill ranking is

1- NickFury
    2- Aegon
    3- StealthSpidy
    4- Blade
    5- HitMonkey
    6- BlackWidowDO
    7- Elsa
    8-Falcon
    9-KM
    10- Gwenpool
    Skill rankings? That's tough.
    Top 2 spots is varied imo.
    #1 Nick Fury
    #2 Unramped Aegon
    Or
    #1 Ramped Aegon
    #2 Nick Fury.
    ---
    Beyond that imo,
    #3 Stealthy
    #4 Blade
    #5 DDHK
    #6 BWDO
    #7 Hitmonkey
    #8 Elsa
    #9 Massacre
    #10 KM.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    🤮
    But you do you
  • HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,108 ★★★
    Should get a rework
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

MaxLee said:

You gave me some ideas. I’m going to give it a go. Thanks.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    Congratulations on your rankup but I do believe he is massively benefitted by very high signature levels. Mine is still R4 and sig 140 and I will consider maxing him out when he is also max sig. I will evaluate his performance then and see if he actually fills a niche in my roster.

If he is not max sig, he kinda needs his synergy with Electra / Psylocke.

In any case, I hope you really enjoy using him!
    edited December 2020

Terra said:

MaxLee said:

I just remembered another thing with him. The info may be worthless or it may be not.
    His sp1 is entirely safe on block EXCEPT when your opponent is in the corner. Could be useful in some scenarios
    Terra said:

Terra said:

MaxLee said:

I just remembered another thing with him. The info may be worthless or it may be not.
    His sp1 is entirely safe on block EXCEPT when your opponent is in the corner. Could be useful in some scenarios
    How so? I just used him in AW and I had thing on a solo - hit sp1 and thing blocked it and wrecked me

Terra said:

Terra said:

MaxLee said:

How so? I just used him in AW and I had thing on a solo - hit sp1 and thing blocked it and wrecked me
    If used correctly, his sp1 allows pushback just far enough to be able to block the retaliation, maybe even reintercept depending on AI. Mid arena works best for it incase you slip up. I've managed to pull it off several times with safe blocked sp1s
    Terra said:

Terra said:

Terra said:

MaxLee said:

If used correctly, his sp1 allows pushback just far enough to be able to block the retaliation, maybe even reintercept depending on AI. Mid arena works best for it incase you slip up. I've managed to pull it off several times with safe blocked sp1s
    The heavy into an SP2 worked very well. His damage increased significantly and those bleeds scaled. Good one

Terra said:

Terra said:

Terra said:

MaxLee said:

The heavy into an SP2 worked very well. His damage increased significantly and those bleeds scaled. Good one
    Told you it'd work. His bleed damage is quite something.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I’d love to know why you also took Karnak to rank 5
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Etjama said:

Lvernon15 said:

🤮
    But you do you

I'm with him. But also the top 10 lists too. KM at 9 and 10!? Wait! Frickin Massacre, Elsa and Falcon are above KM!? Have you even used Killmonger!? Blade at 4!? DDHK at 5!? And where the hell is Night Thrasher!!!!!???? Killmonger and Night Thrasher both deserve to be at like 5 and 6. I could forgive them being just a little lower, but that's ridiculous.
    Have you played the new falcon I have both him and killmonger. Falcon is better for the majority of content and does more damage IMO. He also shuts down so many things.

I have both as well. Falcon's just so freakin impractical because of his long-ass cooldown and his damage is only better in evade matchups. Killmonger is so much more.
    Etjama said:

Gmonkey said:

Etjama said:

Lvernon15 said:

🤮
    But you do you

I'm with him. But also the top 10 lists too. KM at 9 and 10!? Wait! Frickin Massacre, Elsa and Falcon are above KM!? Have you even used Killmonger!? Blade at 4!? DDHK at 5!? And where the hell is Night Thrasher!!!!!???? Killmonger and Night Thrasher both deserve to be at like 5 and 6. I could forgive them being just a little lower, but that's ridiculous.
    Have you played the new falcon I have both him and killmonger. Falcon is better for the majority of content and does more damage IMO. He also shuts down so many things.

I have both as well. Falcon's just so freakin impractical because of his long-ass cooldown and his damage is only better in evade matchups. Killmonger is so much more.
    If the opponent doesn’t evade, how less effective is Falcon? Meaning - is he still very good with non-evading champs?
    Will3808 said:

Cause I enjoy him.

Etjama said:

Gmonkey said:

Etjama said:

Lvernon15 said:

🤮
    But you do you

If the opponent doesn’t evade, how less effective is Falcon? Meaning - is he still very good with non-evading champs?
    His damage isn't nearly as good, but he does still counter a lot of mechanics. His problem is that he can only counter those mechanics for parts of the fight. For a lot of the fight, he has to back off and play around the opponent which is very impractical.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Gmonkey said:

Etjama said:

Lvernon15 said:

🤮
    But you do you

Falcon has more damage than km whether it's an evade matchup or not.

Etjama said:

Gmonkey said:

Etjama said:

Lvernon15 said:

🤮
    But you do you

No he doesn't. I'm talking awakened KM vs. awakened Falcon. KM has more damage. Plus KM could have half the damage and he'd still be much more useful for many more fights than Falcon.
    Terra said:

Will3808 said:

Cause I enjoy him.
    People who view this game as a job will never understand that
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Gmonkey said:

Etjama said:

Lvernon15 said:

🤮
    But you do you

No he doesn't. I'm talking awakened KM vs. awakened Falcon. KM has more damage. Plus KM could have half the damage and he'd still be much more useful for many more fights than Falcon.
    Yes he does. I have both of them awakened. Usefulness is a whole other issue as I don't use both of them don't ask me.

Terra said:

Will3808 said:

Cause I enjoy him.
    People who view this game as a job will never understand that
    True words indeed.
    edited December 2020

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Gmonkey said:

Etjama said:

Lvernon15 said:

🤮
    But you do you

Yes he does. I have both of them awakened. Usefulness is a whole other issue as I don't use both of them don't ask me.
    Then you don't know how to activate KM's extra damage while true strike and reverberation are active. Cause KM has more damage overall in non-evade matchups. And remember that Falcon gains more damage when lock-down is active which is probably the kind of damage you're used to. That's only active for part of the fight.