**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Killmonger Tune-up Ideas

I know Killmonger is not the most needing of a tune-up, but I think he is in a similar place to pre-buff Masacre so why not give him a boost. Plus with the addition of Jabari Panther and the upcoming Black Panther buffs, a tune-up would fit right in. These changes mainly address his outdated damage output while also giving him some new utility. Let me know what you think...

Killmonger:

Number Changes:
Chance on Critical Hits to apply a Bleed debuff 80% → 100%
Increase Bleed duration from 1.5 → 3 seconds
Increase Bleed potency by +50%

Ability Changes:
Critical Hits have an 100% chance to Purify 1 debuff on Killmonger, prioritizing damaging debuffs over non-damaging debuffs. Remove +1 debuff on Critical Hits for each Counterpunch and/or Indestructible charge active on Killmonger.
Intercepting the opponent’s dash now activates True Strike in his Base Abilities
Gain a Fury buff, increasing Killmonger’s Attack Rating by ⅓ of his current Attack Rating, for each Counterpunch and/or Indestructible Charge active on Killmonger. Fury buffs expire when it’s corresponding Counterpunch and/or Indestructible Charge expires.

Synergy Changes:
Enhanced Soldiers with Winter Soldier: Gain True Strike when Intercepting the opponent’s dash → Intercepted attacks are Guaranteed Critical Hits
Familiar Faces with Human Torch: Critical Hits have an 100% to cause Bleed → If the opponent is immune to Bleed, inflict a Rupture debuff instead.

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    These changes are pretty nice but like you said, he's not needing a tune-up and I don't think he'll get one this year atleast even by Kabam's standards.
  • Rikerson09Rikerson09 Posts: 66
    Also make those bleeds you get after 15 bleeds more accessible.
  • Rikerson09Rikerson09 Posts: 66
    Maybe instead of rupture, maybe an armor break debuff for his Synergy with Torch.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    You forgot the most important change. Make his none SP3 bleeds stackable. If he had that currently his damage would be much better.
  • Drew_D23Drew_D23 Posts: 102

Maybe instead of rupture, maybe an armor break debuff for his Synergy with Torch.

I like that better, thanks
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    Leave KM alone please... he is perfect the way he is!
    Saiyan said:

You forgot the most important change. Make his none SP3 bleeds stackable. If he had that currently his damage would be much better.

I was going back and forth about letting him stack the bleeds on the sp3 multiple times during the fight like Red Magneto, but I left it as is so its more in line with Spider-Ham's limitation on the powersting stack up on his sp3.
    Haji_Saab said:

KM is already a god.

Leave KM alone please... he is perfect the way he is!

Obviously I don't have any control of wether they change him or not, but even if I did, what is the downside to him being buffed?
  • FYI, there's a designated Thread for all these types of “rework” suggestions or improvements like the many ones you have made recently, so people interested can just pay attention to a single Thread.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/103185/champion-improvement-suggestions-edited-by-mod-for-clarity#latest

FYI, there's a designated Thread for all these types of “rework” suggestions or improvements like the many ones you have made recently, so people interested can just pay attention to a single Thread.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/103185/champion-improvement-suggestions-edited-by-mod-for-clarity#latest

Not many people look at that and I like having the discussion with people who agree or disagree with me, but thanks for letting me know.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I agree with the synergy changes and the associated ability changes (and the bleed buff), but I don’t really think he needs a purify at that frequency. He already has stun immune parries/TS from L1 and damage tanking from L2, two very handy abilites. How I see a lot of generic skill champs is Kabam gives them a shrug because there isn’t a ton to work with. KM and vibranium in general has plenty of ways to be cool, so I don’t think it makes sense for him to purify debuffs that frequently. (I wouldn’t be against tenacity charges when either counterpunch or indestructible would exceed max stacks)
  • SergioAsecasSergioAsecas Posts: 49
    Purifying debuffs isnt for KM, it’s agaisnt his own defense utility kit.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Excuse me but did you seriously just say that Killmonger is in a similar place to pre-buff Masacre? Killmonger is far better than buffed Masacre. Forget pre-buff.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Km doesn’t need a buff at all imo, but if he were to get one I’d definitely like to see the basic combo bleeds be a bit bigger
    Lvernon15 said:

Km doesn’t need a buff at all imo, but if he were to get one I’d definitely like to see the basic combo bleeds be a bit bigger

And stackable. That's all he needs. Though I wouldn't be opposed to just higher attack in general. As long as they don't mess with his abilities.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Lvernon15 said:

And stackable. That's all he needs. Though I wouldn't be opposed to just higher attack in general. As long as they don't mess with his abilities.
    Yeah, a hood situation where they increase damage and decrease utility worries me a bit if they did decide to buff him
    Lvernon15 said:

Etjama said:

Lvernon15 said:

Yeah, a hood situation where they increase damage and decrease utility worries me a bit if they did decide to buff him
    Yup, please just give us a Mole Man type buff if he gets one and make it nothing at all like Hood.
    Drew_D23 said:

Saiyan said:

I was going back and forth about letting him stack the bleeds on the sp3 multiple times during the fight like Red Magneto, but I left it as is so its more in line with Spider-Ham's limitation on the powersting stack up on his sp3.
    Maybe I phrased it wrong but I said his NONE sp3 bleeds meaning how basic bleeds from normal attacks. The fact that is only refreshes right now is silly since his damage isn't the best or close to.

I have him at R2 as a 6 star and use him all the time cuz that utility is amazing (specially with Void) so I can for sure say his damage needs alittle extra. Not to much tho.

Purifying debuffs isnt for KM, it’s agaisnt his own defense utility kit.

This is 100% wrong. He has a synergy with Void that does just that.

Back with the big boss rush being a thing and the Invisible Woman fight being a hard one I had 0 counters to her so I brought in Void and KM. KM got rid of the heal block and stayed at 100% all fight since the debuffs came in very fast.

Vs the Icarus node, above all other champs in the game, KM + Void is by far my favorite to use since he will regen a ton and be able to spam back to back to back sp2s and end fights in no time. I have champs like KP, Angela, Ghost who work amazing for the node but KM is TO ME, way more fun.

Theirs a path in Act 7 for skill champs that places poisons and i think incenerate on your champs but skill champs can dash back and remove debuffs. The fact that KM has one of the highest health pools in game, was enough for me to solo this lane WITHOUT Void, much less with him not having to worry much about dashing back as much.

So yeah, being able to purify is not only good for KM but it gives him a new set of utility since he still gains the power but also gains a massive 4% instant regen and for a champ with about 38k health. It matters.