**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I think it's about time Kabam addressed the 6* dupe issue

2»

Comments

• Options
    Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    Corkscrew said:

It's obviously not something they plan on doing anything about right now. More people getting higher sig 6*s has also coicincided with them slamming the brakes on 6* sig stones even for sale. That should tell you that they're gonna keep dragging this out and would rather slow people down in sigging up 6*s than do anything differently with pulling a max sig champ again.

That doesn't mean it shouldn't be open for discussion. No one expected r4 materials to show up now... yet here they are. That's mixed messaging in relation to "slamming on the brakes".
    exactly. nobody expected r4 materials to show up but now they are here so Kabam needs to buff the rewards for duping a 6*. I think it would be cool if u got like 250 shards of t5cc of the class of the champ you pulled
  • Options
    Diabolic said:

They at least can give us some extra iso it's not make any sense I take exact same amount of iso when i duped a 4 star

that's what i said. The iso needs to be buffed in 5 and 6 stars
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Corkscrew said:

It's obviously not something they plan on doing anything about right now. More people getting higher sig 6*s has also coicincided with them slamming the brakes on 6* sig stones even for sale. That should tell you that they're gonna keep dragging this out and would rather slow people down in sigging up 6*s than do anything differently with pulling a max sig champ again.

That doesn't mean it shouldn't be open for discussion. No one expected r4 materials to show up now... yet here they are. That's mixed messaging in relation to "slamming on the brakes".
    I said slamming on the brakes with sigs. Catalysts have nothing to do with sig level.
  • Options

I've been asking for this for over a year. I've not been opening basic 6*s in just under a year dreading duping one of my max sigs. Few guys I know have pulled the same max sig champ 3+ times.

10/20 6* sig crystals, or some 6* shards back would be perfect. Especially since I'm hoping, if 6* rank ups follow the timelines they're on now, we're at least 3 years off 7*s

or maybe 250 t5cc of that class of the champ you pull
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★

Kerneas said:

If you dupp a max sig, you don't flush down 10000, but 9450 :wink:

Seriously tho, you have got a point and while idt 7* shards should be introduced, some better rewards would be spot on.

How 9,450?
    10k spent, 275 recieved for dupp and 275 from max sig crystal
  • Options
    EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Kerneas said:

Seriously tho, you have got a point and while idt 7* shards should be introduced, some better rewards would be spot on.

How 9,450?
    🤦‍♂️
    Currently, duping 6 stars doesn’t give 6 star shards back. No max sig crystal either.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Kerneas said:

How 9,450?
    No 6* shards back or max sig crystal yet. That's why duping a 4 star has more value than a max sig 6 star.
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★

Corkscrew said:

I said slamming on the brakes with sigs. Catalysts have nothing to do with sig level.
    They are related. If you're talking about slamming on the brakes for sig stones because they don't want to deal with that situation... what do you think the natural progression is beyond r3->r4->r5 6* champs? Both of these are concerned with what is beyond 6* champs. If there are no 7* shards... does that mean that there will never be 7* champs? Will Kabam do a change up and add rank 6 to 6* champs?

I don't know what they plan on doing (and honestly would dread if it ever went to a 7* cycle), but rewarding players who invest so much into champs seems like a reasonable thing to do. Let's not forget that taking a champ to max sig is not just about signature ability but also about prestige, which is a situation that Kabam created for the purposes of scoring AQ.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

It is one of the reasons for introducing r4 materials. End of act 7 should be r5 champs and next act should introduce the 7 stars. Something I am not looking forward too BTW.

The traditional schedule would disagree. Usually finishing one act = one level up in progression.
    Act 4 100% = 5/4
    Act 5 = 5/5
    Act 6 = 6/3
    By this schedule, Act 7 100% should = 6/4
    We also never say cats offered for cash before content before r4 cats. So they may speed up the acquirement of materials for r5 6 star. Almost everyone was surprised by that move. So, it is possible that by end of act 7 we could have our first r5.
    It is possible, but the issue here is we don't know (and I don't think the devs have decided yet) what comes after we max out 6* champs. We could introduce 7* champs, but there were issues when 6* champs were introduced which they might not want to repeat. We could introduce a new advancement system built upon 6* champs, but that almost certainly will take a lot more time to develop than just a new rarity rung. Either way, this new thing almost certainly has to be completed *before* r5 arrives. If it is going to be 7* champs there will almost certainly be some overlap between 7* and 6*, just as there is with 6* 5* and 4* champs. It would not make sense to introduce 7* r1 champs after 6* r5 champs are available and already more powerful. If it is going to be 7* champs, I would expect them to make their debut between r4 and r5.

Conversely, if it is not going to be 7* champs but something else entirely, I would expect them to be signalling to us what that would be before r5, so players can be prepared for it. Otherwise, players will do very expensive r5 rank ups first, then when this new whatever thing is introduced people will immediately complain if their r5 rank ups were highly suboptimal in the context of the new thing.

So if it is 7* champs, I would expect them to come out before r5, which probably pushes r5 out a bit. If it is going to be 6*++ I would expect at least the devs to have enough work completed on it to know what that will be before r5, which probably pushes r5 out a bit. And to forestall this big decision, it is even possible the devs will attempt to do something in between to transition between them, although what that could be I couldn't say.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

It is one of the reasons for introducing r4 materials. End of act 7 should be r5 champs and next act should introduce the 7 stars. Something I am not looking forward too BTW.

The traditional schedule would disagree. Usually finishing one act = one level up in progression.
    Act 4 100% = 5/4
    Act 5 = 5/5
    Act 6 = 6/3
    By this schedule, Act 7 100% should = 6/4
    We also never say cats offered for cash before content before r4 cats. So they may speed up the acquirement of materials for r5 6 star. Almost everyone was surprised by that move. So, it is possible that by end of act 7 we could have our first r5.
    It is possible, but the issue here is we don't know (and I don't think the devs have decided yet) what comes after we max out 6* champs. We could introduce 7* champs, but there were issues when 6* champs were introduced which they might not want to repeat. We could introduce a new advancement system built upon 6* champs, but that almost certainly will take a lot more time to develop than just a new rarity rung. Either way, this new thing almost certainly has to be completed *before* r5 arrives. If it is going to be 7* champs there will almost certainly be some overlap between 7* and 6*, just as there is with 6* 5* and 4* champs. It would not make sense to introduce 7* r1 champs after 6* r5 champs are available and already more powerful. If it is going to be 7* champs, I would expect them to make their debut between r4 and r5.

Conversely, if it is not going to be 7* champs but something else entirely, I would expect them to be signalling to us what that would be before r5, so players can be prepared for it. Otherwise, players will do very expensive r5 rank ups first, then when this new whatever thing is introduced people will immediately complain if their r5 rank ups were highly suboptimal in the context of the new thing.

So if it is 7* champs, I would expect them to come out before r5, which probably pushes r5 out a bit. If it is going to be 6*++ I would expect at least the devs to have enough work completed on it to know what that will be before r5, which probably pushes r5 out a bit. And to forestall this big decision, it is even possible the devs will attempt to do something in between to transition between them, although what that could be I couldn't say.
    To be honest, I haven't ruled out the possibility of 7* Champs, and I could imagine the Devs haven't either. However, I don't see it happening in the near future. Within a year, might be more of a possibility.
  • Options
    BNOJamsBNOJams Posts: 103
    I actually think this is a cool opportunity for Kabam and they're blowing it.

Instead of crystals with shards, they could offer special crystals with novelty rewards that don't have tremendous use in the game but stuff ppl want anyway, e.g. rare profile pics, maybe another platinum pool-type set of items, etc etc

What a wasted opportunity, not to offer something cool or neat, it doesn't have to be something that would destroy game balance. Just something fun.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Corkscrew said:

Corkscrew said:

They are related. If you're talking about slamming on the brakes for sig stones because they don't want to deal with that situation... what do you think the natural progression is beyond r3->r4->r5 6* champs? Both of these are concerned with what is beyond 6* champs. If there are no 7* shards... does that mean that there will never be 7* champs? Will Kabam do a change up and add rank 6 to 6* champs?

I don't know what they plan on doing (and honestly would dread if it ever went to a 7* cycle), but rewarding players who invest so much into champs seems like a reasonable thing to do. Let's not forget that taking a champ to max sig is not just about signature ability but also about prestige, which is a situation that Kabam created for the purposes of scoring AQ.
    We were pretty deep into R4 5*s before 6* shards came into the game. I don't expect any real change on this front until that's the case with 6*s as well. Until then it seems like they'd just rather limit the number of max sig champs people actually have so duping a max sig champ doesn't become a regular occurrence.

• Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    I think there is a reasonable solution.

dupe a Max-sig a 6 star: get some 6 star stones. I'd say either 5 generic or 10 of the same class you just duped would be fairly reasonable (its still worse than getting 20 sigs on a non-max level).
  • Options
    FathersunFathersun Posts: 6
    OGAvenger said:

Pulyaman said:

Lol r3’s have been building up for what a year and a half? Two years? But we’re gonna get r5 6*’s and 7*’s within the next year?

You’ve lost your marbles bro
    OOOOF this aged poorly

This discussion has been closed.