**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who Is The Best Unduped Skill Champ?

2»

Comments

• Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

Unawakened the best skill champ is Elsa bloodstone. First you have to understand what skill champs are designed for within the game and where they will shine and be the best or most practical counters. I have attached a quick graph of Kabams idea of where they fit.

Now, why is Elsa Bloodstone a great champ . First and foremost skill is designed to prevent evade and reduce ability accuracy. Elsa doesn’t reduce ability accuracy but she does stop evade.

They are designed to punish champs and get a great benefit from debuffs applied to them(typically
    The science class) Elsa does great with non damaging debuffs , but only specific encounters can afford her the ability to shrug off debuffs of all kind .

Most importantly skill champions get their damage from basic attacks and not necessarily specials.

Elsa handles :

Buffed up
    Diss track
    Long distance relationship
    Void fights
    Heal block Paths
    Hulk buster
    Aspect of war
    Aegis intercept
    Unblockable finale
    One eye open
    Mix master
    Buster debuff
    Cascading failure
    Evade match ups
    Despair healing reduction
    Bypass Physical resistances.

Say this coming from miles away.
    To start off—
    Buffed up is nice tbh
    So can most skill champs, including Ronin
    Willpower, anyone?
    Ronin dominates those, and so does unduped Nick, Moleman, and Monke
    Heal Block *debuff* paths right? My man Ronin can do those as well, and unless youre running suicides, thats beyond niche.
    Why would you bring Elsa vs HB when cosmics can do it way better? That said, HB is kinda annoying, so its nice for a skill champ.
    So can any skilled intercept. Elsa just has awesome openings(every 12 seconds 💀) btw, this is something j LOVE about her kit
    Again, not a utility if you can play the game well
    Another not so real utility. Plus, every 12 seconds.
    Same utility listed above
    She is good for evade matchups, ill give her that.
    Not a utility. Just... no.
    Thats nice, but niche. And 1/5 days a week.
    See above
    Ronin does this too. It isnt a utility, its a mastery.
    Errr this is kinda meh.

My opinion. Never gonna think, “OMG i wish i had Elsa.”

Moleman on the other hand, i can see myself saying that.
    Almost makes me wonder if “And before certain Elsa “fans” say Elsa” was targeted towards me.

Yes, ronin does have a great kit , and can shrug off debuffs which is nice.

On aegis intercept , it is a lot safer when you don’t have to try to get 2 in a row. In war , or other hard content the A.I is sometimes unpredictable. Killmonger can do this as well mole man.

Despair I would argue is a utility in itself , what happens when your opponent is bleed immune? No one is immune to the busted debuffs so she can block out every champ.

Yep, ronin can counter the heal block nodes as well as kingpin and Moleman.

You would bring Elsa Vs Hulkbuster , because sometimes it is difficult to bring in a cosmic that is designed to stop his shocks from happening. Elsa , gets bonus damage against him, and bypasses all of his armor buffs, she also shrugs off the shock due to his armor breaks.

Aspect of war yes you can be skilled but you remember that hulk on aspect of war in variant he was a nightmare for some.

Not saying ronin can’t do this, but ronin on some days just doesn’t feel as safe.
  • DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 849 ★★★★
    Stealthy
  • DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 849 ★★★★

Nick Fury. His is great unawakened and an absolute god when awakened.

Surprised by so many disagrees. Where do you think unawakened Fury ranks in Skill class?
    maybe...8?

Elsa is a book-perfect representation of the skill class. But so is Ronin isnt he? Debuff purify? Debuffs? Strong basic attacks? AAR but no evade counter?

Moleman is the same way, except he is actually gamechanging.

I agree , I love ronin. Would consider him to R3 , but just for fun. I’m not a huge fan of mole man, but I get the fan fave.

Ronin is an excellent champ so we don’t have any disagreements here. His awakened ability is probably less impactful than Elsa Bloodstone.

I just think for skill champs they counter certain things in the game and as you said Elsa is textbook to me.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    moleman.

although i do use my elsa more but
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

Unawakened the best skill champ is Elsa bloodstone. First you have to understand what skill champs are designed for within the game and where they will shine and be the best or most practical counters. I have attached a quick graph of Kabams idea of where they fit.

Now, why is Elsa Bloodstone a great champ . First and foremost skill is designed to prevent evade and reduce ability accuracy. Elsa doesn’t reduce ability accuracy but she does stop evade.

They are designed to punish champs and get a great benefit from debuffs applied to them(typically
    The science class) Elsa does great with non damaging debuffs , but only specific encounters can afford her the ability to shrug off debuffs of all kind .

Most importantly skill champions get their damage from basic attacks and not necessarily specials.

Elsa handles :

Buffed up
    Diss track
    Long distance relationship
    Void fights
    Heal block Paths
    Hulk buster
    Aspect of war
    Aegis intercept
    Unblockable finale
    One eye open
    Mix master
    Buster debuff
    Cascading failure
    Evade match ups
    Despair healing reduction
    Bypass Physical resistances.

Say this coming from miles away.
    To start off—
    Buffed up is nice tbh
    So can most skill champs, including Ronin
    Willpower, anyone?
    Ronin dominates those, and so does unduped Nick, Moleman, and Monke
    Heal Block *debuff* paths right? My man Ronin can do those as well, and unless youre running suicides, thats beyond niche.
    Why would you bring Elsa vs HB when cosmics can do it way better? That said, HB is kinda annoying, so its nice for a skill champ.
    So can any skilled intercept. Elsa just has awesome openings(every 12 seconds 💀) btw, this is something j LOVE about her kit
    Again, not a utility if you can play the game well
    Another not so real utility. Plus, every 12 seconds.
    Same utility listed above
    She is good for evade matchups, ill give her that.
    Not a utility. Just... no.
    Thats nice, but niche. And 1/5 days a week.
    See above
    Ronin does this too. It isnt a utility, its a mastery.
    Errr this is kinda meh.

My opinion. Never gonna think, “OMG i wish i had Elsa.”

Moleman on the other hand, i can see myself saying that.
    Almost makes me wonder if “And before certain Elsa “fans” say Elsa” was targeted towards me.

Yes, ronin does have a great kit , and can shrug off debuffs which is nice.

On aegis intercept , it is a lot safer when you don’t have to try to get 2 in a row. In war , or other hard content the A.I is sometimes unpredictable. Killmonger can do this as well mole man.

Despair I would argue is a utility in itself , what happens when your opponent is bleed immune? No one is immune to the busted debuffs so she can block out every champ.

Yep, ronin can counter the heal block nodes as well as kingpin and Moleman.

You would bring Elsa Vs Hulkbuster , because sometimes it is difficult to bring in a cosmic that is designed to stop his shocks from happening. Elsa , gets bonus damage against him, and bypasses all of his armor buffs, she also shrugs off the shock due to his armor breaks.

Aspect of war yes you can be skilled but you remember that hulk on aspect of war in variant he was a nightmare for some.

Not saying ronin can’t do this, but ronin on some days just doesn’t feel as safe.
    Targeted at you... Is actually somewhat accurate. Its not a negative thing, ive just seen the same argument 1000 times and it still doesnt convince me of anything.

Thats true, Elsa is safer. Ghost is great for it as well. But tbf, anyone can do it. Fair enough, but still i think anyone would use a healblocker or reverser over her in any situation. So maybe its just a nice bonus.

Thats true. Doesnt she need the sig for that though? Not totally familiar with her sig. still, i would 100% use CMM, CGR, Mags, Corvus, Hype, and some others over her. Also, arent her debuffs from mediums and stuff affected by his oaar?

Oh yeah, kinda a pain.

He is a risky champ to play, but his sig is in my opinion really good for a safety net with a guaranteed evade.
    Texas_11 said:

Elsa is a book-perfect representation of the skill class. But so is Ronin isnt he? Debuff purify? Debuffs? Strong basic attacks? AAR but no evade counter?

I agree , I love ronin. Would consider him to R3 , but just for fun. I’m not a huge fan of mole man, but I get the fan fave.

Ronin is an excellent champ so we don’t have any disagreements here. His awakened ability is probably less impactful than Elsa Bloodstone.

I just think for skill champs they counter certain things in the game and as you said Elsa is textbook to me.
    I have no clue what her sig is tbh, and Ronins isnt very useful.

I personally strongly dislike Elsas playstyle/playing her, but i see why people would. She has cool burst.

Moleman is a brilliant champ for AW and content in generally in my opinion.
  • Killmonger
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Molegod

Texas_11 said:

I personally strongly dislike Elsas playstyle/playing her, but i see why people would. She has cool burst.

What do you actually dislike? Too easy? Too RNg based? Too much thinking?
  • RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    Stop picking on each other's choices, you yourself make that decision, you don't make another person's decision.

I don't say she's the "best" (that doesn't even matter at all since you can't rank them without being subjective one way or another) but I personally really like Elsa for my own reasons.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    RaviDavi said:

Stop picking on each other's choices, you yourself make that decision, you don't make another person's decision.

I don't say she's the "best" (that doesn't even matter at all since you can't rank them without being subjective one way or another) but I personally really like Elsa for my own reasons.

And doesn't that kind of defeat the whole purpose of a "Best unduped Skill champ" thread?
    Etjama said:

RaviDavi said:

And doesn't that kind of defeat the whole purpose of a "Best unduped Skill champ" thread?
    No
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    So I don't think she's the best unduped, but I would throw this one out there: BWDO

I mean her utility is lacking compared to other skill champs, but her damage is better than some like Moleman or Elsa, and she's a good miss counter
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

RaviDavi said:

No
    But yes, it does. It's not a thread asking about your favorite unawakened Skill, but the best. Totally different things.
    Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

What do you actually dislike? Too easy? Too RNg based? Too much thinking?
    I just dont like playing her..? Same reason people dont like playing Ronin i guess? I dont really love her animations? And i just find playing her kinda boring?
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    Come on guys, we don't have to argue.

DDHK is better than Elsa by a lot though
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,065 ★★★★★
    Fury isn’t that bad unduped
  • RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    Etjama said:

RaviDavi said:

Meh I only said it because some people are taking it too seriously, almost resulting in silly verbal violence. Everyone chill out lol.
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

RaviDavi said:

No
    But yes, it does. It's not a thread asking about your favorite unawakened Skill, but the best. Totally different things.
    No. Shoving your opinion on other's throat is a big no.
  • GlassbackGlassback Posts: 341 ★★★
    Gonna put my boy killmonger in the mix. Always overlooked, easy true strike and indestructible. Plus Sp1 great for stun immune
  • I still put my boy blade up there. No regen but still got the rest of his kit
  • Alfa_PigeonAlfa_Pigeon Posts: 273 ★★
    Hawkeye...damage is so miniscule duped or unduped, it doesn't really make a difference.