Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Announcing: Grandmaster Goldblum's Challenge

Comments

• Options
    UsedupUsedup Posts: 6
    I'm so tired of this game creating content that helps the best players. Great, another quest that requires you to have a stacked team to get 100% rewards. The rich get richer just like kabam
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Usedup wrote: »
    I'm so tired of this game creating content that helps the best players. Great, another quest that requires you to have a stacked team to get 100% rewards. The rich get richer just like kabam

When I was a newer player I was unable to complete the Chloe quest (1st time it was issued). It was very frustrating. I beat the Ming quest with a 4* SW and a crit team and units. It was really hard for me at the time but both experiences made me better at the game. With the life steal node and the portals, this quest is pretty easy and can help mid level players advance. Honestly it's too easy. Your complaint is nonsense. What would you have them do? Offer no new content for players that have already cleared the existing content? There are lots of things in the game worth complaining about. This isn't one of them.
  • Options
    khehmist wrote: »
    Anyone else confused about how 2% and 2.5% degen can stack to steal 100% of your health in under 5 seconds?

Seems like something is wrong withThe boss fights in this challenge.

That's because the boss also has a bane node lol. You have to watch the timer and not get caught when it switches to you @khehmist
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    khehmist wrote: »
    Anyone else confused about how 2% and 2.5% degen can stack to steal 100% of your health in under 5 seconds?

Seems like something is wrong withThe boss fights in this challenge.

As mentioned above, it's the Bane node, and Bane's damage is based off of the health of the enemy (Loki), so is something like 1600-1800/tick at full health. It will be lessened as his health drops.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited October 2017
    I soloed loki. This challenge is super easy. If you dont have at least 4/40 champs add suicides on. I can do this quest with maxed 3 stars too. No complaints.

We need a quest 5 times harder than this without the nonsense life transfer and with a generic 5 star awakening gem as price.
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    phillgreen wrote: »
    Had a lot of trouble figuring out the degen on the final loki (get hit and you get dead, yeah I'm slow) but got it done, only ran through first set on the last group, I don't think I'm good enough to 100% it and blew resources on payphisto yesterday.

Weirdly, I was able to wreck final loki with 3* starlord where all my top champs failed, magik took care of everyone else, vision sorted out hulk.

I did better than the stark spidey challenge but still have work to do.

I had the same problem. Ran through my entire team with full or almost full health and could only knock off 20k of Loki's health. Short on units right now so not able to spend on revives and potions. I used 4* 5/50 Dormammu, Hulk & Colossus with 4/40 Vision AoU and CB. Usually I do well against tough opponents with Dormammu's power control but the unblock able special and degen just crushed me. Any tips?
  • Options
    FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    Usedup wrote: »

You are grossly mistaken. I am not even a “best player” and the rewards are pretty worthless to me. I beat it with 3 revives using a 4* HE and Thor as my top guys were in AW and AQ. There a a lot of better players than me and the only thing of value is the 5* shards (hardly any) and the 5* sig stones (not many). There is a big misconception that content like this and the boss rush are for top end players. It is really for the middle layer. Add in one other level in Goldblum with maxed out 6 stars that gives away t2a t5b 5*AG 5* crystals 6* shards and you have content that the top players would go for
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,097 ★★★
    All finished. Just wish my draws from rewards were better. Science gem. Really? Nothing good has hit since quake so now with me being in science overload it’s either classic spidey or rhino. Really wanted tech for my se spidey. Still kudos.
  • Options
    WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    My lineup consisted of 4*'s 5/50 AV, 3/30 Venom, 3/30 spidey classic, and 3*'s maxed symbiote spidey and AV. I went with a max hp synergy to try and take advantage of Bane. Also on top of it I used a 20% champion boost. Lucky for me the plan worked.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,824 ★★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    I soloed loki. This challenge is super easy. If you dont have at least 4/40 champs add suicides on. I can do this quest with maxed 3 stars too. No complaints.

If you know the champs I bring to this quest, you will be laughing till you fall off the chair. Well, I still can't take out Loki yet. Hats off to Summoner like you that play so well.
  • Options
    HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    I read the in-game message, it says that I get a Title for the first iteration of Boss Rush. I did the first fight, and quit the Quest. Does this mean that I lost my chance at the Title?

No. The Title is awarded for 100% the quest.
  • Options
    BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    winterthur wrote: »
    CapWW2 wrote: »

If you know the champs I bring to this quest, you will be laughing till you fall off the chair. Well, I still can't take out Loki yet. Hats off to Summoner like you that play so well.
    You need to attack Loki very quickly, avoid his SP1 and then immediatly run against him. If you have trouble with his SP1, try to bring Thor in the fight if you have it (or Ronan, or Gambit). Use 3 hits at the beginning of the fight, parry and repeat a second time. Then use the 5 combo, stun Loki with your SP1, another 5 hits combo and Loki will have 2 bars for his SP2 (which is easy to avoid). THis is the easiest way.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,824 ★★★★★
    Badrose wrote: »
    You need to attack Loki very quickly, avoid his SP1 and then immediatly run against him. If you have trouble with his SP1, try to bring Thor in the fight if you have it (or Ronan, or Gambit). Use 3 hits at the beginning of the fight, parry and repeat a second time. Then use the 5 combo, stun Loki with your SP1, another 5 hits combo and Loki will have 2 bars for his SP2 (which is easy to avoid). THis is the easiest way.

Many thanks. :) I can evade Loki's special 1, it's not a problem. I just did it and made a post in Strategy and Tips section.

I was using Elektra and my heart beat nearly went through the roof. Loki fell on Bane.
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,513 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Ming Na was the last good challenge. The content has been too easy after that. I kind of agree with Capww2 here. Make it harder and bring on the t2A shards and 5* gems. Because opening another 4* Groot is just not appealing but I can't ask for more rewards for an easy challenge like Goldblum.

It seems like Kabam is forced to deal with one of two arguments: (1) an increase in rewards means the content is too hard for lesser rosters to complete and therefore it is seen as unfair to those with lesser rosters, or (2) same old rewards but making the challenges easier for those with lesser rosters. Kabam has clearly decided to approach these requests to appease the latter. The reality is, the player base is likely made of more people who would complain about the harder content, so advanced content is not likely.

• Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    I thought the purpose of these challenges was to provide hard content for people with advanced rosters. What it has evolved into, is Master mode level content which can be cleared quite easily by advanced rosters.

Ming Na was the last good challenge. The content has been too easy after that. I kind of agree with Capww2 here. Make it harder and bring on the t2A shards and 5* gems. Because opening another 4* Groot is just not appealing but I can't ask for more rewards for an easy challenge like Goldblum.

Was Ming Na the one that very few people could complete due to the removal of perfect block until the very last weekend of the quest when an update unintentionally allowed perfect block to work again for about 36 hours during which time 90% of those who finished the quest beat it?

That was fun.
  • Options
    I am a solid player. I am better then most i think but i have 0 fire immune champs to fight mephisto
    Because kabam hasnt let me get any randomly i also dont have quake. I got to the end of tbe boss run with no revives but mephisto with his fire was far to aggresive. This is ****. My long time loyality to the game has been rewarded by quests tbat take certain champs that u must get randomly or through grinding away an entire weekend. Im just venting but it sucks
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,254 ★★★★★
    bat_villa wrote: »
    I am a solid player. I am better then most i think but i have 0 fire immune champs to fight mephisto
    Because kabam hasnt let me get any randomly i also dont have quake. I got to the end of tbe boss run with no revives but mephisto with his fire was far to aggresive. This is ****. My long time loyality to the game has been rewarded by quests tbat take certain champs that u must get randomly or through grinding away an entire weekend. Im just venting but it sucks

You had a 3* Iceman from the login calendar a few months back.

Mic drop.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,268 ★★★★★
    I don't understand the argument that these Challenges are too easy. They're not as simple as some make them to be. Easier for the more experienced, yes. However, they're not that simple. There's only so much challenge you can add to the Swipe/Tap/Hold Model. As much as I love the game, it's not the be-all-end-all of gaming. It's still a Mobile Game. Which means they have certain limits to work within. Now, we always want to be interested and push ourselves further. However, there comes a point where they can only make it so challenging while still being accessible to everyone. I think it provides a fair amount of challenge myself.
  • Options
    The Battlerealm, finds a way.

Do you and your Champions really think you can stand up to Grandmaster Goldblum’s Asgardian Army?! Prove your might in Grandmaster Goldblum’s Challenge, and take on 6 Champions chosen by the Grandmaster Goldblum himself, in celebration of the upcoming film, Thor: Ragnarok!

This bonus quest exists in addition to the Quests that are already on the go, as well as the Boss Rush challenge, and it has the regular caveat… It’s hard! Remember the Web-Slinger Challenge? It’s like that, but with a cosmic and mystic flair to it!

This isn’t gonna be easy, so let’s just get that straight right now! Not everybody is going to be able to complete it, but the Grandmaster rewards those Summoners brave enough to persevere against his greatest challenges!

This Challenge starts TODAY at 10 am PT, and runs until November 16th at 10 am PT!

Will this be harder than the Web-Slinger Challenge?

That depends on how you found the Web-Slinger Challenge. Overall we have not greatly changed the base difficulty, but the different Champions and buffs will create a new experience!

What’s the structure of this Challenge?

The Challenge will consist of only 1 Chapter, and contains only 4 quests. Each of these quests has 31 Fights! Each quest consists of 6 paths, connected with portals, with 5 fights on each of them. There are 7 Portals on the map, with the 1st portal exiting to the beginning of any path, except the final boss. The rest will exit to either the Boss, or the next path. This way, you can teleport to your latest checkpoint next time you play if you weren't able to fully complete a quest on your first attempt.

Who did the Grandmaster bring out to play?

The Grandmaster is bringing out Thor, Thor (Jane Foster), Angela, Hulk and Doctor Strange to battle your Champions, and Loki will be acting as the Boss of every Quest!

What kind of Buffs will we be up against?

In addition to the regular Health and Attack buffs that you commonly see around the Contest, you’ll also be running up against some newer buffs that were introduced in Act 5, such as Bane, Cornered, and Brute Force! But, we’ll also be bringing back a majority of the global buffs used in the Web-Slinger challenge, including Life Transfer! As a reminder, that buff means you degenerate 2% of your Max Health per second, but steal 125% of the damage you deal as health. Life Transfer will benefit Summoners who attack aggressively, and can pull you out of a tough spot if you play your cards right. That said, it can very well work to your disadvantage in critical situations, should you play in an overly defensive manner. It’s important to note that there will be an instance where you’ll run up against Life Transfer and Bane at once. Effective use of Life Transfer in this fight will definitely aid wise Summoners!

We chose to bring Life Transfer back for this Challenge because you Summoners let us know how much you enjoyed it in the previous Challenge, but note that this doesn’t mean that we’ll be using it in every Champion Challenge going forward.

Will there be 6-Star Champions in this Challenge?

Nope! No 6-Star Champions in sight in this Challenge! This will be running for an entire month, but the first 13 days will overlap with the Boss Rush challenge that is also on. If you’d like to see how you’d fare against 6-Star Champions, that’s where you wanna do it!

What are the Rewards?

Let’s take a look!

ACT & CHAPTER REWARDS

Since the content consists of 1 Chapter only, players will receive Chapter Completion and Act Completion rewards as well as Chapter Exploration and Act Exploration rewards at the same time.

Chapter Completion

4-Star Hero Crystal Shards x300
    5-Star hero Crystal Shards x100
    Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystals x10

Chapter Mastery

5-Star hero Crystal Shards x400
    Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal x1
    Tier 4 Basic Catalyst x1

Act Completion

4-Star Hero Crystal Shards x600
    5-Star Hero Crystal Shards x250
    Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystal x20
    Tier 4 Basic Catalyst x1
    Tier 1 Alpha Catalyst x1

Act Mastery

5-Star Signature Stone x20
    5-Star Crystal Shards x750
    4-Star Awakening Gem Crystal x1
    A Rare Title

Individual Quest Rewards

Quest 1 Completion
    Tier 3 Generic ISO x2
    Premium Hero Crystal Shards x225
    3-Star Hero Crystal Shards x30

Quest 1 Mastery
    Premium Hero Crystal Shards x275
    3-Star Hero Crystal Shards x70
    Units x30

Quest 2 Completion
    Tier 3 Generic ISO x4
    Premium Hero Crystal Shards x375
    3-Star Hero Crystal Shards x150

Quest 2 Mastery
    Premium Hero Crystal Shards x1125
    3-Star Hero Crystal Shards x350
    Units x35

Quest 3 Completion
    Tier 4 Generic Catalyst Fragments x1500
    4-Star Hero Crystal Shards x100

Quest 3 Mastery
    4-Star Hero Crystal Shards x400
    Tier 3 Class Catalyst Crystal x1
    Units x50

Quest 4 Completion
    4-Star Hero Crystal Shards x350
    Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystal x5
    5-Star Hero Crystal Shards x100

Quest 4 Mastery
    4-Star Hero Crystal Shards x850
    5-Star Hero Crystal Shards x300
    Units x70
    Tier 4 Basic Catalyst Fragments x6000

There are also chests along the way that grant 3-Star and 4-Star Hero Crystal shards! Some drop more than others, but it’s up to chance!

Is there a Legends Title involved?

Yes there is! We’ll be using the “Time Attack” legends title approach. Your time starts when you begin the Challenge and ends when you 100% Complete all the quests. The top 100 fastest players will earn a Legends title, Legends points and one Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal. If you’re one of the fastest 5, you’ll get an additional two crystals, for a total of three Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystals.Your time cannot be paused so be careful on when you begin and there’s only one entry per player. Summoners will have until the end of the event on November 16th at 10am PT to 100% complete all of the quests in order to qualify for the Legends Title.

What about those of us that don’t want to go for the Legends Title? Is there another Title for Mastering the Challenge?

Of course there is, but it’s really cool and we wanted to make sure that it got the attention that it deserved!

Summoners that master the entire challenge will receive the Rare Title of “The Goldblum”

There you have it Summoners! Prepare yourselves! Grandmaster Goldblum’s challenge is not for the faint of heart.

too laggy to complete...i was lucky to have 1 run with 65 hits before i got lag and the 2hit ko.d

doubt i get that lucky again and on every enemy lol
  • Options
    btw why force player to play path F every time plus the path you trying to clear?
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    When can we expect the legend titles to be announced?
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,245 ★★★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    When can we expect the legend titles to be announced?
    when the event has ends and Mabye 2 days after

• Options
    SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    The challenge wasn't terrible, but it was definitely geared towards certain types of champions. Bleed champions were especially at a disadvantage. I saw videos with 3*'s who had a much easier time than many 4*'s. That shows a great disparity between the abilities geared towards this challenge and between the different tiers of champions.

I wouldn't mind having to use certain champions, but the way this game is designed, rosters are mostly random. It stinks not to be able to get the rewards from these challenges because you haven't been lucky enough to open the right crystals.
  • Options
    I don't understand the argument that these Challenges are too easy. They're not as simple as some make them to be. Easier for the more experienced, yes. However, they're not that simple. There's only so much challenge you can add to the Swipe/Tap/Hold Model. As much as I love the game, it's not the be-all-end-all of gaming. It's still a Mobile Game. Which means they have certain limits to work within. Now, we always want to be interested and push ourselves further. However, there comes a point where they can only make it so challenging while still being accessible to everyone. I think it provides a fair amount of challenge myself.

Being accessible to everyone isn't the point. I completed this with zero items used. Didn't even use the portals, did it all in one run. I'm not special, lots of people could say the same. When Chloe came out the first time I couldn't do it and was frustrated. It made me want to get better. Beating the Ming quest was very satisfying albeit very difficult for me at the time. I enjoyed this quest but It's not really that much of a challenge at this point. I intend to 100% the Lab (I've done one run so far) but I don't need that much challenge on a regular basis lol. Something in between would be nice. Master quest is a joke now and these Chloe style quests just aren't hard enough. Maybe without the life steal it would have been.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,254 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Yeah let’s make it more of a challenge.

Like...
    - Remove life transfer
    - Add global bane
    - Add global debuff immune
    - Add global mesmerize

That’ll be exciting ya?

And the forums will be full of crybabies saying they can’t do the challenge.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,245 ★★★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    Yeah let’s make it more of a challenge.

Like...
    - Remove life transfer
    - Add global bane
    - Add global debuff immune
    - Add global mesmerize

That’ll be exciting ya?

And the forums will be full of crybabies saying they can’t do the challenge.
    . Thah so much trus.

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,268 ★★★★★

Being accessible to everyone isn't the point. I completed this with zero items used. Didn't even use the portals, did it all in one run. I'm not special, lots of people could say the same. When Chloe came out the first time I couldn't do it and was frustrated. It made me want to get better. Beating the Ming quest was very satisfying albeit very difficult for me at the time. I enjoyed this quest but It's not really that much of a challenge at this point. I intend to 100% the Lab (I've done one run so far) but I don't need that much challenge on a regular basis lol. Something in between would be nice. Master quest is a joke now and these Chloe style quests just aren't hard enough. Maybe without the life steal it would have been.

The point that I'm trying to make is that there comes a point where we have to accept the limitations of the game. There's always a push to be harder, better, more challenging. Then it's amped up, and less and less people have a chance at completing it. I'm not at all judging where people are at. They have the right to verbalize if they aren't challenged. However, it has to be accessible for a broader number than those who find the game easy in general. It's a mobile game, after all. On the topic of Master, I think it's time to add a new EQ Difficulty, rather than revamping Master. I think it has to be a stepping stone for those still challenged by it, rather than continuing to buff it. These Challenges aren't a cake walk. Especially when dealing with ongoing issues like many have been dealing with. I'm all for evolving the game, but the push for harder, better, stronger, sometimes gets out of hand. Then we have a percentage of the Player Base that's happy, albeit a small one, and a large number that feel slighted.