**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Which champs should I upgrade to form venom-led variant teams

IcePickIcePick Posts: 212
edited April 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I made a post a couple of days ago asking for what champs I should target in crystals, incursions etc to be able up to eventually do 6.2-6.4 and the abyss. A lot of people said I should focus on the variants to upgrade my roster and get better champs.

One poster thought if I took venom, guardian, stealth SM and Havok to rank 4 I could tackle variants 2-7.

I have 17 T2A at the moment. Was planning to take venom to rank 4 this week and could possibly also take him to rank 5 at the end of the month or take 3-4 other champs to rank 4.

If my goal is to first complete (to get
Lot sis rank 2-3 gems) and then explore as many variants as possible, who should I upgrade and who should be my variant teams? And which variants should I try to pass first?

Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Bare minimum Venom should be upgraded. Slays almost every variant.

They really differ, but I think Ghost should be able to do variant 3. And probably Ghost + Venom could at least complete v6.
  • silentagsilentag Posts: 429 ★★★
    With your ghost and hb, v3 should be great to start in.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    edited April 2021
    You’re set for v5. Double Claire, Longshot, Symsup, venom. Tigra and voodoo also good for bits.

Venom, apoc, omega, moleman, ghost should do v6

V7 you might struggle in the last chapter but you’re sorted otherwise. Look at the nodes it’s not hard to work out.

Probably wouldn’t bother with the others yet as you’d need to explore them to get near the rewards of a single pass of 5/6/7
  • EL145EL145 Posts: 46
    Damn that's one hell of a mutant roster
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    KT1, a youtuber, just made a youtube video precisely on this issue, as on which are the absolute best champs to tackle most variant content. Look it up for more details but ...

... if tou want the lowdown's, then basicslly Venom is the single most useful champ for variants because he exceles at 3 of them : The XL variant, the Spiderverse variant and the Villain variant.

Form your list, the ither one that is useful would be Hulkbuster, as he will excel on the XL Variant, the Tech variant, and the Hero variant.

My third choice would be definitely Moleman, as he will excel on the XL variant and the Villain variant.

I'd say rank up those three and get familiar with their mechanics.

About which Variant to do first, the obvious choice would be to start of with the Spiderverse variant ( Variant 5) and base your team on Venom, SymSupreme, BOTH your 5* and 6* BWCV ... and fifth spot could go to either Longshot, SpiderHam or Tigra (if you've mastered her playstyle, if not dont bother) . Voodoo is a good choice too for the fifth spot.

Depending on which gems u get on completion on your first Variant, use your resources to rank up further Venom, Hulkbuster or Moleman, in that order. If , for example u go with Hulkbuster, then do the Tech variant ( Variant 3) with HB, Ghost, Guardian, G2099 5th spot whomever tech. If you go the Moleman route, then do Villain variant (variant 6) with Venom, Ghost, Moleman, Apocalypse and 5th whomever other villain, perhpas Hood for Ghost Synergy or Omega.

Hope it helps.
  • IcePickIcePick Posts: 212
    Thank you ethereality and others. Your replies were extremely helpful at helping break this down. Variants have pretty nice rewards so I’ll start upgrading and hoarding units now.