**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Either Nerf Quake or Never Release 6* Quake

124»

Comments

• Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Etjama said:

How many people can actually quake n shake consistently? The top allys maybe? We have 2 in our gold 1 ally that are quakers & they mess up with her enough to not bring her into war. Every war I probably see 2 or 3 quakes on offense. I see 4x as many AA's, Corvus's & HT's.

I've only left her off my AW team once this season because our opposing alliance deliberately Quake-proofed my part of the boss island. Because of that, the placement sucked and it was my easiest war of the season. I've used her almost every war for Brute force Thing, I've used her for Rage KMs, Mix Master Korgs, Rage and Mix Master Nicks, the list goes on. And I know for a fact I'm nowhere near the best Quake player. If everyone could use Quake even just semi-reliably, most wars would become a joke.
    And therein is the caveat.

Even SEMI-reliable Quake play requires more skill than the vast majority of MCoC can offer.

I consider myself a top of the line skilled player, who averages a death or less in Masters-level wars per season, and even I can't Quake to save my life despite more practice with her than the majority of the rest of the champion pool combined. There's just too much for me to grasp, and me trying to Quake without parrying is simply inviting my health to drop to 0 by the end of the second rotation. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

And if I'm struggling, I can only imagine how the majority of players below my skill level are faring.

Her skill ceiling is absurdly high...and that's part of what makes me hesitant to call her the 'best'. Ease of use is a factor as well, and Ghost trumps Quake in that regard by a fair amount. (Granted, I'm not a big fan of Ghost either. I personally am a big CGR fan for a somewhat-skill based champ, as he relies heavily on good parry timing for those monster L2s)
  • Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Etjama said:

Say what you will, but this proves to me that even Kabam knows how overpowered Quake is.

I don't see Kabam thinking that every AW boss needs an "Armor Break" node.

The counterargument being they had True Strike as a node for war bosses before Quake existed....
  • Options
    Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Etjama said:

Say what you will, but this proves to me that even Kabam knows how overpowered Quake is.

I don't see Kabam thinking that every AW boss needs an "Armor Break" node.

True Strike was on AW bosses before Quake was even relevant. Also no, because she would time out...
  • Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    i'd prefer they just remove her holding heavy for idefinite time! max 5 aftershocks!! and people wil start using her like every other champ is supposed to be used in fighting game..! fight,use heavy,specials,medium,light,strategise,have 'fun'
  • Options
    lozzadudelozzadude Posts: 164
    Quake has a very high skill cap & there are plenty of nodes & champs she is bad against. With high health pools it’s easy to make a mistake & how many players can use her with parrying or hitting the opponent? You can easily say that Domino with Red Hulk & Masacre is a cheat code or NF, etc.
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,380 ★★★★★
    Kalantak said:

i'd prefer they just remove her holding heavy for idefinite time! max 5 aftershocks!! and people wil start using her like every other champ is supposed to be used in fighting game..! fight,use heavy,specials,medium,light,strategise,have 'fun'

This will make ALOT of people loss interest in her
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Kalantak said:

But that's what makes her so good. It gives her decent damage, two amazing pieces of utility in never touching the opponent and 100% AAR. Without that, her damage would drop significantly,
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★

She's amazing, but she takes skill. If she eats a combo, it hurts pretty bad, especially if she gets a DoT debuff at the same time.

She also can't do paths like caltrops, and can be countered by champs like IMIW, iceman, apocalypse, killmonger and anyone with steady power gain or true strike.

A 6* in the right hands could tear up some content, but let's face it, not everyone is a quake pro. I'm pretty good with her, but still get tagged at times, especially against double medium champs like domino and stealth spidey.

If people say Ghost is better than Quake, and Ghost is available as a 6*, then there's no reason to not have a 6* Quake, based solely on that 'logic".

@KDSuperFlash10 take a 4* against a 6* killmonger duel 5 times, record all and post back your results. Yes, I know others can do it perfectly, but can you? I know I can't. Let's see if she's as broken as you really say.

Tomorrow I give you the ImIW challenge, and the next day the domino challenge. If you can do all of those perfectly, for all 5 fights, then your assessment stands true. If not though, well..

Thing is, Quake can do almost all you said she can't.

Caltrops- Quake and Bake, parry instead of dex

IMIW- can be reverse quaked, by dexing his first attack and evading the next

Killmonger- triggering his reverb and then quaking can stop it coming back

iceman- literally wait the 12 seconds

Domino- you can turn off her ability accuracy reduction and quake her normally
    @KDSuperFlash10 started this thread. My challenge was posed to him/her since it's their argument to prove.

And yes, there are ways to counter some of those nodes when using Quake, but those require additional skill on top of her already unique play style that aren't easy to pull off consistently. Some can, but she's not so easy that anyone can use her for her basic ability and then adjust to these scenarios for easy wins all the time too.

Try to Quake and bake caltrops against a kingpin, Moleman, BPCW or any stun immune champ or node. Can it be done, yes. Will it be easy for a lot of people, no. Quaking stubborn isn't always easy either. The point was she's not OP for everything so why even say she needs a nerf other than to be controversial?

Also, OP, at least be consistent if you're going to purposely open controversial threads like this. And back it up with your own gameplay. I'd love to see a full, uncut Quake run of YOU doing an entire 5.2 caltrops path with 4* Quake... and if she's that OP, pit the icing on too and take down Collector too. For someone who needs to be nerf, I imagine this should be child's play for you and won't require any revives or potions either! I can't wait to see it!!!

And, f you can, I'll gladly jump in your side and sing your praises, but just saying one thing and not actually being able to back it up... We'll.. why should we listen? You've already said she and Ghost are in the same tier a couple of times, but Ghost is a 6* and you don't seem to mind.

• Options
    AlurvianAlurvian Posts: 32
    IKON said:

While it would be perceived as a nerf, Quake should work like her description reads. She should only be able to evade during a heavy if a concussion debuff is placed on the opponent. There is nothing in her description to indicate she should be able to evade all basic attacks when charging a heavy and opponent does NOT have a concussion debuff.

Having said that, with the change in content direction, I almost never use Quake in questing. AQ/AW she remains a mainstay.

IKON said:

While it would be perceived as a nerf, Quake should work like her description reads. She should only be able to evade during a heavy if a concussion debuff is placed on the opponent. There is nothing in her description to indicate she should be able to evade all basic attacks when charging a heavy and opponent does NOT have a concussion debuff.

Having said that, with the change in content direction, I almost never use Quake in questing. AQ/AW she remains a mainstay.

Lol that's not true. She still can evade even without a concussion on