**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Posts: 178
    iOS 14.3
    Game 29.2

Whenever doing the side quest, iPad get really hot and start lagging heavily. As soon as leaving the event heat drops.

Almost hopeless to get through the path before controls are unresponsive
  • Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★
    In-Game Name: bawa69
    Device and Model: iPhone X
    Device Operating System: iOS 14.2
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi
    Game Version Installed: Current
    Game Mode: Game crashes after fight when on wifi
    Description of the Issue: Whenever i play on wifi especially arenas or aq or aw game crashes after i win when i log in the fight is very rarely recovered and i end up losing half my health and the enemy has 100% health.

This issue is very rampant especially in aq and aw
  • alegka312alegka312 Posts: 67
    Device and Model: iPhone XR
    Device Operating System: iOS 14.4
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Version Installed: Last
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: I have an iPhone XR, iOS 14.3 and now 14.4, last version of game.
    Last 2 weeks I have great problem, game lagging. Looks like fps drops from 60 to 15, feels very laggy and unplayable (slideshow). It’s can begins any time, from 1 second of fight, when hero’s running to fight, or when I using special attacks. 30% of gameplay is fine, without lags, 10% is very good, fast and smooth, and 60% of gameplay is laggy, all animations are freezing.
    So what I do last 2 weeks: restart phone, restore default settings, changed connection, restore iPhone with iTunes, update iOS from 14.3 to 14.4, also I turn off any settings like app downloads.
    And no changes, game runs as she wish, laggy or smooth.
    I tested iPhone in stress test, no throttling, 410-440k points antutu, and I’m playing other online games, like PUBG and Call Of Duty, they goes very nice, fast and 60fps, I don’t see any lag like on Marvel contest of champions. So, I can say, my phone is fine, if he’s not I could back it to shop by warranty. Also I know, apple A12 Bionic is good to run mcoc.
    Can I get some help? I’m not the only one with this problem, I find many people like me.
    alegka312 said:

Device and Model: iPhone XR
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Version Installed: Last
    Description of the Issue: I have an iPhone XR, iOS 14.3 and now 14.4, last version of game.
    Last 2 weeks I have great problem, game lagging. Looks like fps drops from 60 to 15, feels very laggy and unplayable (slideshow). It’s can begins any time, from 1 second of fight, when hero’s running to fight, or when I using special attacks. 30% of gameplay is fine, without lags, 10% is very good, fast and smooth, and 60% of gameplay is laggy, all animations are freezing.
    So what I do last 2 weeks: restart phone, restore default settings, changed connection, restore iPhone with iTunes, update iOS from 14.3 to 14.4, also I turn off any settings like app downloads.
    And no changes, game runs as she wish, laggy or smooth.
    I tested iPhone in stress test, no throttling, 410-440k points antutu, and I’m playing other online games, like PUBG and Call Of Duty, they goes very nice, fast and 60fps, I don’t see any lag like on Marvel contest of champions. So, I can say, my phone is fine, if he’s not I could back it to shop by warranty. Also I know, apple A12 Bionic is good to run mcoc.
    Can I get some help? I’m not the only one with this problem, I find many people like me.

Sounds like you have more or less exactly the same problem that I experienced a long time.
    Lost confidence on kabam to either care, believe the incoming feedback or trying to fix the root cause.

The worst is the total silence from Kabam or the predefined answer everywhere and shutting threads
    iPhone 11 XS
    Game 29.2

Arena fight 4-6 star.
    Fight against CGR using IP , mid fight the game crashed. Started the game and got to recover the fight. When fighting the second time the game crashed again in the same place where I’ve got the defender backed into the wall.
    Restarted again and the fight was forfeited

Isn’t it about time these things are addressed at Kabam? Fix your game instead of pleasing your end gamers with more and more feature changes.
  • hello, the game is constantly crashing in the presence of a spider pig, it is already infuriating, I can’t take it anywhere, I’ve leaked so many resources because of this, neither see the info nor increase it, and the wifi connection is constantly lost ... the iPad 2018 device with celular.
    thanks for playing and waiting for the bug fix !!!
  • Deadpoetic45Deadpoetic45 Posts: 9
    In-Game Name: deadpoetic45
    Device and Model: iPhone 11 Pro
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi & Cellular
    Game Version Installed: 29.2.0
    Description of the Issue:
    Game crashes every 5 minutes no matter what I'm doing in game. It's gotten so bad that I can't even browse my champions to see who I want to rank up during a levelling up event without the game crashing. I maybe get 2-3 rounds in arena done before the game freezes and I have to force restart.

Game has crashed numerous times while in AQ right as I'm about to start a fight. After logging back in my health pool has been cut in half and my opponent is still at full health. What have you done to this game? I love playing, but if this gets any worse, I'm deleting this from my devices. Fix the current bugs you have before pushing new content.
  • 5tarscream5tarscream Posts: 94
    In-Game Name: Starscream
    Device and Model: IPhone 8 Plus
    Device Operating System: iOS14.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 29.2
    Game Mode: Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Crashing and lag. Unable to log in for long periods of time and when finally logging in the game is slow and unresponsive and disconnects me from the game saying lost connection.
    iOS 14.4
    Game 29.2
    iPad air2

This weekend the lag has been terrible , in any event the fights starts of ok but like 10 sec into the fight there are distinct change starting to build up. The longer the fight the lag, dropping inputs builds up. Specials are difficult but dodging is hard to anticipate when movements are glitchy.
  • rp91rp91 Posts: 57
    My device is iPhone 6s and
    game version 29.
    this lag issue is getting out of hand it’s affecting AQs and AWs getting forced closed in between fights and losing health of champion. This is really getting frustrating fix it ASAP kabam.
  • WarwulfWarwulf Posts: 20
    Massacre Groundhogs Day

Repeated fight in event about 6 times recorded had to leave map and refight to finish map.

AQ yesterday had an issue where I went into fight with opponent and was stuck in the loading screen was stuck there for 3 minutes until I closed app and restarted up one going back into AQ my champ had half life of when he started.

iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Software: 14.3
    WiFi: Verizon
    Cellular data: Verizon

• OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    New update, aaaaaand it still crashed.

Not going to bother with my specs, what iPad I'm using etc because clearly no one is bothered to try and fix it.

SIX MONTHS NOW.
  • asgardtrollasgardtroll Posts: 9
    Device and Model: iPad 5th gen
    Cellular or WiFi: wifi
    Game Version Installed: 30.0
    Description of the Issue:
    Unbelievably disappointed that the new update hasn’t solved this issue. Still get random crashes.
  • AJC_1870AJC_1870 Posts: 43
    AJC~18
    iPad 14.3 6th gen iPad
    Current MCoC update
    WiFi
    Arena and Quests both lag quite a bit, kicked off multiple times...most at one time was 6 in a row within 30 minutes.

This must be the 4th time I’ve reported it now.
  • Ncole1987Ncole1987 Posts: 2
    edited February 2021
    Does anyone ever get responses on lag/crashing issues? I see a multitude of posts on it, and like me, they seem to have submitted other tickets to support and it seems to be radio silence from support with no acknowledgement on the matter. Not trying to be condescending by any means, just wondering if maybe I'm missing supports response to it and I'm just ignorant to the process?
  • AllTrillAllTrill Posts: 11
    AllTrill
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Latest iOS and game version

My champs are moving forward and attacking on it’s on, my champ stop blocking in the middle of the defender’s combo, and my champs will dash back on its own. If I play with another device, the game doesn’t behave this way.
  • Abd_909Abd_909 Posts: 33
    in game name:Ab 909
    ipad air
    ios 12.5.1
    WIFI
    version 30.0.0
    all types of game modes
    whenever im fighting against psycho man or if im using him,his sp1 always makes the game crash and take me to the home screen
  • lenin851381lenin851381 Posts: 4
    ID ñame : lenin851381
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Software 14.4
    Game latest software
    5G & 4GLTE
    Cannot log in without being on wifi , so annoying !
    iOS 14.4
    Game 30.0
    iPad Air 2

What is wrong with game?
    Now it’s speeding and using Hyperion in AQ map 5 is now so fast that the movements almost are overlapping. Every part of the fight is annoying fast and almost unplayable.
    Other champs are fast too but not equally fast.

Now I’ve had fast, slow, stuttering, shaking and controls missing inputs, what are next to happen? This game is weirder and weirder by the version and tweaks you are doing.

Shouldn’t be surprised anymore but yes you still do surprise but not in a good way
  • Mr_CruxMr_Crux Posts: 7
    edited February 2021
    Game ID: Mr. Crux
    Device: iPhone 6
    iOS 12.5
    Game software: February 2021 patch
    Game will crash randomly every 15-20 mins.
    But this month Psycho-Man when throwing sp1 will crash my game 8 out of 10 times
    How am I supposed to beat cav EQ this month?
    If it is not fix full Cav EQ rewards should be compensated to players
  • Mr_CruxMr_Crux Posts: 7
    Game ID: Mr. Crux
    Device: iPhone 6
    iOS 12.5
    Game software: February 2021 patch

When a crash happens upon entering AQ or AW fight and getting docked 50% health
    This is most infuriating. If you are not going to fix game crashed then remove the 50% health deduction. (I’m sure the programmers can code to determine if someone force closes during a fight vs crashing between hitting the fight button before game fight begins)
    This issue has been going on for so long
  • HaamertailHaamertail Posts: 109
    Why does it seem that since half way through the last month that dashing back to avoid a heavy leaves you stuck in place and get rocked. Seems like the rooted mechanism leaked into the game without being an added node

• iPad Pro 10.5
    iOS 14.3
    Game vet: 30.0.0
    Xfinity Wi-Fi at home 600mbps connection

Happens every game mode every champ.

Lag, lag and more lag. Defenders are like stop action characters — defender action is very ‘jerky’, not smooth motion. They jerk across the screen making them massively more difficult to block or intercept when this happens, if we can even do it at all. Alliance mates have mentioned experiencing the same problem (across devices/operating systems).

This kind of lag has been happening for a long time now. It definitely happens more near the beginning of the month, which indicates your network or servers don’t have enough capacity to deal with a more crowded game when new content comes out. By the end of the month, that issue is typically reduced but never fully goes away.

I have yet to experience lag in any of the other games I play on this iPad.

Pretty please address this. There have been innumerable posts asking you guys to fix your lag, but nothing seems to change.

• In-Game Name: Exacution2007
    Device and Model: iPhone 6 Plus
    Device Operating System: IOS 12.5.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 30.0.0
    Description of the Issue: During the past year, I've been experiencing increasing amounts of the game crashing at times. It started with Silver Surfer's SP3, and I dismissed it as a 1 champ issue. A couple updates ago, you said you fixed this issue. It still happens. But this happens with other champions as well. Psycho man's sp1, Doctor Doom's SP2, and many more. However, this issue in the past few weeks has gotten worse, to the case where I would be starting a fight and the game would crash, at random times, in all game modes. I've lost more than 1000% total health in AQ alone, it's cost me a lot of revives. It happens during story quest as well, once I was 5% away from defeating the boss, and I threw doctor doom's SP2, the game crashed and I had to redo the fight. It's become a really annoying problem, hope you can fix it soon.
    The lag, freezes and dropping inputs are a never ending story.

Game speed are always changing. Using same device, same network, for sure not changing play style and still the way this game performs are really inconsistent.
    What’s the unknown factor? Can it simply be servers, game load or something is changing all the time?

Now defenders come to the center at the beginning of fights and manage to do a heavy attack even before a block, evade or any kind of counters are registering.