**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Is Hela the best damage dealer in the game with the new synergy?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,442 ★★★★★
edited March 2021 in Strategy and Tips
https://youtu.be/gUudv-fuJHk
She's casually hitting 130K MEDIUMS NO CRIT. She might actually be the highest damage dealer in the game. Better than G99. Better than everyone. Is there anyone (besides Groot) who stands in her way?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,783 ★★★★★
    No utility makes her only slightly more valuable than Sentry tbh.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Damage is the best utility in a lot of situations. Her only particularly bad matchup (with sig and Heimdall ideally) is safeguard. She can counter thorns simply because she can out damage mostly everything before her sig ability expires, she can out damage pretty much all healing, and she has armor break which is... ok. She can counter havok cuz she can tank through plasma detonate and kill him before another one happens. She can counter sinister because she deals insane damage even on non-crits. She doesn't have any power control, but she can tank specials with the sig ability. Situations like all or nothing are a joke, since she can just kill you before they get to an sp3.

What i'm trying to say is that utility is vital... unless you can out damage everything, which hela can. You can make the argument that she's a lot like sunspot, all damage, and no utility. Sunspot is by no means a bad character, many people putting him at the high-mid-tier or even seatin putting him in BGT. But the difference between sunspot and hela is that where sunspot can only gain big damage is on his sp2, hela gets huge damage on every hit for the entirety of the fight. Hela is the new top damage champ. Does having little utility matter in this situation? No. It doesn't. 200k Mediums. Case closed.

Lol, nice one buddy. Go ahead and use Hela in War and Act 6 exploration, even Variants ffs and come back to me. We'll see what you think about damage being the solution to everything after that.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    That was awesome. Pure beauty.
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,902 ★★★★★
    @Agent_X_zzz you, me, featured Odin grind to finally use one of our T5CC’s?
  • Options
    Alt_Zeta22Alt_Zeta22 Posts: 24
    Also by safeguard i also meant rage since it is, in my mind, a fancier version of safeguard
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

Hmmm let's wait to see what's in it, and then I'm down.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021

I'm not saying hela is the best champion in the game. She is, on the other hand, the hardest hitting champ in the game. There are a lot of things you can do with damage. People forget that a lot. She's one of the better cosmics but she's not CGR level or corvus level. Not saying she's a top tier champ, just saying she's top tier for damage.

Sure, she is top tier for damage, but what you said before was wrong, saying she only has 1 bad matchup when she has several.i failed to mention fisticuffs before which also hinders her.
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,902 ★★★★★

Hmmm let's wait to see what's in it, and then I'm down.
    Yeah I’m not sold yet. If she got unstoppable on her heavy, that would be enough to sell me on this

A full team seems kind of much.
  • Options
    AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★
    Even the forum is getting clickbaity now.
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    CGR COME OUTSIDE

But fr tho this synergy makes Hela the best damage dealer in the entire game, she can access broken OP numbers after like 30 seconds in the fight. People will say she needs utility and all but if you're just heavy spamming and launch a 230k medium attack you ignore a lot of things. She obviously could use utility without the synergy, as she is incredibly barren in that department, but this synergy does make her really, really good. A similar champion Renaissance to Cable with the Apocalypse synergy.
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,882 Guardian

CGR COME OUTSIDE

But fr tho this synergy makes Hela the best damage dealer in the entire game, she can access broken OP numbers after like 30 seconds in the fight. People will say she needs utility and all but if you're just heavy spamming and launch a 230k medium attack you ignore a lot of things. She obviously could use utility without the synergy, as she is incredibly barren in that department, but this synergy does make her really, really good. A similar champion Renaissance to Cable with the Apocalypse synergy.

I think she's gonna be another option for the abyss mainly. Also incursions.
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    She'll be a godsend for people exploring act 5 with a 5* Odin.
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Mcdonalds said:

CG COME OUTSIDE

This truly is Op
    Bet you're still gonna have people saying "ok she hits 230k mediums bUt CaN sHe TaCkLe do you bleed?"