**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

OH MY GOODNESS, STRYFE IS CABLE'S CLONE

Comments

• Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

To be clear, I'm not trying to take a dookie on your Thread. Just saying when you say things like confirmed, it leads people to believe something. Had you said "I hope..." or "Will they....", that would be different.

TRUE, I should've removed confirmed because it is not confirmed. I tried to alleviate that with the question marks but next time I'll just remove confirmed. 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
  • Options

Jesus, he's not even out yet.

1. I put a question mark meaning I did not make any assumption
    2. It is fully reasonable to ASSUME that Cable will get a synergy with his own clone, Stryfe

Nowhere in my statement did I say anything about Cable or Stryfe ability wise as we don't know their synergy, if they even have one, yet.
    Just curious, what sort of discussion did you aim to get going when creating this thread? With such little context given, there's really not much to be said. The comments are bound to be all over the place.
    This is a public forum. I made this thread to state that there is a possibility that Cable becomes even better in January with a possible Stryfe synergy.
  • Options
    Silver_GooseSilver_Goose Posts: 488 ★★★

Jesus, he's not even out yet.

1. I put a question mark meaning I did not make any assumption
    2. It is fully reasonable to ASSUME that Cable will get a synergy with his own clone, Stryfe

Nowhere in my statement did I say anything about Cable or Stryfe ability wise as we don't know their synergy, if they even have one, yet.
    Just curious, what sort of discussion did you aim to get going when creating this thread? With such little context given, there's really not much to be said. The comments are bound to be all over the place.
    This is a public forum. I made this thread to state that there is a possibility that Cable becomes even better in January with a possible Stryfe synergy.
    Yeah but ur phrasing was weird. No shade tho.
  • Options
    New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    beyond god tier is being a titan
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    In any case, it might be likely there's a Synergy, but I don't know if it will be OP or not. I wouldn't mind it. I have the 6*. XD
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Well, we all learn that is always better to just wait till there is something, before starting to comment about it.
    Spotlight thread should come in a few days. Discussion about the character can be done there
  • Options
    Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Posts: 469 ★★★

it’ll be a dud synergy

Is it bad that i sort of...want it to be?
    No, because if he gets a good synergy then it's less likely that he's going to get a buff
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    I hear the synergy with Cable makes them both worse than red Cyclops.

Too soon??
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★

it’ll be a dud synergy

good jinx
    let’s not forget he’ll also probably have a synergy with Apocalypse since Apocalypse kidnapped him then abandoned him and really kick started his character.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72 said:

Stryfe is a characters who is designed to have just an unhinged amount of power, but still manages to fail and suck as a character. He’s part of that completely self indulgent clone/time travel junk that nearly sank the X-Men franchise. I mean, so his cable, but at least he was first.

As such he will have a synergy with cable that appears enormously powerful on paper, but somehow manages to have no impact on the game.

yes but they did cable well. He was an intriguing character. Stryfe is basically evil cable in a glorified batman suit
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★

okay so, I've thought up a genius equation.

Jubilee = pyrotechnics
    Pyrotechnics = fireworks
    Fireworks = go up in the air
    Air = Above ground
    Above ground = Terrax, herald of Maw
    Herald of Maw = Ebony Maw

Fixed it
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,210 ★★★★
    I think Stryfe will have at least 1 synergy with Apocalypse. Maybe even 2... one as friend, one as foe.
  • Options
    Shock29 said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

How can he be beyond God tier when you've already said he's beyond God tier.

The only thing that's beyond anything, is the ridiculousness of your posts at this point.

I don't think I've ever said he was beyond god tier I've said he was a solid god tier. He needs more utility to be beyond god tier.

How's it ridiculous that Stryfe, the clone of Cable, would have a synergy with Cable himself??
    No. I mean you, KD, are ridiculous. Your posts. Your hot takes. You're like that annoying React Channel that everyone on YouTube automatically clicks "Do not recommend" because you're tired of the bad clickbait and overreaction to something.
    Why you being like this Damien. KD just showing some love for Cable.
    Damien is the Wolverine to KDs Cyclops

until they fell in love then they stop being the Wolverine to the others cyclops
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020

okay so, I've thought up a genius equation.

Jubilee = pyrotechnics
    Pyrotechnics = fireworks
    Fireworks = go up in the air
    Air = Above ground
    Above ground = Terrax, herald of Maw
    Above Ground = stuff to walk on
    Stuff to walk on = below air
    Below Air = Above Air
    Above Air = Air
    Air = Air Travel
    Travel = Walking
    Air Travel = Air-Walker

What tomfoolery have you done squidward
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

Lovejoy72 said:

Stryfe is a characters who is designed to have just an unhinged amount of power, but still manages to fail and suck as a character. He’s part of that completely self indulgent clone/time travel junk that nearly sank the X-Men franchise. I mean, so his cable, but at least he was first.

As such he will have a synergy with cable that appears enormously powerful on paper, but somehow manages to have no impact on the game.

yes but they did cable well. He was an intriguing character. Stryfe is basically evil cable in a glorified batman suit
    Lol. And he actually undermines the interest in cable in someways, as cable was always this vastly powerful character that was held back by this unbeatable disease. There was always that implication of how powerful he could be. And then this guy comes along who is exactly that powerful and it’s just pretty boring. It’s like giving away the trick at a magic show, just leave the mystery in place.
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    YOOOOOOOOOO
  • Options

it’ll be a dud synergy

good jinx
    let’s not forget he’ll also probably have a synergy with Apocalypse since Apocalypse kidnapped him then abandoned him and really kick started his character.
    I hope so, anything that makes Apocalypse even stronger is appreciated 😇
  • Options
    IceBroIceBro Posts: 179 ★★
    Cable is pretty good with that Apocalypse synergy so I don't see how they can make him any better without breaking the mutant class. Then again, AA got more ability acccuracy and can even pause neurotoxins now. I think they should just give cable a power drain on the sp1 maybe through a synergy or a small power drain on gun attacks.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Just pointing out, iHulk didn’t have a synergy with any of himselves, so I doubt it
  • Options
    IceBroIceBro Posts: 179 ★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Just pointing out, iHulk didn’t have a synergy with any of himselves, so I doubt it

IHulk should've had a synergy with Immortal Abom and Red Hulk. I think there was a synergy before release but was scrapped upon their arrival.
  • Options
    IceBro said:

Crcrcrc said:

IHulk should've had a synergy with Immortal Abom and Red Hulk. I think there was a synergy before release but was scrapped upon their arrival.
    Those are not versions of himself like OG Hulk is. I doubt Cable will have a Stryfe synergy.
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

IceBro said:

Crcrcrc said:

Those are not versions of himself like OG Hulk is. I doubt Cable will have a Stryfe synergy.
    They’re two different characters
  • Options

Crcrcrc said:

IceBro said:

Crcrcrc said:

But clones. Just an opinion. I could be wrong.
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

IceBro said:

Crcrcrc said:

But clones. Just an opinion. I could be wrong.
    Someone disagreed with you that you said you could be wrong so you’re actually right.