**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Outdated things in the game

13»

Comments

• jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    I'd rather them fix glaring gameplay issues. What difference does a background make if you can't block, charge heavy, evade, etc. AW is almost unplayable and AQ is just barely better. I'm all for adding things but there's way too many things wrong that need to be addressed first.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    The Class Masteries!
    Besides Mystic, and Maybe Skill with all the New High Armor Champions we have, some of them are Completely Useless and some are Ok for Certain Circumstances but DEFINITELY aren't worth the Enormous amount of Class Cores it takes to unlock each Level...

You could keep the Core Cost if you want but Come On make it Worth It already...

(This part is just spitting idea)
    A suggestion though on what I would think is a good cost, first Consolidate the Potency of the Class Masteries from 5 Tiers to only 3 (Potency stays the Same but can be accessed with less Mastery Points), have Each Tier be unlocked everytime you get a certain number of that Class's Champions.
    With the soon Removal of Selling Champions this would be Feasible for everyone including New Playera, have All Stars Ratings count towards this Number, let's say 10 *Class* Champions to unlock Tier 1 - 35 *Class* Champions to unlock Tier 2 - 60 *Class* Champions to unlock Tier 3.
    I think this is a good Spread of the Tiers, so Early Players just making their first hurtle of Act 1-3 could gain access to them at a good time where they'll be able to use them to clear that next hurtle, Tier 2 would unlock around the time you're Deeper into the game and need some more Potency for your now Rapidly Expanding Roster and doing the Side EQs on the Regular, and Tier 3 would unlock just before you're hitting Late Game and have a Wide Expansive Roster that's hit sort of a plateau until you can become an Endgame Player.
    Everyone would eventually hit the Tier Tier Requirements, and if you're Really Lucky might hit them sooner if you get a bunch of Good Mystic Champions for example.

Obviously though this removes an Avenue of Profit for Kabam so it'd probably never happen.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    Agree with most of what is posted here. But gonna focus on masteries. I'm gonna preface with: I don't think they are ever going to be free. That really doesn't make any business sense for the company. But, hear me out before you smash the disagree. 🙂 I don't need them to be free. I just need then to be a lot cheaper and easier to use. As it stands, I only respec if it's absolutely necessary. Because of cost and how painful the process is. Here's my suggestion.

Do I think we should have presets? Yes.. switch from one preset to another for say.. 20 units? However, first and foremost, my suggestion to solve both the cost AND the painfully clunky respec process is to allow us to remove/add points from a single mastery. The reason why it's expensive now, is that we have to literally wipe and replace an entire tree just to adjust one mastery... which is also the same exact reason it's such an annoying process. And exactly why I virtually never respec (in an alliance that doesn't require respec for placement).

Think about it, that's where all the cost comes from. Let's say I want to simply remove 3 points from DW and add them to MD. I have to wipe out the entire attack tree. The expensive part is that I then have to reload all the masteries back into the attack tree. Even the ones I was happy with and didn't even want to touch. That's the ridiculous part. That I have to pay to reload masteries that I wanted to keep anyway.. only because I was forced to wipe them as part of the process. That's the part where it actually makes me feel resentful. And why it's a pass for me 99% of the time.

I don't want it to be free. I still want there to be thoughtfulness in how we select our builds. But just let us pay for the actual masteries we want to adjust. This solves both the painfully slow process and the cost. Maybe charge 10 units per mastery adjustment? Now, it costs 20 units to swap one mastery for another as opposed to 60 -80 as it does now.

Finally, here's where it benefits the company. I think they can accomplish a net gain in sales by volume over margin. Players who hated (and avoided) the old system will now come out of the woodwork to change their masteries. Just a conservative example...
    80 units x 0 = 0 units spent (the amount I and others currently spend on respec)
    20 units × 5 = 100 units, etc...
    Fix the system and players like myself will start gladly spending smaller amounts of units way more frequently.

• DiovedDioved Posts: 36

Dioved said:

Blocking Champions during AQ / AW
    It just gets in the way of playing. Even with a large pool of champions.

That's a low roster problem. I have enough champions for AQ, AW and questing and still have some left. So you'll get there if you keep ranking up.
    That's not a low roster problem. I have a very lot of champions. This is an outdated element that gets in the way at times.

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    Dioved said:

Dioved said:

That's a low roster problem. I have enough champions for AQ, AW and questing and still have some left. So you'll get there if you keep ranking up.
    That's not a low roster problem. I have a very lot of champions. This is an outdated element that gets in the way at times.

yes it is a low roster problem. Are you even Thronebreaker? Like these things are easily measurable.

Dioved said:

Dioved said:

yes it is a low roster problem. Are you even Thronebreaker? Like these things are easily measurable.

I have enough champions for AQ, AW and questing. But sometimes AQ and AW won't let me play what I want.
    If Kabam introduced the requirements for champions in new acts and quests, then the blocking is outdated.
    Dioved said:

Dioved said:

Dioved said:

I have enough champions for AQ, AW and questing. But sometimes AQ and AW won't let me play what I want.
    If Kabam introduced the requirements for champions in new acts and quests, then the blocking is outdated.
    Your prestige exposes your lack of rankups. Gotta rank up more champs and not be afraid to use them. You have plenty of opportunities with that roster now that I'm seeing your profile.
    Your prestige exposes your lack of rankups. Gotta rank up more champs and not be afraid to use them. You have plenty of opportunities with that roster now that I'm seeing your profile.

Bro, I have enough champions. I am constantly raising the rank and using many.
    But sometimes. When I need Warlock, or Quake, or Villain, or Hero, or Mutant, or ... on a quest. And the AW / AQ begins, it remains only to turn off the game.
  • LuciferiamdevilLuciferiamdevil Posts: 74
    One thing we really need is a help all button in arena it's very frustrating to tap help on every single character you play with, takes a whole lot more time which can be used somewhere else
    At this point I would say android bugs is priority number one. If you can't even log on to play that has got to be the biggest issue.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    3* pulls still in alliance feed lol