**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why Hyperion is the cosmic domino

Comments

• avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★

Dont compare hyperion with domino. Ik she is good. But dont do that again...

domino is not remotely "good", she sucks

I don’t think she sucks, she is good for what she is; a high damage potential, RNG reliant, relatively ok utility champ. She is not awful, but she’s lost her place in the game when better champs overtook her in terms of reliable damage. I think she’s much better than average, but we’re not talking top tier in the current game
    yeah.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    I feel lik poeple forget how much of this game is based on rng, even abilities with 100% chance can usually fail due to reduced ability accuracy. Everyone is domino sometimes.
  • LeoZedLeoZed Posts: 653 ★★★
    Domino is amazing... just that people don't realize her importance... she has been my 3rd 5 star and has carried thru me content like none before... Hail Domino
  • LeoZedLeoZed Posts: 653 ★★★

Dude STFU... its your opinion then keep it to yourself... there are a lot of people with other opinions and domino is amazing
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    edited February 2021
    LeoZed said:

Dude STFU... its your opinion then keep it to yourself... there are a lot of people with other opinions and domino is amazing
    Dude, everyone has different opinion too you know
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    slacker said:

LeoZed said:

Dude, you just kill yourself
    Yeahhhh there’s no place for that here tbh
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    Monke said:

Grean said:

slacker said:

LeoZed said:

One shall not kill thyself unless tho art running suicide masteries
    and with ddhk
    Against voideth
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Grean said:

slacker said:

LeoZed said:

One shall not kill thyself unless tho art running suicide masteries
    I think i also just become ddhk with suicide mastery *facepalm*
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Why always Domino comes in between ? Lol just cuz she is RNG ? Many beyond god tiers are also RNG - Void, AA , Colossus and others.

Stop hating on Domino cuz it doesn't makes you look cool ..I remember there was a thread some months ago about how high Domino ranks , that proved every "cool looking" hater wrong and clearly community expressed their views so no need of bringing Domino thing again.

Let the champs be of their respective class and without comparison.
  • NigelthornberryNigelthornberry Posts: 458 ★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

Why always Domino comes in between ? Lol just cuz she is RNG ? Many beyond god tiers are also RNG - Void, AA , Colossus and others.

Stop hating on Domino cuz it doesn't makes you look cool ..I remember there was a thread some months ago about how high Domino ranks , that proved every "cool looking" hater wrong and clearly community expressed their views so no need of bringing Domino thing again.

Well the thing is with void you just have to wait longer so it doesn't become rng anymore, with AA you have 50% per heavy hit and an additional 50% per crit to get a bleed and the poison can get up to 100% chance of applying, Colossus isn't really rng since it's crit that you want which has nothing with his abilities, then some of the others such as let's say Emma frost who needs to get some crits to refresh her prowess at least she's backed up with some additional crit rating in telepath form to refresh them whilst domino has every single ability in her kit based on rng such as her bleed purification, her lucky and unlucky, her crit bleed, her perfect stun, and her aar isn't anything great since 15% is very little to be useful, the only ability that isn't rng is her bleed and stun refresh which is based off other factors that are rng reliant
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

Or... now hear me out here cause this is crazy... what if people hate on Domino because they think she's overrated and not to look cool. Unbelievable, I know, but it's possible.

And there is a huge difference between Domino and the other champs you mentioned. Colossus' utility isn't RNG reliant. Neither is Void's, you're guaranteed to get the utility you need even if you have to wait for a little bit. And really? AA? Don't try to act like it's hard to get any neuros with him, it's extremely easy to have at least 3 up at all times unless you're super unlucky.

With Domino, you're relying on a 50% chance to shrug bleeds, or on what's mostly a 15% AAR to shut down opponent's abilities. It's not nearly good enough to make her viable for any troublesome Endgame content.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    Etjama said:

Rohit_316 said:

Or... now hear me out here cause this is crazy... what if people hate on Domino because they think she's overrated and not to look cool. Unbelievable, I know, but it's possible.

And there is a huge difference between Domino and the other champs you mentioned. Colossus' utility isn't RNG reliant. Neither is Void's, you're guaranteed to get the utility you need even if you have to wait for a little bit. And really? AA? Don't try to act like it's hard to get any neuros with him, it's extremely easy to have at least 3 up at all times unless you're super unlucky.

With Domino, you're relying on a 50% chance to shrug bleeds, or on what's mostly a 15% AAR to shut down opponent's abilities. It's not nearly good enough to make her viable for any troublesome Endgame content.
    Youre literally ignoring her main use. Set the world on fire
    Voltolos said:

Etjama said:

Rohit_316 said:

Youre literally ignoring her main use. Set the world on fire
    Except there are so many champs now that have really good damage and utility. Setting the world on fire is great in Act 4 and early Act 5, maybe for UC EQ sure. I don't think anyone's denying that. But that does not make her a top champ like people try to make her out to be.
  • Darkrider05Darkrider05 Posts: 288 ★★★
    Etjama said:

Rohit_316 said:

While I agree with what you said that she is unreliable from the get go, she becomes more reliable as her combo meter goes up (more chance to get lucky, inturn more chance for all her other abilities).
    Another thing is all the hate she gets is not deserved. She is no longer a top 10 mutant for sure. At this point she is more of a overhated character than overrated imo.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Rohit_316 said:

I have never used domino even if her 5* is at r4 max sig. you aren’t alone, but the seriousness has been deflated by the joke threads. Now it’s hard to take anyone saying it serious, except for the comparison @DNA3000 wrote up yesterday.

Etjama said:

Except there are so many champs now that have really good damage and utility. Setting the world on fire is great in Act 4 and early Act 5, maybe for UC EQ sure. I don't think anyone's denying that. But that does not make her a top champ like people try to make her out to be.

u serious?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vajWZ-Na0lQ&t=1108s

Etjama said:

Rohit_316 said:

While I agree with what you said that she is unreliable from the get go, she becomes more reliable as her combo meter goes up (more chance to get lucky, inturn more chance for all her other abilities).
    Another thing is all the hate she gets is not deserved. She is no longer a top 10 mutant for sure. At this point she is more of a overhated character than overrated imo.
    Her damage gets better as her combo goes up, but it still does nothing for her utility.

And the only reason she gets as much hate as she does is because so many people think she's still a top 10 Mutant. But like you said, she's just not.
    Voltolos said:

Etjama said:

u serious?
    Dude, that's a stun vulnerability path. I could literally get through that path with Miles Morales. A champ can't be classified as "amazing" just because they can get through easy paths quickly. They need the utility to get through difficult content as well.
    Etjama said:

Voltolos said:

Etjama said:

u serious?
    Dude, that's a stun vulnerability path. I could literally get through that path with Miles Morales. A champ can't be classified as "amazing" just because they can get through easy paths quickly. They need the utility to get through difficult content as well.
    maybe try watching the rest of the video
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    Bruh he is not. Hyperion may be rng but fully maxed u hardy get shafted. Domino is legit all about luck hence her power is luck.