**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Jabari Panther's cleanse an Apocalypse nerf?

So by what i can tell, 'cleanse' is working almost exactly like a 'shrug off' or a 'tenacity' but the only difference is cleanse appears to be able to get around Apocalypse's ability to prevent champions to purify debuffs. Since it works basically the same, the only reason I can see for this mechanic to exist with the name of cleanse instead of any other purifying mechanic already in the game, is to nerf Apocalypse by introducing 'cleanse' and giving it to more champs in the future.

Personally i think its lame because Apocalypse is my favorite champ since they put ghost in the game so im especially defensive of my boy cuz i love crushing content with him lol. Also with class disadvantage why does Jabari Panther get a mechanic that counters Apocalypse? Im hoping this is somehow a bug because there is still some instances where Apocalypse's utility hasn't been working like when it was bugged with Aarkus for a long time before it got fixed recently and how Iceman's ice armor is able to purify a parry from Apocalypse still as of yesterday. So yeah i hope this isn't meant to be a nerf but bringing in this new mechanic that works essentially the same as a shrug off or tenacity but just giving it a different name makes this a conspicuous in my opinion.

Thoughts anyone?

Comments

• TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    This is how it works. New, amazing champ with minimal to no counters is released. Everyone goes crazy to obtain new champ. Champs wrecks content. Kabam releases counters to said champ and makes nodes that counter them too. Circle of MCOC life.

Remember Blade when they released "Thanos Army" and "Mercenaries" instead of giving champs a villain label? Seen any new dimensional beings added to the game in 2 years?

Every champ will have hard counters through creative rewording of new champ abilities, but the original champ will still be the same as they were.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    LPH_337 said:

there is still some instances where Apocalypse's utility hasn't been working like ... how Iceman's ice armor is able to purify a parry from Apocalypse still as of yesterday.

Thoughts anyone?

So Iceman’s Ice Armor has always been able to shatter and counter a stun, but they’ve never described it as a purify or anything like that, and he’s been in the game a long time. It’s not a purify, just a mechanic of how the ice armor worked. It’s not a bug, nor is it really a purify that Apoc could deal with.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    I don't think it is a nerf to apoc. Kinda how they introduced the sig ability of HTD to counter Domino and Apoc. But, it would have made more sense to have that ability in a tech champ to maintain class advantage since Kabam seem to be really keen to maintain that. That said, it is not the first time a class disadvantaged character has a actual disadvantage against a superior class. Kingpin vs many science champs, Metal tech champs vs Magneto. It is odd that they chose this champ in the skill class to give this ability. What's so special about Jabari Panther?
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Not a nerf, but she could be seen as a counter.
  • NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★

It functions the same way as Tigra’s neutralize. Neutralize is not a nullifying but rather a way of preventing buffs, so that’s why she can bypass ability reduction for Nullify, or nullify immunity. So this means that cleanse will function the same way, it’s not shrugging them off like tenacity but just preventing them from being applied.

I think that this is actually a great introduction to a new ability for somebody especially because it seems to be passive. You have to realize that you could just use white mags for the pre-fight or you could just intercept her.
    Apocalypse is still easily able to take her down I took her down multiple times inside the cav EQ without an issue and even did it once with out White mags pre-fight.

Now as for for the term “nerf” that’s not what this is.

Op is wrong but neutralize has nothing to do with nullifies. Stagger is a more apt comparison since both are kind to immune to aar
    . I understand what you mean, it’s just a -100% for neutralize, but it’s just a quick example for the differences between nullify vs what Tigras neutralize is doing instead. I’m comparing her neutralize benefits to the benefits of the new cleanse mechanic.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021

We're slowly devolving as a player base.

Bro, new record.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    It's just a champion mechanic which counters another champions' mechanics. It happens all the time in this game.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    It's not nerf when there emerges 0.5% of champs he can't counter. Come on. 1/200 champs counters Apoc and all lf sudden it would be nerf? Nah...
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

We're slowly approaching the "Block is an attack nerf" kind of threads ...

But it is.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★

We're slowly devolving as a player base.

Bro, new record.
    New record for what?
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Champs need counters. Including Apoc.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,256 ★★★★★
    Raichu626 said:

When she fights Apocalypse the debuffs appear briefly and are still purified away. So they aren't prevented from applying, they should be prevented from being purified and they aren't.

I would think that while she has an active cleanse, an immune callout would pop-up, but it doesn't.

I'm leaning towards bug. Her cleanse shouldn't do anything to debuffs applied by/while fighting Apocalypse.

Apoc has 100% purify AAR. Just like stagger, cleanse is unaffected by AAR. Therefore,cleanse purifies Apoc's debuffs. It's literally that simple.
    Where'd you see that?
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★

Raichu626 said:

When she fights Apocalypse the debuffs appear briefly and are still purified away. So they aren't prevented from applying, they should be prevented from being purified and they aren't.

I would think that while she has an active cleanse, an immune callout would pop-up, but it doesn't.

I'm leaning towards bug. Her cleanse shouldn't do anything to debuffs applied by/while fighting Apocalypse.

Apoc has 100% purify AAR. Just like stagger, cleanse is unaffected by AAR. Therefore,cleanse purifies Apoc's debuffs. It's literally that simple.
    Where'd you see that?
    JB's spotlight thread, Zibiit's comment. I just put it in simpler terms
  • LPH_337LPH_337 Posts: 74
    I appreciate all the discussion on this guys. Obviously my choice of words for the title was hyperbole for sake of sparking the discussion. But i genuinely believe there is some inconsistencies with Apoc's abilities and how its interacting with the cleanse mechanic that i thought warranted discussion. Especially how in the fight the debuffs get applied on the status bar and then are removed in the vein of a purify or tenacity. But yeah it may not be as cut and dry as i initially posted. I think everyone is making good points. It would be interesting to get a developers point of view on the matter. @Kabam Zibiit