**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Weird sig scaling

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
Look at the enclosed 2 pictures:

One is 5/50 4*, other is 4/55 5*. As you can see, 4* has more potent sig, even tho he is one rank lower and 20 sigs behind the 5*. Same case is CapIW for example.

I am not protesting, I just don't know why is it this way? 4* sigs are much more available, so why does 5* sig level scale worse, when the stones are less available. Could please anyone explain this to me?

Also before anyone says it, I am fully aware that 5* sigs are easily accessible nowadays and it is no problem to get them and pump them into champions.

Comments

• Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

One is 5/50 4*, other is 4/55 5*. As you can see, 4* has more potent sig, even tho he is one rank lower and 20 sigs behind the 5*. Same case is CapIW for example.

I am not protesting, I just don't know why is it this way? 4* sigs are much more available, so why does 5* sig level scale worse, when the stones are less available. Could please anyone explain this to me?

Also before anyone says it, I am fully aware that 5* sigs are easily accessible nowadays and it is no problem to get them and pump them into champions.

Kerneas said:

Kabam made it that way, #dealwithit :trollface:
  • Six_strings6Six_strings6 Posts: 223 ★★
    Kerneas said:

I don’t see anything wrong here. 4 stars have a max sig of 99. 5 stars have a max sig of 200. Of course they won’t have the same damage since one doesn’t have a maxed out sig ability
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Yknow max sig for a 4* is 99 right?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Kerneas said:

The sig scales worse *because* sig stones are less available. Or rather, both things are true for the same root reason.

The whole point was for 5* champs to be more valuable, but harder to rank and sig up. The smallest unit of sig stone for 4* champs is one sig stone. They did not want to make half a sig stone, so they increased the number of sig stones required to max the champ from 99 to 200. On top of that, 5* sig stones are harder to get, because everything about 5* champs is supposed to be harder to get.
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★

4* Magik's signature ability is better than a 5* Magik'
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    If you want to complain about weird sig scaling from 4* to 5*, take a look at Yondu
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 964 ★★★
    The closest equivalent would be a 4* 5/50 sig 99...

...vs a 5* 3/45 sig 200.

Drake2078 said:

Actually, no it isn't. Look again.

• TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Drake2078 said:

Read the entire ability, not just the green numbers my friend
    100% beats 99.96%
    Yeah I suck
    Drake2078 said:

Yeah I suck

It happens to all of us at times.
    Mcdonalds said:

DNA3000 said:

Drake2078 said:

Yeah I suck

It happens to all of us at times.
    Why isn’t this 10000 words
    Where is the real DNA, tax?

Search up tax in Italian

Half my alliance is Italian and computer translations are only slightly better than hand waving while shouting English slowly