**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Odin’s Gauntlet Infographic

Special thanks to @Loki_Poki1280 for being able to provide quest info for Tiers 8 and 9!

Hope this helps people understand the quest a little better and plan their runs. Watch out for Odin with Buffed Up since you’ll get stuck if you’re unable to do any damage.

(This guide is specific for summoners who are Uncollected and above. If you aren’t UC, you didn’t receive the Uru at the beginning to start at T6)

Comments

• Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    This is so so so helpful. Thanks. Also how do you know what the tier 8 and 9 map looks like?
  • Options

This is so so so helpful. Thanks. Also how do you know what the tier 8 and 9 map looks like?

Some players received extra Uru (and maybe also feathers?) and have been able to access the quests sooner than most people. If you check you Loki’s post history, they’ve been putting up screenshots of T8 & T9
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,640 Guardian
    edited March 2021

Cat already mentioned, was by Loki in his threads.

But what would also be helpful is the complete Nodes snapshots of the buffs (for those unfamiliar with exactly what the node buff names actually are).
    Only ones I’ve seen completely so far are by @FadedDragon999 in his Tier-7 thread (with alternate mention to @TheBair123 too, but think Bair was missing a couple nodes in theirs ?)

(oh, and correction in re-reading Bair's thread, said Hela and Gulk were same as others, assumed meant same as others in 7. Seeing Cat's 6 column now, meant same in 7 as they were in 6. Still would be best if all are referenced together instead of having to think back to earlier Tiers).

TIER-7...
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/254476/tier-7-champions-nodes-rewards-and-boss-pics#latest
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 845 ★★★★
    Great job, will be invaluable in the next few days. Thanks for making this. :)

I’m probably going to bank some Uru in Tier 6 for a while before I make the run to Tier 9. Might be a false economy but I’m in the mood for an easier run/ more fun time with the side quest this month.
  • Options
    KoiBoy18KoiBoy18 Posts: 311 ★★★
    First off, this is great - thank you both for pulling it together!

Question: if I don't really care about the basic rewards for finishing each "room," is there any reason to run Tier 8 instead of Tier 7 to obtain 75 Uru needed to move to Tier 9?

Both tier 7 and 8 give 10 Uru per run but Tier 7 will be way more straightforward without Odin. So maybe 1 run of tier 8 and 6 runs of tier 7.

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious but hoping the community can shed some light
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,021 ★★★★★
    KoiBoy18 said:

First off, this is great - thank you both for pulling it together!

Question: if I don't really care about the basic rewards for finishing each "room," is there any reason to run Tier 8 instead of Tier 7 to obtain 75 Uru needed to move to Tier 9?

Both tier 7 and 8 give 10 Uru per run but Tier 7 will be way more straightforward without Odin. So maybe 1 run of tier 8 and 6 runs of tier 7.

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious but hoping the community can shed some light

If you don’t care about the t2a available from the tier 8 runs, then no. No reason you can’t run tier 7 for the uru. But you may want to take a couple extra swings at it to get the Odin practice because it’s only going to get harder from there and you won’t be able to slide back down again.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,772 ★★★★★

Also, is it just me, or does Odin seem to be an easier Boss? All you need is a Champ that rapidly applies DoT Debuffs and ensure that the rest of your team is alive. AA and a Team Revive seem to be the key, or am I misunderstanding something?

Odin also has Buffed Up. Passives not counted.
  • Options
    Reverend_RuckusReverend_Ruckus Posts: 407 ★★★
    I’m gonna have fun here with CGR
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    These are great @Cat_Murdock thanks!

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    FadedDragon999FadedDragon999 Posts: 104
    edited March 2021

Cat already mentioned, was by Loki in his threads.

But what would also be helpful is the complete Nodes snapshots of the buffs (for those unfamiliar with exactly what the node buff names actually are).
    Only ones I’ve seen completely so far are by @FadedDragon999 in his Tier-7 thread (with alternate mention to @TheBair123 too, but think Bair was missing a couple nodes in theirs ?)

(oh, and correction in re-reading Bair's thread, said Hela and Gulk were same as others, assumed meant same as others in 7. Seeing Cat's 6 column now, meant same in 7 as they were in 6. Still would be best if all are referenced together instead of having to think back to earlier Tiers).

TIER-7...
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/254476/tier-7-champions-nodes-rewards-and-boss-pics#latest
    Ello. I will be doing one of Tier 8 today once I get my feather. 6 1/2 hours from now. Can't wait!
  • Options
    FadedDragon999FadedDragon999 Posts: 104

Also, is it just me, or does Odin seem to be an easier Boss? All you need is a Champ that rapidly applies DoT Debuffs and ensure that the rest of your team is alive. AA and a Team Revive seem to be the key, or am I misunderstanding something?

Good point. Maybe Angela or Venom?
    Howard the 🦆.
    Would Prof X work with the Heimdall Synergies?
  • Options

Good point. Maybe Angela or Venom?
    Howard the 🦆.
    Would Prof X work with the Heimdall Synergies?
    Prof X can build up prowess buffs so he wouldn't necessarily need them
  • Options
    QQBillQQBill Posts: 13
    I tried Nick Fury on the Odin in Tier 8, and he seemed to work pretty well. The Power Draw node gave him plenty of buffs to get past the requirement for Buffed Up.
  • Options
    Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    Used Doom, his Sp2 and class advantage made Odin fairly easy
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    RedMag/Hype/Doom/Colossus/SS......many options.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Just in case FYI:

• Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    Reference said:

Just in case FYI:

Thx u soooo much. Helped me to decide who to bring.
    Brought Angela, Venom, Hyperion, G99, Dr. Doom.

In the end, only used g99 and dr. Doom
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★

QQBill said:

I tried Nick Fury on the Odin in Tier 8, and he seemed to work pretty well. The Power Draw node gave him plenty of buffs to get past the requirement for Buffed Up.

Does Buffed Up work on passive Buffs? Or are the Buffs from Power Draw not passive?
    Does not work on passive buffs.
    Power draw buffs are not passive.
    I used Nick Fury as well, one heavy and you're right to go.
  • Options
    Zenn_LaZenn_La Posts: 84
    Venom absolutely destroys Buffed up Odin and can Om Nom his buffs. Played it today for the first time and ended the fight at 100% health. Brought Hyperion and Medusa as back up and didn’t need them. Korg although not too hard due to low PI was way more annoying.
  • Options
    ValmarxValmarx Posts: 521 ★★★
    Cull Obsidian was found useful and quickie too with that SP1 buff ramp up.
    Cosmic Ghost Rider but its a bit tricky here with a few open windows to shot
    always can make synergy of Heimdall + Hela for that passive Fury to add to champions
    that get 2 buffs only
  • Options
    CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    U can use AA. For every damaging debuff you get a Power gain buff.
    3 bleed = 3 powergain = damage dealing.
    Its fairly easy that way