**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do I awaken falcon or wait

Salve_maker05Salve_maker05 Posts: 407 ★★★
edited April 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I got a 5* skill AG which I could use on my 5* r4 falcon but I could get Ægon or NF so what do you think I should do?

Do I awaken falcon or wait 61 votes

Awaken falcon now
60%
RaganatorLightburn22AjisdopeTerraFurious_Fighter1MaxtheSilentplayinggameletIKONDenslo500jay_denQacobKill_GreyMobile_P0tat0Deaconmgj0630Sarvanga1_Ksp_2099Icy000Thoye3Plinko 37 votes
Wait for someone like NF or Ægon
39%
LuciusVorenusTristanLvernon15HilldarpseudosaneDenzel116Wine_Lover_Sham_MarvzeliusZ3ro_ôDavepool87Carracho01Param1988SpideyFunkoCharlie21540Bdot13TrashyPandaGr8TonyStarkAceOfDiamondTheBair123 24 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 995 ★★★★
    Awaken falcon now
    5* awakening gems are becoming far more common these days. Odds are, you could pull another gem before you pull Fury or Ægon.

I'd say wait if it was a debate over a 6* AG, but for a 5*, I'd personally say go for it.
  • TheCaptain412TheCaptain412 Posts: 337 ★★★
    Awaken falcon now
    It depends. How many 5* do you get in a week? Do you do Mutant/Skill duals or “gen pop” 5* crystals? Have you ever calculated your chances of getting NF or Aegon from either of those?

Thing is, you could play for the next year or two or more and never get either of them. Then that awakening gem, which is a resource, has done you zero good while it could be serving a purpose now.

Just my two cents.
  • Wait for someone like NF or Ægon
    Falcon doesnt reallly need the awakening like nf/aegon. He benefits from it, but he is still usable.
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    Awaken falcon now

It depends. How many 5* do you get in a week? Do you do Mutant/Skill duals or “gen pop” 5* crystals? Have you ever calculated your chances of getting NF or Aegon from either of those?

Thing is, you could play for the next year or two or more and never get either of them. Then that awakening gem, which is a resource, has done you zero good while it could be serving a purpose now.

Just my two cents.

I think this is spot on. They are more common now and you can get some decent value while you wait on the other champs. It’s always a risk though. You could do it the immediately dupe falcon or pull NF or Aegon. I saved mine and got lucky enough to pull NF within two months so it was worth it but I could still be sitting on it today. I’d also point out that if you have few sig stones (also more available nowadays) then waiting may be worth it. Also if you are close to your next crystal you can always wait until at least then or one more month etc. But falcon is great in the right match up if awakened and high enough sig
  • LORDSPOOKY66LORDSPOOKY66 Posts: 290 ★★
    Awaken falcon now
    Screw NF and Aegon i took my falcon to sig 69 he shreds. If your looking to do abyss soon save it
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Didn't mean to vote; I'm actually neutral on the issue.

Crit rate increase (roughly) of 5r5 against CR120:

± the additional 2 seconds of Lock On.
  • Wait for someone like NF or Ægon
    again, i reiterate, he doesnt need sig levels.
    I have experience. Two accounts, one r5 sig20, one r5 sig200. Both do good and similar damage. sig200 crits a bit more but not really needed to invest sig levels.
  • Bdot13Bdot13 Posts: 77
    Falcon benefits ALOT from high sig. If youre willing to invest sigs in him go for it. Else wait.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,999 ★★★★★

I have experience. Two accounts, one r5 sig20, one r5 sig200. Both do good and similar damage. sig200 crits a bit more but not really needed to invest sig levels.

What do you think of him unduped though?
  • pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,813 Guardian
    edited April 2021
    Wicket329 said:

What do you think of him unduped though?
    He is still good unduped. the sig gives him an extra 2 seconds at base (3.6 vs science). WHile it is a really good sig, and you get effectively less downtime per cycle, from using my 6* a bunch, while it is nice to have, unduped does not make him unusable. He is better duped, but still very useful unduped.