Options

Who should I take to r5

Litlmac315Litlmac315 Posts: 213
edited April 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I use warlock a lot bc of his immunities but quake is amazing too

Who should I take to r5 73 votes

Warlock
56%
TristanKamikaze_TurtleDragonMCOCManav_preet0808BuckyBruhDRTONewman0067AleorNapaHeroRookiieWine_LoverLuke9523psp742OGAvengerAstoundsSkillful_starNimorN0_UDfour24Omedenn 41 votes
Quake
43%
nameplasOnmixWarlord5386ReferenceJuggerNotRockypantherxDisgruntled_User_123EtjamaIron_Patriot_is_litThe_real_IndyKRANꓘThicco_ModeMasterpuffBen_15455BuffBeastAgent_X_zzzJragonMaster170HoitadoScrubhanking_ov_scrubs 32 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,090 ★★★★★
    Warlock
    Dont let anyone tell you otherwise. Quake is fine at r4. R1 even, every rank just makes the fight faster but really isn’t necessary. Warlock is gonna be insane for your progression, i bring him everywhere
  • Options
    ShrimpRShrimpR Posts: 245
    both
  • Options
    Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 756 ★★★
    Warlock
    If you can quake insanely well and she's the main champ you use then definitely her. Otherwise warlock is amazing and a great champ to have in general.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Quake
    QUack
  • Options
    Warlock
    SWORD78 said:

Only Noobs would pick Warlock over Quake

LOL, you suck at quake if you think shes need r5. This is a compliment that warlock is winning, because the benefit of him being r5 is more significant than quakes, because shes that good.
  • Options
    Warlock
    I think everyone here mistakes warlock for being better than quake. It simply isnt the case lol. Quake is much better and can shut down same near every node in the game, all you have to do is hold heavy and dash back, and never get touched. But warlock needs the extra health and damage to be useful toward progression, due to the parries to build up infections faster.
  • Options
    Warlock
    SWORD78 said:

Guess im a noob
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Quake

I think everyone here mistakes warlock for being better than quake. It simply isnt the case lol. Quake is much better and can shut down same near every node in the game, all you have to do is hold heavy and dash back, and never get touched. But warlock needs the extra health and damage to be useful toward progression, due to the parries to build up infections faster.

This is the same dumb argument that everyone used for AA and it did not age well. Warlock benefits more but he's also not going to be used as much for difficult content if OP can or will be able to Quake. He should rank whoever will get the most use.
  • Options
    Quake

SWORD78 said:

Guess im a noob
    Ah yes, 7.1 completion, the true accomplishment of an Endgame player. And I don't care if you've 100% explored all content in the game. Not R5ing Quake either means 1 of 3 things. You don't like her (that's totally fine), you can't play her, or you're not making smart decisions.
  • Options
    Warlock
    IKON said:

SWORD78 said:

LOL, you suck at quake if you think shes need r5. This is a compliment that warlock is winning, because the benefit of him being r5 is more significant than quakes, because shes that good.
    Technically by that logic, you could leave her at R1 since you'll never get hit, but then you'll also hate yourself for wasting your own time and wonder why you didn't just R5 her.
    R4 is good enough time wise. And honestly t5b is easy to get back so he can rank up both. But she really does not need the resources lol. Shes insane already for the fact so doesnt need to make contact with the opponent and can wear them down overtime. But my point is, warlock will benefit him more now, if he ranks him up, than it does if he ranks up quake, which is why in this case warlock is the better rank up. Not the better champion.
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★

IKON said:

SWORD78 said:

Technically by that logic, you could leave her at R1 since you'll never get hit, but then you'll also hate yourself for wasting your own time and wonder why you didn't just R5 her.
    R4 is good enough time wise. And honestly t5b is easy to get back so he can rank up both. But she really does not need the resources lol. Shes insane already for the fact so doesnt need to make contact with the opponent and can wear them down overtime. But my point is, warlock will benefit him more now, if he ranks him up, than it does if he ranks up quake, which is why in this case warlock is the better rank up. Not the better champion.
    You know what's even better time wise? R5.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Quake
    IKON said:

IKON said:

SWORD78 said:

I rarely/never agree with you, but you are on the nose on this.
  • Options
    Warlock
    IKON said:

IKON said:

SWORD78 said:

And that helps you progress more, how?
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Quake

IKON said:

IKON said:

SWORD78 said:

Warlock works fine at r4 too 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    edited April 2021

IKON said:

IKON said:

SWORD78 said:

Because there are very very few flawless quake players. Shorter fights = less time to make a mistake.
  • Options
    Warlock
    Etjama said:

SWORD78 said:

Guess im a noob
    Ah yes, 7.1 completion, the true accomplishment of an Endgame player. And I don't care if you've 100% explored all content in the game. Not R5ing Quake either means 1 of 3 things. You don't like her (that's totally fine), you can't play her, or you're not making smart decisions.
    I like her. But i dont need to waste resources on r5 because i know how to use her and shes just as efficient.
  • Options

IKON said:

IKON said:

SWORD78 said:

I rarely/never agree with you, but you are on the nose on this.
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.
  • Options
    Quake

Etjama said:

SWORD78 said:

Guess im a noob
    I like her. But i dont need to waste resources on r5 because i know how to use her and shes just as efficient.
    Ah, so option 3. Not making smart decisions. Just R5 her and you'll understand, and you'll stop giving the bad advice.
  • Options
    Warlock
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

SWORD78 said:

Guess im a noob
    Ah, so option 3. Not making smart decisions. Just R5 her and you'll understand, and you'll stop giving the bad advice.
    I will eventually. But i took up warlock over her and ive progressed just fine. Many scenarios where i found myself needing warlock, and i always use him in general questing. This summoner was in my same position, so i think warlock would be the better rank up. Quake is fine as is for the time being. Im not blindly giving advice without experience. Im putting myself in their shoes to see who would be more beneficial.
  • Options
    Warlock
    IKON said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

SWORD78 said:

Because there are very very few flawless quake players. Shorter fights = less time to make a mistake.
    Thats very true. And ive heard in war she would probably time out at a lower rank. I personally think warlock is the better rank up for sustainability purposes because you will want to build up infections through parries, and he is very versatile. Neither of these champs are bad options, but i think warlock is the king of act 6 (dont attack me for saying this). In my eyes, in endgame content it will be valuable to have a rank 5 quake. But if you’re still progressing, warlock is going to be a beast in all areas.I appreciate the feedback with the quake argument. I love both champions and use them both very often, i just think in this scenario warlock would help out more at r5.
  • Options
    MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Quake
    I have Warlock, I ranked him up prematurely and I regret it. I barely use him at all unless I need him to go in AQ because I need my usual 3 in normal questing.
    Also Quake is literally the best character in the game.
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Quake
    I guess I should leave all my champs at Rank 1 because why invest resources into them if I can just beat opponents at Rank 1. No matter the time length of the fight

lol Would you leave Doom at Rank 1? He works perfectly at Rank 1 so I guess no resources are required there
  • Options
    buffajrbuffajr Posts: 413 ★★
    If you have to ask then the answer is clearly Warlock. I’d imagine those who can Quake and bake wouldn’t ask the question.