**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kingpins Prestige - resolution desired

13»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Masterdux said:

Even if Kingpin had mediocre Prestige OP made a decision based on information that Kabam provided, information that was wrong and he misused (from OP POV) some of the rarest resources in game due to it.
    He choose to do this because he expected a certain level of prestige whit the camp, if the prestige is not what Kabam announced then Kabam is wrong.

Prestige has never been an intended focus for Ranking. It was an inner calculation that was used for AQ Rewards and difficulty, which was discovered by Players and made the main focus for the so-called Prestige Race. They only started displaying it in-game after enough people requested it. In fact, they're trying to move away from it altogether. It's never been a healthy focus of the game. Not to mention incredibly limiting. Imagine not being allowed to Rank who you like because it's not "approved" based on Prestige. Really takes the enjoyment out of the game. Was the information incorrect? Yes. Was that the fault of Kabam? Yes. Is it large enough to make an issue of it for days on end? No. Ultimately we spend our own Resources for our own reasons, and of all the things going on with his kit, Prestige is a poor reason alone.
  • LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    I said it before and I am saying it again. Kabam made a mistake. But they accepted it and corrected it. I agree with that
    The op waited for whole 2 months and then decided to get his sigs back! I disagree with that because that is nothing but a cheating practice! I gave an example of buying product from online, you use it for 2 months and then decide to get the refund!
    If the op had asked for the refund within a day or 2, I would be gladly behind him. This op has admitted that he searched online on 3rd party site to confirm the prestige about a month or 2 ago when he put sigs in KP ( I forgot the time he mentioned in his original post). He should have raised the request immediately for refund. Not now when months have passed.
  • LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    The op just PM me. We discussed it peacefully I am not going to post on it anymore. You guys continue. Just a request. Dont tag ne anymore else my notifications will start blowing up again. Good luck.
  • KobikobsKobikobs Posts: 139
    This is such an easy fix. They should just revert KPs prestige back to what was advertised.... instead of returning sig stones and gems, this would easily solve the issue. Idk why they had to lower it in the first place
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★

I'd like to try and understand this whole situation. For real. So they originally posted a prestige of 13660 and it's supposed to be 13504 is that correct?

It was posted in the spotlight as 13660 for 50 days after his buff.

His actual prestige is 13504 in game. They changed the spotlight after I questioned the discrepancy in my kingpins prestige, what auntm.AI says and what the spotlights says. They said “sorry for the confusion, we updated the spotlight” as their only communication on the matter.

Now 13660 was #3 skill prestige at the time of the buff so more than a few people invested sigs stones in him given the information Kabam provided on the character. Hence we are hear now looking for a more elaborate and definitive answer on this matter.
    13660 puts him at #5 Skill champ.. Hit Monkey is #4 at 13687.

I'd like to try and understand this whole situation. For real. So they originally posted a prestige of 13660 and it's supposed to be 13504 is that correct?

His actual prestige is 13504 in game. They changed the spotlight after I questioned the discrepancy in my kingpins prestige, what auntm.AI says and what the spotlights says. They said “sorry for the confusion, we updated the spotlight” as their only communication on the matter.

Now 13660 was #3 skill prestige at the time of the buff so more than a few people invested sigs stones in him given the information Kabam provided on the character. Hence we are hear now looking for a more elaborate and definitive answer on this matter.

50 days ago he was #4
    But you said #3.... Again, even at #4 for just Skill, how does he factor into a prestige race for AQ? 13660 is still 36th overall. Prestige is from your top 5 champs. Anyone competing in the top AQ ranks, KP wouldn't come close to changing anything for anyone.
    Maybe someone else can explain it to you better. Look at the skill class. Ranking Thor rags would sting as I already had silver surfer at sig 200. I dislike Stealth Spidey and don’t have hit monkey. At #4 kingpin was perfect for me and my account to invest in considering my other investments in the omega and ghost taking those 2 classes out of play for my account. My skill play was for prestige, kingpin was it. It’s pretty simple
    What's your current prestige? Or what's your in-game account name? Where does your alliance normally place in AQ? Who do you personally think you are in a prestige race against?
    The lengths you go to to protect Kabam from any wrongdoing is amazing to me.
    So out of all the other comments you choose this one but completely ignore the one where I agreed Kabam was wrong. Cool. The lengths you go to to try and call me out.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    Hopefully we get an official response soon. I promise you we aren't going to forget about this, if that's the strategy here.
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★

50 days ago he was #4
    But you said #3.... Again, even at #4 for just Skill, how does he factor into a prestige race for AQ? 13660 is still 36th overall. Prestige is from your top 5 champs. Anyone competing in the top AQ ranks, KP wouldn't come close to changing anything for anyone.
    Maybe someone else can explain it to you better. Look at the skill class. Ranking Thor rags would sting as I already had silver surfer at sig 200. I dislike Stealth Spidey and don’t have hit monkey. At #4 kingpin was perfect for me and my account to invest in considering my other investments in the omega and ghost taking those 2 classes out of play for my account. My skill play was for prestige, kingpin was it. It’s pretty simple
    What's your current prestige? Or what's your in-game account name? Where does your alliance normally place in AQ? Who do you personally think you are in a prestige race against?
    The lengths you go to to protect Kabam from any wrongdoing is amazing to me.
    So out of all the other comments you choose this one but completely ignore the one where I agreed Kabam was wrong. Cool. The lengths you go to to try and call me out.
    Well having read your comments it seems even though you don't really understand the issue you seem to be attacking the OP by questioning his reasoning for his choice of rank up and investment in a champ you seem to think is insignificant in regards to prestige.

Someone else already pointed out the small differences between the different positions such as from 24th Spot to 34th spot there is 9 point difference, which is insignificant really.

You also seem to fail to understand the OP and have completely overlooked the fact that you will acquire sig stones across the different classes so expecting people to rank up two mutant classes who are in top 10 prestige at the same time is unrealistic.
    Therefore you have to pick a champion from each class to use your sig stones on when you are involved in the prestige race.
    Also this game won't just give you the best prestige champ or even awaken that champ for you, so the RNG element of 6* crystals plays a factor too.
    Also t5cc isn't easy to come by so taking a champ upto r3 isn't a easy thing to do.

So looking at his options and who to use his SKILL sig stones on he saw KP as his best and most desired option with his prestige sitting at 4th spot at the time of his buff in the skill class and by the sounds of it this was also a champion he enjoys as he doesn't want to rank him down, so doesn't regret R3 him.

So if you in the prestige race using the sig stones rather then letting them sit in your inventory would be better for you.

Mistakes happen, but this doesn't mean people/companies shouldn't take steps to correct them when they have a wider impact, such as the impact on people spending money/time/resources. The fair thing would be to either refund the sig stones or bump the prestige up to what it was in the spotlight.

Also to the OP, if this isn't resolved soon, it might be worth considering alternative resolution options.

• Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★
    Well even though this doesnt affect me personally i want to see a satisfactory resolution for everybody that it has affected. Not just this specific situation but KABAM needs to understand that when errors cost people resources they gaine through etiher time or money its not fair to just do nothing
  • I cannot believe there is zero response here. This is a very sensitive issue, there is zero acknowledgement from the staff here. What a sad state of affairs.
  • Hey there, as we mentioned before, this is an account specific issue, and you should be reaching out to our Support team. The forums are not the place to get one on one help.
This discussion has been closed.