**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

iPhone 12 Issues

2»

Comments

• Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 843 ★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Hey guys is there any news on this?

It’s nearly a month since the “bear with us while the team investigates” post.

I’m hoping you can confirm one of the following....
    - a problem has been acknowledged and there will be a fix at some point in the future
    - the game is working as intended on iPhone 12 in it’s current state

Thanks
  • Options
    Underpar69Underpar69 Posts: 86
    edited February 2021
    Thecurler said:

- a problem has been acknowledged and there will be a fix at some point in the future

Thanks

Not yet still as bad. No word from @Kabam Miike on this issue. If we could just get some form of recognition we would be more patient. As you said its been a month and complete radio silence! Thats what causes the issues.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks! We have noted your concerns above. Please bear with us while our team investigates. Thank you for your patience. Cheerio!

@kabamBoo any update?

• Options
    Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    I think it is hard to reproduce an issue as not all users with iPhone 12 are affected. For me it is working fine
  • Options
    Bpn88855 said:

I think it is hard to reproduce an issue as not all users with iPhone 12 are affected. For me it is working fine

That could well be the case.

I’m really struggling to understand why it’s so difficult to get any sort of feedback.

It’s not as if I’m being rude or asking for something crazy.

I spend cash on this game, spend far too much time playing it.... on the latest iPhone I’m getting hit regularly through no fault of my own.
    Many others have reported similar issues.

All I’m asking is have the reported issues been acknowledged and going to be fixed or as far as they can tell, there’s no problem.

If it’s the latter, I’ve got to dig around (again) to see if there’s anything causing the issue at my end or consider biting the bullet and trading the phone for another.
  • Options
    DJ_SergyDJ_Sergy Posts: 40
    Thecurler said:

Bpn88855 said:

I’m really struggling to understand why it’s so difficult to get any sort of feedback.

I spend cash on this game, spend far too much time playing it.... on the latest iPhone I’m getting hit regularly through no fault of my own.

All I’m asking is have the reported issues been acknowledged and going to be fixed or as far as they can tell, there’s no problem.

If it’s the latter, I’ve got to dig around (again) to see if there’s anything causing the issue at my end or consider biting the bullet and trading the phone for another.
    This is my biggest issue, they haven’t communicated anything at all, we don’t even know if its being worked on and if there has been any progress at all.

This is not the first time it happens, iphoneX had similar issues and took them a long time to get it fixed. So is it the same issue as before with the DPI changes on the newer phone???

Just letting us know will go a long way

Here is the link for the previous issue

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/98554/iphone-xs-control-issues
  • Options
    MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    DJ_Sergy said:

Thecurler said:

Bpn88855 said:

This is my biggest issue, they haven’t communicated anything at all, we don’t even know if its being worked on and if there has been any progress at all.

This is not the first time it happens, iphoneX had similar issues and took them a long time to get it fixed. So is it the same issue as before with the DPI changes on the newer phone???

Just letting us know will go a long way

Here is the link for the previous issue

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/98554/iphone-xs-control-issues
    Yeah hoping to hear about this since I'm planning on upgrading soon.
  • Options
    odzalodzal Posts: 7
    Just upgraded to the 12. You can add me to the list. I'll be playing easy stuff until we can get this fixed. It's not stable enough for tough content.
  • Options
    It’s definitely a widespread issue. There’s 4 guys in my alliance chat with iPhone 12, all having the same issues.
    Simple fights no problem. Complicated fights, horrible.
    Maybe it’s more noticeable in the difficult fights because you’re having to move faster with inputs and that’s when the issues become more obvious.
  • Options
    odzal said:

Just upgraded to the 12. You can add me to the list. I'll be playing easy stuff until we can get this fixed. It's not stable enough for tough content.

I hear ya bud but at this pace you might not be doing any content at all then 😂 since the phone came out in Nov it was reported and nothing has been done, not even acknowledgment that this is in fact an issue for kabam at all.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    It’s nearly 4 months since the 12 was released and it still doesn’t work properly.

It’s way past unacceptable and a perfect example of how Kabam allow resentment to build up in the community.
  • Options
    Thecurler said:

It’s definitely a widespread issue. There’s 4 guys in my alliance chat with iPhone 12, all having the same issues.
    Simple fights no problem. Complicated fights, horrible.
    Maybe it’s more noticeable in the difficult fights because you’re having to move faster with inputs and that’s when the issues become more obvious.

Agreed this might be why it’s difficult for the to replicate (assuming they are even trying to troubleshoot this, which at this point since they are not communicating is hard to tell if they are or not)

Fights where you have to intercept, dash back, then block, then bait sp and time everything perfect is where i noticed the issue the most. Simple parry/5 hits combos/ bait sp attack type of fights are totally ok.
  • Options
    DJ_Sergy said:

odzal said:

I hear ya bud but at this pace you might not be doing any content at all then 😂 since the phone came out in Nov it was reported and nothing has been done, not even acknowledgment that this is in fact an issue for kabam at all.
    Yup, flipped over to my Ipad, but play is waayyyyyy down because it's not that convenient anymore. Almost missed a 4 year log in streak the other day, and stopped doing arena all together. Guess I'll check back in a couple weeks. Definitely not spending any money.
  • Options
    If you guys having issues are using a screen protector, try a different protector or taking it off altogether.
    Tinkering around with that has pretty much solved the problem for me.
    No issues at all for 2 days now. Good luck.
  • Options
    BigHurt513BigHurt513 Posts: 4
  • Options
    Thecurler said:

If you guys having issues are using a screen protector, try a different protector or taking it off altogether.
    Tinkering around with that has pretty much solved the problem for me.
    No issues at all for 2 days now. Good luck.

Looks like I had a lucky couple of days. Unfortunately the problems are still present. Really random too.
  • Options
    jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★

Thecurler said:

Thanks

Not yet still as bad. No word from @Kabam Miike on this issue. If we could just get some form of recognition we would be more patient. As you said its been a month and complete radio silence! Thats what causes the issues.
    It's been like this for me since October, sorry guys.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    This worked for you or you just putting it out there that it could help?

Anyways I swapped to slow to see if it will help, will let y’all know if it does
  • Options
    BigHurt513BigHurt513 Posts: 4
    DJ_Sergy said:

Anyways I swapped to slow to see if it will help, will let y’all know if it does
    I did help quite a bit. the unwanted movement has reduce alot.
  • Options

DJ_Sergy said:

I did help quite a bit. the unwanted movement has reduce alot.
    Agreed. Checking in to say it worked for me. Great catch. Thank you
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @Kabam Porthos just pointing out that this was one of the original threads that I started on the current bug issue. “I just followed up your response to @Kabam Miike status of the game response”. Your community did try and communicate with you. But we were ignored on the input, Controls Dex ect. You correctly closed the other ones and condensed it into one. I understand how difficult these things can be. I do understand your side. But this is the problem from the players bases point of view. I was ignored by the support team on 5/6 separate emails and occasions and in forums I had numerous similar threads and posts. I did go to far with negative comments and got a ban from forums, prob deservedly so. But what else was I suppose to do? Almost no dialogue. This was January the moment the new Iphone 12 pro came out the writing was on the wall. We love this game and care. Its when we get ignored that silly things occur. If threads like this and similar ones would have been taken seriously we would not be were we are now. @RichTheMan
  • Options
    @Ilacskils_sucksafat1 we started telling them about this before Jan. it was coming then already. we were ignored and look where it has lead to. Its not just a couple of months!