**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

why doesnt kabam give everyone a champion to try it out before release ?

I dont want to sound like im hating on the content creator but is very unfair that kabam gives them a rank 4 lvl 99 champ for few days and they get to use it to complete content in game like act 4 just like jade jolie was doing or doing master mode 100 percent like arbitrarium this content creator people are players just like me and some of you i would do the same if kabam gives me a rank 4 lvl 99 champ every month is an advantage given to this people is unfair just like hacking or using a mod i really dont care if anyone dont agree with me but im going to say what i feel i play hard i pull crystals and i get kabam with my pulls so kabam favor some players is not fare

Comments

• Options
    Onions have layers.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,843 ★★★★★
    It would give a lot of work and is not even necessary.
    They got a temporary champion for free to do videos about them. That's it.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    It was pretty cool that they gave everyone a 2* Quake and Starky. Seems like a pretty easy way to boost interest in their new champs.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,113 ★★★★★
    These people are not regular players, they take time to produce high quality videos that engage the community increasing interest in the game, helps newer players become better at the game and increases the amount of people playing the game growing kabam's revenue and player base. They are not giving them the champion for free, they are giving them in return for them having and continuing to do so much good for the MCOC community. If you put in the time to establish a youtube channel and help the community like they do kabam will also give you new champions to try out.
  • Options
    MsDominoMsDomino Posts: 72
    The content creators are basically free advertising for Kabam. If Seatin, for example, says x champ is god tier then the chances are sales of that champion are going to be increased. its actually pretty sound business sense for Kabam to let them use a champ this way.

Most of them are end game players. They're finishing content with or without loaned champs so they're really not getting any advantage in my opinion.

I'm sure there will be more opportunities in the future to join the programme, if you feel so strongly about this you could make your own channel and apply to be a part of it.

Personally I'm happy to hear a variety of opinions on newer champs, it makes deciding on a featured pull a much more informed decision.
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Onions have layers.

It's True!
  • Options
    HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    Hmmmm......not a terrible idea. Pre release make a special quest where you can try the new champ. He is available to everyone there for a month but only on that quest which costs no energy and earns no rewards. So the new champ never really enters your roster, but whoever they are working on is available to use inside that "quest" for lack of a better term. That way everyone can test the new champ for a month and give feedback and it will be constantly changing as they tweak. IDK how hard something like that would be to program, but I am sure it is doable. They can even use stuff like that to allow the player base to test out tweaks on existing champs.
  • Options
    VavasourVavasour Posts: 258
    Nope, don't like this idea. Ruins the surprise.
  • Options
    HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    I hate surprises
  • Options
    Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    They did for x23 i really liked it
  • Options
    IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    They did for x23 i really liked it

It was not bad, but the rewards were only gold. I'd like to see a little more to it than that or at least a higher gold amount.
  • Options
    vrtovrto Posts: 218 Content Creator
    edited October 2017
    Personally I had zero gain from it other than a lot of fun with the Morningstar, even my video monetization was given to the music copyright holder, anyway it’s hard to understand this idea of hating someone providing you with free entertainment just cause such person used it on solo quests not previously completed... Honestly it’s a missed opportunity content creators could not use her out of solo quests, everyone would gain from seeing her attacking on AQ and AW!
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,982 Guardian
    MsDomino wrote: »
    The content creators are basically free advertising for Kabam. If Seatin, for example, says x champ is god tier then the chances are sales of that champion are going to be increased. its actually pretty sound business sense for Kabam to let them use a champ this way.

Even when Seatin says a champion sucks it helps Kabam. The reason why Kabam - and most MMO companies - engage with people like youtubers is because fundamentally speaking they want people to remain involved with the game and the game community. The more people feel like they are part of a community surrounding the game, the more likely it is they will remain engaged with it.

When people call the youtubers shills, I laugh not because they are wrong, even though they are, but because they are so missing the point. Brian Grant (ContestChampion) is basically a poster child for not spending money on the game, but I'm sure the community and marketing people love him. The game needs people like him saying you don't *need* to spend money on the game. Some people will eventually spend money on the game, but first you have to get people to want to play it. You want a diverse group of people fronting your game, everything from people who love the game to people who find every fault with the game. As long as they contribute positively to the community of players that play the game.

If a youtuber encourages players to spend money, that's a bonus. The greatest service they do for Kabam is representing the fact there is a large community of diverse players that are playing the game. That's what they are really advertising. A couple of days of playing around with a champion is a very small price to pay to help support that.
  • Options
    SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    It's not "unfair" in anyway it is just good PR and helps leak information officially instead of via mods.

Although Kabam could implement a feature like this through the featured champion shown on the front game page.

Maybe they could implement a button that if you click on it lets you go through a quest with 5 random fights on it with the featured character just to test it out with no rewards.

It's not necessary of course, but it would be nice.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,365 ★★★★★
    Have to give you full points for knowing who Jade Jolie is. She looks great now, by the way.
    I don't mind them having a partnership to review Champs. It's a joint interaction. They give exposure, and receive something for it. I wouldn't mind more 2* Versions myself. Every once in a while it's nice to have one to try their move set out before we invest. Of course, that's also part of the drive for getting our hands on one. Once in a while is not a bad idea.
  • Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    we're too busy beta testing AW to be bothered with testing out new champs too.
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    vrto wrote: »
    Honestly it’s a missed opportunity content creators could not use her out of solo quests, everyone would gain from seeing her attacking on AQ and AW!
    Just think how many people would be **** wacthing videos about someone using a gifted champ for win some AQ/AW.

I think the best is to use it for quests, because it don't hurt directly anyone. And the rewards for quests are so shixxx that anyone should be more worried for people buying deals than somebody completing a quest not previously completed.

Yep, I know, actually everyone should gain watching the champ in AW/AQ but people will be not thinking about it.
    vrto wrote: »
    Personally I had zero gain from it other than a lot of fun with the Morningstar, even my video monetization was given to the music copyright holder, anyway it’s hard to understand this idea of hating someone providing you with free entertainment just cause such person used it on solo quests not previously completed...
    I'm agree with you.

• Options
    CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Because no one would have spent any money on Carbage.
  • Options
    WabziWabzi Posts: 31
    2* versions, I can go with.