**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

For real, Hulkbuster is a top 5 tech champion in the game

Comments

• Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    Hulkbuster is a very solid champion, who is much less disappointing than apocalypse who is a dud @KDSuperFlash10 ;)
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Ghost (is ghost)
    Warlock (so much utility)
    Sentinel (so much utility)
    G2099 (these two could honestly flip flop)
    Starky (big damage, also has shock, can power control as well)
    Hulkbuster (he doesn’t have heavy reach and certain things are just annoying)

so HB is bad because you cant be bother learning him? lol
    No, it’s the fact he requires heavy chaining with a heavy that whiffs occasionally, and doesn’t have any reach.
    And his dash back is too long. God knows why.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Ghost (is ghost)

No, it’s the fact he requires heavy chaining with a heavy that whiffs occasionally, and doesn’t have any reach.
    Darkhawk has a really long dash back for some reason too. Just long enough that if you wanted to punish dominoes medium you can’t.

Kill_Grey said:

Ghost (is ghost)

Darkhawk has a really long dash back for some reason too. Just long enough that if you wanted to punish dominoes medium you can’t.
    Oof.

But it's reasonable since you can actually use him to reliably medium intercept from a blocked hit. Till today, he's still the only champ that I've found can do that.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Ghost (is ghost)

Oof.

But it's reasonable since you can actually use him to reliably medium intercept from a blocked hit. Till today, he's still the only champ that I've found can do that.
    As in you hit their block with a medium, dash back and dash back in?
  • Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    I think he/ she means backdraft intercept with a medium attack which is more risky then a light attack.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

Ghost (is ghost)

at least it’s not Morningstar’s dash back. That thing is pitifully small

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Ghost (is ghost)

Oof.

As in you hit their block with a medium, dash back and dash back in?
    If you've been playing the game for a long time, you'll remember a time when you could intercept from a blocking opponent with your medium or light attack. After a certain update, it all changed, and Kabam never said a word about it.

Darkhawk I find is the only champ who can still utilise that playstyle.
    Rouger4 said:

I think he/ she means backdraft intercept with a medium attack which is more risky then a light attack.

Yes, pretty much this.
  • MrCabbageMrCabbage Posts: 39
    YOU GUYS ARE ALL WRONG. WAR MACHINE IS OBVIOUSLY THE BEST TECHNOLOGY CHAMPION. HE CAN DO BIG BIG BLEEDS ON HIS SPECIAL ATTACK ONE AND HE HAS AWESOME HITTING AND PUNCHING MOVIES. GRRRRR HE GOES AS HE WHACKS THE BAD GUY INTO OBLIVION.

SINCERELY MR CABBAGE
  • NigelthornberryNigelthornberry Posts: 458 ★★★

Heavy chainng with no heavy attack range, combined with requiring the AI to block when you actually want it too means I’ll likely never consider bringing hulk buster to endgame content.

Cool ability set, not practical at all for me personally.

Similar opinion here, I used to love him when I first tried him out after the buff but then I used him against fights other than rol ws and the less passive AI nuked me before I could ever get to do a heavy
  • LiquidkoldLiquidkold Posts: 190 ★★
    I would agree that HB might be the #4 best tech champ. He is also a lot of fun to play. I like making them block and throw my special, It is a little different from almost all other champs. Great champ rework.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    1 Ghost
    2 Warlock/Guillotine 2099
    3 Guardian
    4 Hulk buster
    5 sentinel
  • Shock29Shock29 Posts: 536 ★★★
    Monke said:

1. Ghost - Why: If you don't know at this point, please bro, watch a video
    2. Warlock - Why: Insane utility, power control, and also those armor breaks on that SP2 are insanely potent.
    3. G2099 - Why: She's insane with the utility, my only actual problem is just that she has a ramp-up which I dislike, so I'll put her behind Warlock

This is the hard part
    HB, Sentinel, Guardian, or Starky

Hulkbuster is just so good, he just wrecks and chain to just place so many debuffs, gain buffs, and be fully poison/bleed immune with the sasquatch synergy at low health just seems really good, and the fact he gains attack while regenerating also makes him one of my favorites

This is a personal preference, but I'm gonna choose him as a #4
    Sentinel imo is #5
    Many people are gonna get mad at this as I know many people love Sentinel who I think is the tallest champ in the game
    His ramp up is hitting into the block, or having the opponent do the same moves multiple times. A lot of times I struggle with this, and I just can't get the best output. But once I get a 5*/6*, my head could turn the other way, but for now, he will be my #5

Guardian is #6, he just has utility, and a harder ramp up
    Starky is just a bit out of the meta for endgame content, but still can put in work occasionally. If he has some more utility, like something with his poise charges made him stop evasion or something, then I would rank him higher, but for now he's #7

Thank you all for listening, I just wanted to say this is just an opinion. The reason I wrote in the title, "For real", is because I make many meme comments saying Hulkbuster is better than Ghost and Doom.

What do you all think? :)

Stark Spidy can prevent evade. His Ensnare Debuff reduces ability accuracy and prevents passive evade effects. It’s not the poise charges but it is pretty long - 18 seconds
    Other than that I don’t have anything against your argument.

• No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★

FRITO_Man said:

Ghost (is ghost)

Its just his heavy is so essential to his kit and for me whiffs a lot. Might be due to device but again his heavy on my phone never seems to connect
    again, thats about skill level, im able to get heavy counters with him quite reliably, just takes some learning
    I'm curious, what skill move are you supposed to make when two heavies connect fine but the second heavy pushes you back so far that you know it won't connect? Do you light tap to get closer? Wait for them to charge you so you can heavy intercept or do you just give up the idea of heavies at that point?
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    Everything OP has stated as reasons for the ordering is reasonable for their personal list except:
    Monke said:

He is neither a Utility champion (implication being paltry damage), nor a hard ramp up champion.

For the utility part: People usually focus on what his Signature brings (ability to counter Magik, Iceman, etc.), but I think his base utilities are highly underrated.

Well timed blocks against specials not only gives you power, but it also is a Perfect block (no damage). So essentially, you can take no damage from a special. This also works against unblockable specials.

He doesn't crit - perfect for Terminal Velocity, Mister Sinister, or other things that will punish the crit. Highly useful.

His crit's instead do shock damage - This bypasses some of the same damage prevention nodes like G2099 (caveat being that the energy damage doesn't scale upwards like G2099). It doesn't fully counter these nodes, but is definitely a nice perk. For example, on a Powershield node, as you are building up your charges, you can still do damage on your basic attacks on occasion (via the crit shocks) that chips away at the health.

He can parry non contact attacks - More of a quality of life utility, but it makes fighting Havok, Ebony Maw or other non-conact enemies (I have been noticing more recently, especially with Ebony Maw, that the AI seems try and avoid the reparry method by just doing one attack and dashing back instead of continuing the combo).

His sig adds on a lot more, but the best part is he doesn't have to sacrifice utility for damage (Except for when you are going to use your SP2, but the fight is over by then or you can counteract that by doubling up your armor buff).

For the ramp up part:
    In most path matchups, one SP1 and then one SP2 finishes many fights. That is the same 'ramp up' as any other champion.

In longer fights, sure you are banking a bunch of SP3's, until you are ready to unleash his SP2 to end the fight. But that is the same 'ramp up' as Red Magneto. They are definitely different (Magneto parry heavy; Guardian comboing), but it is not a hard ramp up.

In my opinion, a hard ramp up is when you have to play around with the timing, the enemy AI, or the fear of missing your window or losing your combo. Guardian has none of these problems, as you can mess up or the AI can behave erratically, and you won't miss a step.

Everything OP has stated as reasons for the ordering is reasonable for their personal list except:

Monke said:

He is neither a Utility champion (implication being paltry damage), nor a hard ramp up champion.

For the utility part: People usually focus on what his Signature brings (ability to counter Magik, Iceman, etc.), but I think his base utilities are highly underrated.

Well timed blocks against specials not only gives you power, but it also is a Perfect block (no damage). So essentially, you can take no damage from a special. This also works against unblockable specials.

He doesn't crit - perfect for Terminal Velocity, Mister Sinister, or other things that will punish the crit. Highly useful.

His crit's instead do shock damage - This bypasses some of the same damage prevention nodes like G2099 (caveat being that the energy damage doesn't scale upwards like G2099). It doesn't fully counter these nodes, but is definitely a nice perk. For example, on a Powershield node, as you are building up your charges, you can still do damage on your basic attacks on occasion (via the crit shocks) that chips away at the health.

He can parry non contact attacks - More of a quality of life utility, but it makes fighting Havok, Ebony Maw or other non-conact enemies (I have been noticing more recently, especially with Ebony Maw, that the AI seems try and avoid the reparry method by just doing one attack and dashing back instead of continuing the combo).

His sig adds on a lot more, but the best part is he doesn't have to sacrifice utility for damage (Except for when you are going to use your SP2, but the fight is over by then or you can counteract that by doubling up your armor buff).

For the ramp up part:
    In most path matchups, one SP1 and then one SP2 finishes many fights. That is the same 'ramp up' as any other champion.

In longer fights, sure you are banking a bunch of SP3's, until you are ready to unleash his SP2 to end the fight. But that is the same 'ramp up' as Red Magneto. They are definitely different (Magneto parry heavy; Guardian comboing), but it is not a hard ramp up.

In my opinion, a hard ramp up is when you have to play around with the timing, the enemy AI, or the fear of missing your window or losing your combo. Guardian has none of these problems, as you can mess up or the AI can behave erratically, and you won't miss a step.

Now I can really say that no one talk about guardian
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Honestly I agree monke. A lot of people say sentinel is top 5 but honestly I never liked him. Top 5 tech for me is Ghost,Warlock,Guillotine,Guardian,Hulkbuster
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Sentinel is overrated IMO
  • GlassbackGlassback Posts: 341 ★★★
    Monke said:

MaxGaming said:

1. Ghost
    2. Warlock
    3. G2099
    4. Darkhawk (max sig awakened)
    5. Starky

Darkhawk ain't even in there, mate
    Starky might be in there
    Starky is great but for some reason just don’t use him anymore.

With all these cav quests, it’s all warlock and HB for armour up and armour break.

Ghost also kicks ass but mine sits at r3 and everyone else gets the rank up ahead of her.

HB just so easy to play.

• YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Personally I think y'all are underrating Darkhawk, if I'm completely honest.

- Far better power control-who needs power drain and lock when you just suppress instead

- The longest heal block in the game, if a bit difficult to get to

- Null Mode tripling his attack at max sig on top of burst shock damage

- Much more easily accessible regen at high sigs (L2 makes it much easier to get to L3, and L3 lasts long enough to get to L2)

- One of the best 'damage control' options in the game. When you mess up and get smacked by something, you go into shield mode, which makes you take WAY less damage, and grants free regen if you were in his mode cycle

- Not neutered by nullification nodes/champions

- Medium attacks and L2 ignore all resistances, allowing you to bypass nodes like Resistor and champions like Thing

Not saying he's guaranteed better than Buster and Sentinel, but he certainly deserves consideration....
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    YoMoves said:

- Far better power control-who needs power drain and lock when you just suppress instead

- Much more easily accessible regen at high sigs (L2 makes it much easier to get to L3, and L3 lasts long enough to get to L2)

- One of the best 'damage control' options in the game. When you mess up and get smacked by something, you go into shield mode, which makes you take WAY less damage, and grants free regen if you were in his mode cycle

- Medium attacks and L2 ignore all resistances, allowing you to bypass nodes like Resistor and champions like Thing

Not saying he's guaranteed better than Buster and Sentinel, but he certainly deserves consideration....

Hmmm...interesting. I think why people don't consider him much is because he needs that investment of high sig and there are some much better characters around to invest in but he shouldn't be left out of people's rankings because of that.
  • Light7Light7 Posts: 203
    altavista said:

Monke said:

For the ramp up part:

YoMoves said:

Hmmm...interesting. I think why people don't consider him much is because he needs that investment of high sig and there are some much better characters around to invest in but he shouldn't be left out of people's rankings because of that.
    Of the tech champs, who other than Guardian needs high sig? Ghost is fine at 20 or unduped, Warlock is fine unduped, G2099 doesn't need her dupe at all...Starky's fine at 20, Sentinel's fine at 20...