**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Tokens and Arcades

TheycallmeKevinTheycallmeKevin Posts: 7
edited February 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
I’m old enough to have spent tons of hours in various arcades growing up. The fun of an arcade is getting to playing all of the games. Not just sitting at one game and playing it over and over again after you’ve beaten it multiple times. All three games should have given equal stamps. Just playing the mutant game was repetitive and got boring quickly. You should offer a chance to get more tokens.
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    The amount of fights was less in the other difficulties. Less fights = less stamps. Not a fan of the layout on this one either, but it wasn't hard to figure out after reading the in game email which recapped the forum post pretty nicely in short order.

We played Street fighter, mortal kombat, fatal fury, etc for hours on end and it was rinse and repeat too. Most arcade games are a one way slog to the end, unless you have some good old fashioned PvP to truly duke it out.

• Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

The amount of fights was less in the other difficulties. Less fights = less stamps. Not a fan of the layout on this one either, but it wasn't hard to figure out after reading the in game email which recapped the forum post pretty nicely in short order.

We played Street fighter, mortal kombat, fatal fury, etc for hours on end and it was rinse and repeat too. Most arcade games are a one way slog to the end, unless you have some good old fashioned PvP to truly duke it out.

I think he’s saying the other 2 difficulties also should’ve had 9 fights and 3 tokens so it wasn’t so mind numbing running there mutant one on repeat
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

I’m old enough to have spent tons of hours in various arcades growing up. The fun of an arcade is getting to playing all of the games. Not just sitting at one game and playing it over and over again after you’ve beaten it multiple times. All three games should have given equal stamps. Just playing the mutant game was repetitive and got boring quickly. You should offer a chance to get more tokens.

Even at the real arcades, games costs different amounts to play.
  • LimmeyLimmey Posts: 10
    Very poorly designed. Players should not be penalized for doing the greater difficulty. Stamps for legendary should be given the option ti claim epic rewards.
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    Stop diving into events before you understand how they work. If you're not sure about it, ask someone.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★

I think he’s saying the other 2 difficulties also should’ve had 9 fights and 3 tokens so it wasn’t so mind numbing running there mutant one on repeat
    The flip side is some people want less fights to get it over faster or less risk of not being able to complete. Other threads have people complaining the mutant one was too long so they did the shorter/easier one.

Trade offs.

Honestly though, I think I've fought every champ in game 10,000 now (except the current month new releases is closer to only 1k). It's all repetitive. The rewards are what make it tolerable. Funny thing is, some of these guys saying the side event was too repetitive don't mind grinding arena every day for a couple hours. That is repetitive.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

FALSE

The fun of arcades was stacking your quarter/token for "next" at games and waiting for your turn to clear the game without dying, in front of a captive audience. Ms pac-man, centipede, pole position, dragon's lair, wwf superstars, wwf wrestlefest, heavy barrel, double dragon, just to name a few i could run in my sleep. college was all about street fighter 2 and cyberball tournament with my buds. nothing like talking #### standing next to your opponent slapping the hell out of buttons while a crowd yells obscenities and spills beer on your shoes - great times.

but sure, stamps.
    Wrong.

The fun of arcades was playing the same game over and over, long into the night, spending a pocket full of quarters just so you could knock that punk JQZ off of the leaderboard and see that perfect string of

DNA
    DNA
    DNA
    DNA
    DNA
    DNA
    DNA
    DNA
    DNA
    DNA

on the high score screen. And hear the lamentation of the women.
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    edited January 2021
    My friend did that growing up but his was can’t say it just realized but s it’s starts a with a f. and end 19th in the alphabet(I think, is that good enough to not get banned I hope)
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    I happen to own an X men fighting game arcade machine and I can say with confidence that this event is exactly the same. There are 10 characters in mine, which means you have 9 opponents available every time you play. The event is exactly like an arcade game, with 9 characters of varying levels of difficulty, but you have 170+ characters to use against them in MCOC, as opposed to 10.