**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Colossus is a top 5 champ, or better, in the game! Change my mind.

Comments

• KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    Omega has been bugged so long that people have lost respect for the gimped damage, huh?
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
    edited February 2021
    The mutant class itself is so packed that he might not even be in the top 5 mutant, let alone top 5 overall champ.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★

Quake, Ghost, Nick, Ægon, Omega, Magneto, Doom, Claire, Hyperion, CGR, and CMM are all better than Colossus.

Change my mind

Quake and Ghost undoubtedly

Ægon requires skill and is kinda unforgiving

Nick yes 100%

Omega needs suicides and/or synergies, and even than he hits weaker than Colossus

Magento - against 1/3 champs he rules. Else not so much

Hyperion is tiny bit better than Colossus, although hits weaker. His upperhand is the DoT

CGR is 3rd best ingame champ imho

Doom is great, sustainable, so he is better

Claire is arguable, I would put her equal to Colos

CMM not even close. Colossus >> CMM. She needs rampup, fairly aggressive playstyle and the NF synergy is almost crucial (although there are ppl who play her without it)
  • Kerneas said:

A lot of these answers are why I don’t come to the forums much for help anymore. Saying colossus lacks utility is simply wrong and stupid. He’s immune to almost everything besides poison and a couple others. I have every champ except the newest in my roster and still take colossus everywhere. And some saying he needs synergies to be good. Then they list cmm and ghost above him for that reason. Yet both need... wait for it... synergies! Ghost actually needs three other champs for hers! Not that either of those are bad choices but you all get what I’m saying.

Play who you like but these lists and arguments aren’t helping players who are looking for actual advice.

That is true. I am also sick of any gameplay of new champions being with full synergies. You usually dont bring 4 champs to boost one god. You wanna bring a team of 5 useful champs, and not 80% support. Thats why I test champions alone
    That depends on the quest tbf. Some quests like 6.2.5 you need 100 different pieces of utility to get through without it being a unit fest but there’s more than enough high level content that you can build your team around one main champion, especially in Act 7 where you can just swap someone out at the end. With the mutants especially so many of the synergies overlap that it’s not a big deal to build a Colosuss team and then swap in a different champ at the end. If we’re talking about Colossus specifically there are a fair few quests that I used Colosuss with OR, Emma, JuggS +1. Likewise with ghost, I’ve happily allocated 3-5 slots for her, but I always rank my synergy champs up so they can be used in their own right too.
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 974 ★★★★
    Nah no way, without synergies he isn't up there for me. I don't think anyone uses colossus without synergies. That says alot imo. Also, for ppl who don't run suicides, bringing OR is just a waste of space. For those who do run suicides, it's a completely different story. For those reason, I don't rate colossus that highly. Sure, in the right setup he destroys, but without it his dmg isnt that special. Immunities are great tho.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Quake, Ghost, Nick, Ægon, Omega, Magneto, Doom, Claire, Hyperion, CGR, and CMM are all better than Colossus.

Change my mind

Only one I'd debate is better is Omega. Not saying Omega is bad. His ability to bypass passive damage is great. But that's more or less the only time I find myself using Omega these days. If there's a Magik or an Electro.
    There shouldnt even be a debate whether Omega is better. With or without suicides.

I didnt find myself ever using duped colossus because personally i dont think his utility is even as close to as valuable as Omegas.
    Where did I mention about Omega with or without suicides?

I have a r5 sig 200 OR with suicides. The only time I use him to fight is when I need his bypass passive damage ability.

Both Colossus and OR are reliant on synergies to keep their maximum damage output reliably. If they're both in a situation where neither are benefitting from a particular ability or node combination, I'd use Colossus over OR for the speed at which he does the same fight but faster.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

A lot of these answers are why I don’t come to the forums much for help anymore. Saying colossus lacks utility is simply wrong and stupid. He’s immune to almost everything besides poison and a couple others. I have every champ except the newest in my roster and still take colossus everywhere. And some saying he needs synergies to be good. Then they list cmm and ghost above him for that reason. Yet both need... wait for it... synergies! Ghost actually needs three other champs for hers! Not that either of those are bad choices but you all get what I’m saying.

Play who you like but these lists and arguments aren’t helping players who are looking for actual advice.

That is true. I am also sick of any gameplay of new champions being with full synergies. You usually dont bring 4 champs to boost one god. You wanna bring a team of 5 useful champs, and not 80% support. Thats why I test champions alone
    True. It's not highly practical for a progressing player to bring in full synergies to clear content. I too test champs with and without synergies and Colossus has a huge difference with and without synergies.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    ItsDamien said:

Etjama said:

IKON said:

Etjama said:

My god, people in here actually believe Colossus is better than OR? And that he is only used to bypass passive damage? As if that's not enough anyways!? My faith in this community plummets more and more every day. Omega is leagues above Colossus. Colossus has immunities, armor up, and he hits hard. Yeah, that's great. But it's not enough to make him a top 5 champ or even a top 10 champ.

I don't "believe" Colossus is better than OR.

I know he is.
    Well you're wrong. Plain and simple. I don't want to hear any more of this "But Colossus hits harder" bull****, OR has 10 times as much utility. I have never once seen Colossus used in high tier war but OR is used all the time. Colossus may be used for general path clearing in Act 6, but Omega deals with tons of the problem fights. I'd much rather have huge damage that ignores all consequences rather than even bigger damage that you can only use in matchups where most champions work.
    He hardly has 10 times the utility.

He has 5 things that Colossus doesn't have. Poison Immunity. Passive damage bypass. Damage over Time. Life steal. Power drain. That's it.

Colossus has several things that OR doesn't have.

They are, at worst, equal.

I'd still put Colossus over OR, but marginally.
    OR is poison immune, he prevents the opponent from shrugging debuffs, he heals like a madman, he strips the opponeny of all power, and he ignores all passive damage. Combine that with the fact that he barely needs to touch the opponent to do stupid amounts of damage and you can fight any opponent without consequential damage. If someone would please explain to me how Colossus's armor ups and incinerate/coldsnap immunity is better, that would be greatly appreciated.
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    Quake, claire, ghost, cgr, doom, and nick are better
  • DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    Mauled said:

A fully synergised Colossus is a monster.

Comparing him to Omega is comparing apples to oranges, they’re both totally different champions. Colossus has far better damage output, certainly over a longer period of time, OR is more sustainable but requires suicides to be even close to Colossus. There are parts of the game where OR’s death field/spores are almost an essential but I’m sitting with both at sig200 and I used Colossus far more than my OR.
    With the release of Prof X and Apoc I think Colossus gains a bit more, though I haven’t experimented overmuch.

Would I classify Colossus as a top 5 champ? Probably not, I’d put him in the top 10 though, and on balance I’d put him ahead of Omega too.

I'd just as a general fact, omega is far better than collosus in aw at least
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Change my mind

Only one I'd debate is better is Omega. Not saying Omega is bad. His ability to bypass passive damage is great. But that's more or less the only time I find myself using Omega these days. If there's a Magik or an Electro.
    There shouldnt even be a debate whether Omega is better. With or without suicides.

I didnt find myself ever using duped colossus because personally i dont think his utility is even as close to as valuable as Omegas.

I have a r5 sig 200 OR with suicides. The only time I use him to fight is when I need his bypass passive damage ability.

Both Colossus and OR are reliant on synergies to keep their maximum damage output reliably. If they're both in a situation where neither are benefitting from a particular ability or node combination, I'd use Colossus over OR for the speed at which he does the same fight but faster.
    For starters, OR is amazing for AW and AQ.

Answer this, what does colossus provide aside from immunities in endgame content?

Omega Red ignore passive damage, has really good DOT(even without suicides) that cannot be increased or decreased(huge for act 6), and he has really good sustainability with his regen and life steal.
    HI_guys said:

ItsDamien said:

Etjama said:

IKON said:

Etjama said:

My god, people in here actually believe Colossus is better than OR? And that he is only used to bypass passive damage? As if that's not enough anyways!? My faith in this community plummets more and more every day. Omega is leagues above Colossus. Colossus has immunities, armor up, and he hits hard. Yeah, that's great. But it's not enough to make him a top 5 champ or even a top 10 champ.

I don't "believe" Colossus is better than OR.

I know he is.
    Well you're wrong. Plain and simple. I don't want to hear any more of this "But Colossus hits harder" bull****, OR has 10 times as much utility. I have never once seen Colossus used in high tier war but OR is used all the time. Colossus may be used for general path clearing in Act 6, but Omega deals with tons of the problem fights. I'd much rather have huge damage that ignores all consequences rather than even bigger damage that you can only use in matchups where most champions work.
    He hardly has 10 times the utility.

He has 5 things that Colossus doesn't have. Poison Immunity. Passive damage bypass. Damage over Time. Life steal. Power drain. That's it.

Colossus has several things that OR doesn't have.

They are, at worst, equal.

I'd still put Colossus over OR, but marginally.
    Super agree. Without suicides and /or bleed nodes omega is gimped hard. And colosus only really needs the omega red synergy. Act 6.3 fight in less than 40 hits is amazing damage. Albeit a r3
    That's the only argument I hear against Omega. It's a stupid one. First of all, he doesn't even need suicides. His damage is still great without them but with them his damage is just absolutely insane. Second of all, why should it matter? Were going to give Colossus ideal circumstances like synergies but we're not going to look at OR with suicides?
    HI_guys said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Change my mind

Answer this, what does colossus provide aside from immunities in endgame content?

Omega Red ignore passive damage, has really good DOT(even without suicides) that cannot be increased or decreased(huge for act 6), and he has really good sustainability with his regen and life steal.
    Super high damage. Way less hits than average so less specials to bait out.
    You do realize you're comparing Colossus to the dude that only needs to throw a heavy every 7 seconds to do ridiculous amounts of damage, right? 🤦‍♂️
  • DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    edited February 2021

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Change my mind

Omega has really specific utility that I think some people don't even know about. Such as being a damage over time champ that completely passes cornered. Yep even his heavy degen debuff doesn't trigger cornered, this specific utility is relatively unknown even to the big boys. I used this for the safe guard cornered node in 6.3.5. Since most of his dmg comes from his passive damage over time, nodes like the science node this cav eq which reduce dmg by 50% doesn't reduce his dmg by much since the weakness doesn't effect his spore passive dmg. Also some other nodes that make your hits deal zero dmg, he doesn't care much since his passive degen dmg is so high. Such as the very specific prowess path in 6.4.1, I used omega for the path and soloed the man thing even tho you do no dmg on your basic attacks. The way you can play omega play omega is also something that few champs have. You can decide to play omega red like your playing bane for example, only hitting the opponet when the degen is about to expire. This is a psuedo way to control power by limiting your hits as well as reducing chip dmg from blocked hit. You could also beat into the opponenet like any other champ with 5 hit combos if you wanted, he has a nice diversity to his playstyle which makes him super fun to play.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Change my mind

Super high damage. Way less hits than average so less specials to bait out.
    Thats not really a utility. Just because a champ hits really hard doesnt make them the best.