**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thronebreaker monthly quest is needed-here's why

Erik_Killmonger1001Erik_Killmonger1001 Posts: 427 ★★★
edited January 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
I think the issue cavalier difficulty has is it isn't particularly clear who it is for. The endgame thronebreaker level players have the size and depth of roster to do 5 high level champs of each class in a team + boss counters ,which whilst not a requirement makes it substantially easier, are too high level to find the rewards exciting. The lower early cav end of players find the rewards exciting as their is a lot of t5b and t2a compared to uncollected to help to establish a strong 5/65 roster, however to get them they need roster depth for some of the niche stuff like global biohazard or diss track nodes. Cav difficulty was a request of the community for a while but because it was only released very close to thronebreaker title, the endgame level players had moved beyond what the early cavs needed and since we don't have thronebreaker monthly EQ they end up doing the highest difficulty available for sub-par (for their level) rewards. so unhappy endgamers, but to make sure that endgame players have something to do they they are continuing to tune the nodes to favour depth of roster over skill adding in mechanics like evade and healing as supposed to stuff that is skill based, to create end-game content which leaves the average player in need of te rewards struggling.

This is why I think cav should be tuned to be inclusive allowing cav players to build up rosters as they transition to endgame players in readiness for niche stuff in act 6 exploration and future variants, and then having thronebreaker difficulty on a monthly basis with higher level rewards and the similar niche nodes to fit the depth of roster endgame players have, as well as higher health and just difficult champions to provide a monthly endgame level challenge for the highest level rewards in game such a 25% T5cc selector for 100% or some such.

finally have this difficulty as breaker of thrones as in for act 6 completion but not r3 6* so that late cav players have better access to t5cc and could perhaps do initial completion of this endgame challenge with some item use to get a say 10% selector and help build them towards eventually becoming throne-breaker
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★
    I use the monthly quest to play with lower ranked champs that i wouldnt normally use or it would be boring AF. Its for sure time to bring out something more challenging for the endgame player.
  • Erik_Killmonger1001Erik_Killmonger1001 Posts: 427 ★★★

I think the issue cavalier difficulty has is it isn't particularly clear who it is for. The endgame thronebreaker level players have the size and depth of roster to do 5 high level champs of each class in a team + boss counters ,which whilst not a requirement makes it substantially easier, are too high level to find the rewards exciting. The lower early cav end of players find the rewards exciting as their is a lot of t5b and t2a compared to uncollected to help to establish a strong 5/65 roster, however to get them they need roster depth for some of the niche stuff like global biohazard or diss track nodes. Cav difficulty was a request of the community for a while but because it was only released very close to thronebreaker title, the endgame level players had moved beyond what the early cavs needed and since we don't have thronebreaker monthly EQ they end up doing the highest difficulty available for sub-par (for their level) rewards. so unhappy endgamers, but to make sure that endgame players have something to do they they are continuing to tune the nodes to favour depth of roster over skill adding in mechanics like evade and healing as supposed to stuff that is skill based, to create end-game content which leaves the average player in need of te rewards struggling.

This is why I think cav should be tuned to be inclusive allowing cav players to build up rosters as they transition to endgame players in readiness for niche stuff in act 6 exploration and future variants, and then having thronebreaker difficulty on a monthly basis with higher level rewards and the similar niche nodes to fit the depth of roster endgame players have, as well as higher health and just difficult champions to provide a monthly endgame level challenge for the highest level rewards in game such a 25% T5cc selector for 100% or some such.

finally have this difficulty as breaker of thrones as in for act 6 completion but not r3 6* so that late cav players have better access to t5cc and could perhaps do initial completion of this endgame challenge with some item use to get a say 10% selector and help build them towards eventually becoming throne-breaker

I don't understand why you want to call it Thronebreaker difficulty and it's not for Thronebreakers only.
    not fixated on that just wanted to try to prevent a problem before it starts, if thronebreaker EQ was introduced as the main to get t5 CC and you need a fully formed t5cc to get access to that diff EQ (for a r3 6*)t I could see it causing a problem if mismanaged since kabam particularly during the launch if thronebreaker began to detract cavalier as well as push thronebreaker, so I could see a bottleneck forming as kabam drives cost of t5cc higher for cav players and move a lot of available t5cc to thronebreaker only progression level.
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★

I use the monthly quest to play with lower ranked champs that i wouldnt normally use or it would be boring AF. Its for sure time to bring out something more challenging for the endgame player.

Kabam is probably planning stuff like 7.2 and maybe an abyss-type quest for thronebreakers, so I think that thronebreaker difficulty isn't gonna come for a while.
  • I agree, Cav MEQ is about right in terms of difficulty/rewards for someone around the 6.2 kind of benchmark and obviously fresh cavaliers will struggle in the same way that fresh UC struggle with the UC MEQ.

For me having 100% the game except V1 not only is it dull but the rewards are pretty meh. I’m doing the Cav EQ with my C team on AW and AQ attack days comfortably and pretty brainlessly too. This’ll be the case with most Thronebreakers too. 15 refills for a 1/6 on 10% T5CC is a bit from content that’s dull isn’t my idea of fun really.
  • DrZola said:

Bring back The Maze (or similar content like it) on a recurring basis. Like Variants, it would provide a solid constant to gauge progress. And I’d think designing quests like that would be easier than calibrating the rewards and challenge for a new EQ difficulty.

Also, while TB EQ would be nice, how many Cav EQs have we had now? I realize it feels tiresome, but we’ve barely worn the new smell off Cav EQ.

Dr. Zola

6 months I believe, the issue is it’s come 6 months late
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

I don't understand why you want to call it Thronebreaker difficulty and it's not for Thronebreakers only.
    not fixated on that just wanted to try to prevent a problem before it starts, if thronebreaker EQ was introduced as the main to get t5 CC and you need a fully formed t5cc to get access to that diff EQ (for a r3 6*)t I could see it causing a problem if mismanaged since kabam particularly during the launch if thronebreaker began to detract cavalier as well as push thronebreaker, so I could see a bottleneck forming as kabam drives cost of t5cc higher for cav players and move a lot of available t5cc to thronebreaker only progression level.
    Well first off, Kabam will never have a "main" place to get a single resource. They are spread out over all the content has to offer. If Cavalier difficulty is for those with the Cav title, Thronebreaker difficulty will be for those with the TB title. They shouldn't change that progression path because Cav players feel they don't have enough T5CC. The problem for Cav players that aren't TB is that they aren't doing everything they can to get the T5CC that is available to them but expect the same treatment as TB players.

The only thing Cav players can say where Kabam did them dirty was cyber weekend deals. That's really about it. The requirements for TB are so low right now that having that level of difficulty but still allowing anyone who doesn't have R3 6*'s but 1 run through Act 6 will only lead to so many complaints about how hard the content is. We saw it with UC, we saw it with Cav and we'll still see it with the next level.

What Kabam really needs to do is find a better why to qualify people for content they are suited to for EQ's so we can stop all this title nonsense.
  • While I'm all for new content, TB difficulty isnt really needed. Cav difficulty was recently added, and it need not be incredibly hard or whatever. I have completed all what the game has to offer, currently, and I enjoy trying out new things in cav.
    "harder content" can come out once in a while, and act content will keep coming out every few months. I'd rather they vet out content rather than throwing out new difficulties.
    WHile the rewards are mediocre, I cant see them buffing it currently without breaking game balance. The top end already r3s 6* like candy. They want to slow down progression without having to throw something ridiculous like 7* out there. Let us slow down and enjoy the pacing of this content.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

Well first off, Kabam will never have a "main" place to get a single resource. They are spread out over all the content has to offer. If Cavalier difficulty is for those with the Cav title, Thronebreaker difficulty will be for those with the TB title. They shouldn't change that progression path because Cav players feel they don't have enough T5CC. The problem for Cav players that aren't TB is that they aren't doing everything they can to get the T5CC that is available to them but expect the same treatment as TB players.

The only thing Cav players can say where Kabam did them dirty was cyber weekend deals. That's really about it. The requirements for TB are so low right now that having that level of difficulty but still allowing anyone who doesn't have R3 6*'s but 1 run through Act 6 will only lead to so many complaints about how hard the content is. We saw it with UC, we saw it with Cav and we'll still see it with the next level.

What Kabam really needs to do is find a better why to qualify people for content they are suited to for EQ's so we can stop all this title nonsense.
    I hear “content qualification” and I think: what else is there?

The team tried Summoner Level (and still uses it), but odometers have been stuck on L60 forever it seems.

The team tried rarity gates and got blasted for it.

The team tried a title system using a combo of story progression and rarity+rankup and that has gone over poorly.

It’s too late now, but it would have been worth a try to be able to restart the Summoner Level in increments only after certain story progression points—say, you can’t get beyond L60 unless you 100% Acts 1-5, or you are stuck at max L70 until you 100% Act 6, and so on. Those subsequent Summoner levels should have been fairly consequential.

I tend to think unlocking content should be tied to Story progression, but I’d even be willing to consider some form of locked content that requires special quest completion.

As a side note, the perqs of the TB title are good, but not what I would call game-changing (apart from last year’s offers, which I agree were tone deaf). You get some already available cats, a couple more Cav crystals and a glory-shot of weekly 5% T5c and a monthly 10% T5c.

Not bad, but it’s nothing worth having a conniption over (yet).

Dr. Zola
  • DrZola said:

The team tried Summoner Level (and still uses it), but odometers have been stuck on L60 forever it seems.

The team tried a title system using a combo of story progression and rarity+rankup and that has gone over poorly.

It’s too late now, but it would have been worth a try to be able to restart the Summoner Level in increments only after certain story progression points—say, you can’t get beyond L60 unless you 100% Acts 1-5, or you are stuck at max L70 until you 100% Act 6, and so on. Those subsequent Summoner levels should have been fairly consequential.

I tend to think unlocking content should be tied to Story progression, but I’d even be willing to consider some form of locked content that requires special quest completion.

As a side note, the perqs of the TB title are good, but not what I would call game-changing (apart from last year’s offers, which I agree were tone deaf). You get some already available cats, a couple more Cav crystals and a glory-shot of weekly 5% T5c and a monthly 10% T5c.

Dr. Zola
    I think that at the moment there is a real class divide between most Cavaliers and Thronebreakers. Upon release of TB the only realistic way to become TB was to have played 7x5 AQ for a while, been in high tier AW, at least completed AoL or have explored Act 6; or a combination of these.
    This created a 'soft' requirement for TB which has slowly been eroded as more and more T5CC has come into the game. What hasn't gone, however, is that them and us mentality where even relatively recent Cavaliers are feeling hard done by because other players are ahead of them.

My IRL mate moans that I'm TB and he's Cavalier and how that gives me a massive advantage. My real massive advantage is that I explored Act 6 and had already done 3 paths of AoL when TB was released compared to him being on 6.2 and not willing to learn the harder fights in that chapter. The difference is, I was willing to put the work in and he wasn't, and isn't.
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    I'm at the point now that they should just open all content to everyone. If they can't do it, they can't do it. No matter what Kabam does to lock content so they don't get overconfident summoners, we always see the same results. Everyone assumes that now I have title "X", I can beat that type of content. We then see them on here complaining about how hard it is and that the content should be tuned down etc...

I don't know what the true solution is. I won't ever pretend to know either. None of this will ever be perfect because there will always be players who think they deserve something someone else has just because. Open it all to everyone and let them try. Of course then Kabam will be blamed for content being a cash grab lol.
    Mauled said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    I think that at the moment there is a real class divide between most Cavaliers and Thronebreakers. Upon release of TB the only realistic way to become TB was to have played 7x5 AQ for a while, been in high tier AW, at least completed AoL or have explored Act 6; or a combination of these.
    This created a 'soft' requirement for TB which has slowly been eroded as more and more T5CC has come into the game. What hasn't gone, however, is that them and us mentality where even relatively recent Cavaliers are feeling hard done by because other players are ahead of them.

My IRL mate moans that I'm TB and he's Cavalier and how that gives me a massive advantage. My real massive advantage is that I explored Act 6 and had already done 3 paths of AoL when TB was released compared to him being on 6.2 and not willing to learn the harder fights in that chapter. The difference is, I was willing to put the work in and he wasn't, and isn't.
    This is spot on.
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    I got every content 100% done
    Monthly quest doesn’t have any such levels of difficulty and rewards that can lure me to play the game more often
    Story quest are good like act 7 but they take lots of time to get release
    So in order to make the end game players really spend some time in game the developers need to make certain content where there rosters are challenged and at same time offer reasonable rewards for the time involved. Last month that mcauley content was one of that kind.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,676 ★★★★★
    Something that I've always done to keep myself from being burned out or getting overwhelmed, is sticking to just one or two difficulties per month. Go for the one that is suited to my progression. Perhaps some people feel that cavalier is time consuming, but are those same people also exploring uc master and below? At some point there's going to be so many difficulties you simply won't have enough time or energy to do every single one each month on top of story acts and variants. Its getting to a point that each of those areas of the game should have their own energies.

Monthly quest doesn’t have any such levels of difficulty and rewards that can lure me to play the game more often
    So in order to make the end game players really spend some time in game the developers need to make certain content where there rosters are challenged and at same time offer reasonable rewards for the time involved. Last month that mcauley content was one of that kind.

John Mulaney... Mcauley is the Home Alone kid.
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★

John Mulaney... Mcauley is the Home Alone kid.
    Yeah whatever lol
    Didn’t knew the exact name
    Thanks for correction

While I'm all for new content, TB difficulty isnt really needed. Cav difficulty was recently added, and it need not be incredibly hard or whatever. I have completed all what the game has to offer, currently, and I enjoy trying out new things in cav.
    "harder content" can come out once in a while, and act content will keep coming out every few months. I'd rather they vet out content rather than throwing out new difficulties.
    WHile the rewards are mediocre, I cant see them buffing it currently without breaking game balance. The top end already r3s 6* like candy. They want to slow down progression without having to throw something ridiculous like 7* out there. Let us slow down and enjoy the pacing of this content.

The game balance doesnt seem to be much of a concern when we put our hands into our walletts on July 4th or cyber weekend or gifting? Im not asking for ridiculous rewards but at this stage of the game getting 10k shards every 3ish months for the hardest difficulty with nearly 200 champs in the game to get from a 6* crystal (and a lot of them are utter garbage) i dont think giving us a bit more in terms of rewards would hurt would it. I dont mind an increase in difficulty for the rewards id like to have an oppurtunity to test myself and be rewarded fairly for that
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    xLunatiXx said:

Agree. But seeing how long it took for kabam to create a cav difficulty I don't see it happening anytime soon..
    Just the fact they said they will create new globals and rotate them is good enough from kabam pov.
    They always had a delay between titles and monthly difficulty sadly, leaving most people unsatisfied.

yup , maybe 2 years for TB EQ
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,902 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Bring back The Maze (or similar content like it) on a recurring basis. Like Variants, it would provide a solid constant to gauge progress. And I’d think designing quests like that would be easier than calibrating the rewards and challenge for a new EQ difficulty.

Also, while TB EQ would be nice, how many Cav EQs have we had now? I realize it feels tiresome, but we’ve barely worn the new smell off Cav EQ.

Dr. Zola

I had an idea a few months back when we were talking about the summer of pain and such about creating seasonal content. Three month long rotating endgame content designed to challenge the the very top of the game, with rewards to match. It could be different from year to year or just a four quest rotation, really wouldn’t matter too much at that point. But have it scale up as well so that it is always geared towards the endgame so that there’s always something for those players to log in and do and look forward to.

This way it’s not asking Kabam to layer on yet another EQ difficulty, it’s separate content. And it lets them really run wild with the difficulty in a way that is gone from the game right now.
  • While I'm all for new content, TB difficulty isnt really needed. Cav difficulty was recently added, and it need not be incredibly hard or whatever. I have completed all what the game has to offer, currently, and I enjoy trying out new things in cav.

The game balance doesnt seem to be much of a concern when we put our hands into our walletts on July 4th or cyber weekend or gifting? Im not asking for ridiculous rewards but at this stage of the game getting 10k shards every 3ish months for the hardest difficulty with nearly 200 champs in the game to get from a 6* crystal (and a lot of them are utter garbage) i dont think giving us a bit more in terms of rewards would hurt would it. I dont mind an increase in difficulty for the rewards id like to have an oppurtunity to test myself and be rewarded fairly for that
    In the end it is all about the rewards.
    Im not saying i want better rewards for no extra effort. Im saying challenge me more and allow me to be rewarded more. I just dont get why we have thronebreaker title within 2 months of them bringing cavalier out. Why does it take so long to roll the appropriate difficultys out based on KABAMS method of classifying where the player base is
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 896 ★★★
    edited January 2021
    I’m strongly against TB level difficulty monthly quests...

It’s just a game, no need to “push” players to experience TB challenge every single month...

One-time challenge like endgame boss rush every several months is sufficient