Options

Bp nerf

Comments

• Options
    ThugsmurfThugsmurf Posts: 85

Thugsmurf said:

Champs like proxima, phoenix,taskmaster,night thrasher,all great champs that NO ONE USES,tons of utility between all of them but still, impractical and after a couple weeks black panther will go right in the shelf with the rest of them

You sound like you pulled a 5* early in your game account and cruised through content without learning any skills. Almost every Champ has a place in the game, and if even a casual player like me knows that then it's a wonder you've made it this far.
    Why do people keep assuming my story? That's the farthest from the case and if it were true,I wouldn't be only cavalier rn,please stop critiquing my skill level none of you have seen,as I said I do know how to play him but come on
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,097 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Thugsmurf said:

People are just disagreeing because that's what they see,nobody is disputing my claims because...IM NOT WRONG you just don't like to hear. The only thing that I've heard tangible feedback on is damage which you can debate but the rest of what I'm saying is very very true and I would appreciate not being put down or told I'm a bad player and I would appreciate real feedback if there is any

I have no issues with the way the buff worked out, I'm sorry that you're not getting the kind of damage you want but at the same time rewarding a more aggressive gameplay isn't a bad thing. And all of my disagrees with your posts have more to do with the fact that you're approaching this all high and mighty and bringing an unneeded attitude to this discussion.
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

Thugsmurf said:

Pulyaman said:

I don't want to comment on the rework mainly because I have not used him and don't plan to either. Mainly because I am not good at intercepting and if you want to get the maximum out of the champ, it seems you need to intercept a lot. This is a similar problem I personally have with ronin since he also needs intercepting a lot.

What I do know is that the AI has been changing(tin foil hat moment here). I get parried a lot in arena because I try to be aggressive there and not be careful, AI shallow dexed my attacks and punishes me with an intercept, Back draft intercepts result in a parry or an shallow dex, so my playstyle has been getting defensive now. The reason I was saying all this is, it could be my skill is not good enough, it could be that my age is catching up, or the AI is getting tuned continuously to prevent intercepts and increase the risk of intercepting which inherently has risks.

The reason I say all this is, if a playstyle requires risk taking, the rewards have to be good too. The foresight node is an excellent example of this. So, if a champion inherently requires you to intercept to get the damage out, then the damage has to be great. From the videos I have seen of his gameplay, his damage is better than it was before, he has gotten some utility added to his kit, but whether the risk/ reward ratio is good enough is the question. if people have used him and not just seen just videos and comments, they can give a clear idea of this.

Let the disagrees come. :D

Thank you bro,bp will never be anyone's first pick for his utility,it's certainly nice to have but excellent mention of the foresight being the example of rewarding that risk. Sure his utility is nice but he isn't the best for anything and in that case we need some damage. I personally have the skill level to use him efficiently but still,my point being I would much rather use different champ cause with buildup like that he should be insane. Proxima for instance only needs a couple intercepts vs bp who needs them the whole fight but at least her damage is more than worth that build up yk? Also she has some amazing underrated utility.
    Looks like my message got deleted but I have no idea why.

Calling it a nerf is not fair. He is better than before. But the risk of any rework is there is a chance that some ability that you liked or a synergy that you used may be changed or removed. it depends on how often the champ was used originally and how much he has improved.

Take the hood update, people were against the update because he was used by a lot of people not only as a synergy partner but also as a buff controller. He lost that ability, so even though he got damage, he lost a key utility. The problem with BP was he had no utility at all and a moderate damage with synergies. Now, he has gained some good utility and has got good damage, even though that damage needs some skill.

I agree that he will not be a first pick in a developed roster, but for someone starting the game, he has some solid uses which is what the reworks are supposed to address. For a cavalier or a thronebreaker player, you will have a decent 5 star roster. So, picking up 5 star BP may not change your account. But for a conqueror or a new uncollected player, BP is now a decent investment.
    I feel you, it was wrong to word it as a nerf although it is a failure and the rest of what you had to say I felt was valid
  • Options

Thugsmurf said:

Thugsmurf said:

Champs like proxima, phoenix,taskmaster,night thrasher,all great champs that NO ONE USES,tons of utility between all of them but still, impractical and after a couple weeks black panther will go right in the shelf with the rest of them

You sound like you pulled a 5* early in your game account and cruised through content without learning any skills. Almost every Champ has a place in the game, and if even a casual player like me knows that then it's a wonder you've made it this far.
    Why do people keep assuming my story? That's the farthest from the case and if it were true,I wouldn't be only cavalier rn,please stop critiquing my skill level none of you have seen,as I said I do know how to play him but come on
    Anyone who says that Proxima and Taskmaster are bad Champs check those boxes. They're not impractical, they're just unorthodox, i.e, they need skill. That's the case with every single Champ you've mentioned (except Phoenix), and even she's good for certain nodes or as a Synergy piece for Prof X. Learn to play those Champs before commenting on them, as what you're saying doesn't convince anyone of your skill.
    How...are you agreeing with me and disagreeing at the same time? I mentioned those champs because they are in fact good but Not. Used. For obvious reasons which is the whole point of the post (except I'm saying his utility isn't the best now although it is better than nothing)
  • Options

I always love the lack of facts these types of posts have.

First off, His utility is not at all unpractical. He gains 75%-100% aar essentially on his base (when duped with Panther’s Might and 5 bleeds if not it’s only 50% with Panther’s Might), purification through intercepting (when duped, this is one of my favorite mechanics because you can control it, similarly to BWDO’s widow’s insight), the ability to purely be immune to stun on autoblock is incredible.

You also argue that certain champions that are autoblock champions will be issues because they’re bleed immune. However, you left out 2 of the more problematic offenders which are Nova and Heimdall. Not to mention, Nova and Thor Rags are some of the most annoying fights on path 5 in war. This utility is huge if used in the correct scenarios.

You also say that his aar is unreliable because you need 5 bleeds... do you have any idea how easy it is to get 5 bleeds? That’s a M-L-M combo while stunned once or maybe twice. Not to mention, while Panther’s Might is active it’s rare to go below 15 bleeds if you play well. The bleeds last for so dang long that it doesn’t matter.

My last point will be his damage. His damage outright might look lower but it’s actually not. His specials hit harder and his bleeds last longer. Those bleeds last 20 seconds with Panther’s might active, a huge amount of time. Over those 20 seconds you’re stacking more and more long lasting bleeds that will last throughout the fight and come out to do a few thousand per tick if you add all the numbers together OVER the entire fight essentially.

Maybe you should play the character and experience him after his buff instead of taking one look at the buff on paper and not liking him.

I understand it's quite a bit (not saying this sarcastically) but maybe go back and read all of what I said earlier,I went over everything you said especially those last 2 paragraphs,idk if my comment got deleted or something but I already addressed it
  • Options

Thugsmurf said:

People are just disagreeing because that's what they see,nobody is disputing my claims because...IM NOT WRONG you just don't like to hear. The only thing that I've heard tangible feedback on is damage which you can debate but the rest of what I'm saying is very very true and I would appreciate not being put down or told I'm a bad player and I would appreciate real feedback if there is any

I have no issues with the way the buff worked out, I'm sorry that you're not getting the kind of damage you want but at the same time rewarding a more aggressive gameplay isn't a bad thing. And all of my disagrees with your posts have more to do with the fact that you're approaching this all high and mighty and bringing an unneeded attitude to this discussion.
    While I'm not quite sure about the attitude part,I'm just trying to defend myself. I do truly hear what you're saying in the first part and I agree with you
  • Options

OP woke up and chose chaos.

Nah he watched Prof Hoff's video on BP.
    No, I'm aware that it's a lot to read but I said I played him quite extensively before and after the buff and formed my own thoughts and this is how I feel. In fact I thought I was doing something wrong at first but then I realized his full ramp,panthers might,intercepting specials and all,is just underwhelming in my opinion
  • Options
    NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    Ok so as someone who LOVED BP pre-buff
    And used him for a lot of content
    (Excluding aq/aw).
    I have already said in my post I said his overhaul is not what I imagined at all, and what he turned out to be is not bad at all. I overhyped myself because I’ve always had big interests for BP. Since the day he was put in game I have always enjoyed him…..but eventually he just had no use by himself because he had no utility and the damage was not there.

Fast forward to a week ago
    If you put him on a team with HB,Tigra,& if you were lucky enough to pull her Jabari Panther. The man’s bleed damage could Match Nick furies light bleeds….but he still lacked utility.

NOW He’s got cool utility now and yeah it’s cool that he is a standalone champ….great.
    But his bleed potency was lost in this and that’s just that one thing that bugs me.

Whats done is done and Im gonna move on, it is a good buff, with some STELLAR new animations.
    As I have agreed with many others whether it be here or in chats, or being told by others of this statement…..

Not all overhauls are going to be Mags/Col/Venom level….
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,782 ★★★★★
    Thugsmurf said:

No, I'm aware that it's a lot to read but I said I played him quite extensively before and after the buff and formed my own thoughts and this is how I feel. In fact I thought I was doing something wrong at first but then I realized his full ramp,panthers might,intercepting specials and all,is just underwhelming in my opinion
    Welp, that's your opinion I guess. Majority of us don't share that opinion.
  • Options

Ok so as someone who LOVED BP pre-buff
    And used him for a lot of content
    (Excluding aq/aw).
    I have already said in my post I said his overhaul is not what I imagined at all, and what he turned out to be is not bad at all. I overhyped myself because I’ve always had big interests for BP. Since the day he was put in game I have always enjoyed him…..but eventually he just had no use by himself because he had no utility and the damage was not there.

Fast forward to a week ago
    If you put him on a team with HB,Tigra,& if you were lucky enough to pull her Jabari Panther. The man’s bleed damage could Match Nick furies light bleeds….but he still lacked utility.

NOW He’s got cool utility now and yeah it’s cool that he is a standalone champ….great.
    But his bleed potency was lost in this and that’s just that one thing that bugs me.

Whats done is done and Im gonna move on, it is a good buff, with some STELLAR new animations.
    As I have agreed with many others whether it be here or in chats, or being told by others of this statement…..

Not all overhauls are going to be Mags/Col/Venom level….

I feel you completely bro,I think I overhyped my vision of what he was gonna be but...still felt disappointed overall,I just can't see myself using him even for fun now like maybe the skill cav eq but I just think they could have done him a tad more justice
  • Options

Thugsmurf said:

Okay cool... Don't gotta act on it tho,you can quietly disagree and keep it pushin like you're asking me to do instead of getting hostile,I'm not a bad person for not liking the rework
  • Options
    DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Thugsmurf said:

First off, His utility is not at all unpractical. He gains 75%-100% aar essentially on his base (when duped with Panther’s Might and 5 bleeds if not it’s only 50% with Panther’s Might), purification through intercepting (when duped, this is one of my favorite mechanics because you can control it, similarly to BWDO’s widow’s insight), the ability to purely be immune to stun on autoblock is incredible.

You also argue that certain champions that are autoblock champions will be issues because they’re bleed immune. However, you left out 2 of the more problematic offenders which are Nova and Heimdall. Not to mention, Nova and Thor Rags are some of the most annoying fights on path 5 in war. This utility is huge if used in the correct scenarios.

You also say that his aar is unreliable because you need 5 bleeds... do you have any idea how easy it is to get 5 bleeds? That’s a M-L-M combo while stunned once or maybe twice. Not to mention, while Panther’s Might is active it’s rare to go below 15 bleeds if you play well. The bleeds last for so dang long that it doesn’t matter.

My last point will be his damage. His damage outright might look lower but it’s actually not. His specials hit harder and his bleeds last longer. Those bleeds last 20 seconds with Panther’s might active, a huge amount of time. Over those 20 seconds you’re stacking more and more long lasting bleeds that will last throughout the fight and come out to do a few thousand per tick if you add all the numbers together OVER the entire fight essentially.

Maybe you should play the character and experience him after his buff instead of taking one look at the buff on paper and not liking him.

I understand it's quite a bit (not saying this sarcastically) but maybe go back and read all of what I said earlier,I went over everything you said especially those last 2 paragraphs,idk if my comment got deleted or something but I already addressed it
    So... you’re not even going to bother to read what I said? I literally read everything you said and counter argued it. Take some time and actually read.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Thugsmurf said:

Thugsmurf said:

Anyone who says that Proxima and Taskmaster are bad Champs check those boxes. They're not impractical, they're just unorthodox, i.e, they need skill. That's the case with every single Champ you've mentioned (except Phoenix), and even she's good for certain nodes or as a Synergy piece for Prof X. Learn to play those Champs before commenting on them, as what you're saying doesn't convince anyone of your skill.
    The reason people don't use taskmaster is that he needs crossbones and hawkeye for getting some good damage output. Crossbones was not that good before the buff and not many people want to run a completely skill team for above average damage. I agree that he needs skill to play, but the return on that investment is not satisfactory for most people when there are so many other champs that can do more damage with simpler playstyle.

Regarding Proxima, she needs her missions looked at for her outside of epic content. She is designed to take out large health pools, but there are damage caps in those places. Only thing you need skill to do with her is the intercept mission. She has very low Block proficiently and a low health pool. So, even with her knockdown mission and even parry mission the chip damage is significant which actually makes her impractical to use. You can do the intercept and knockdown missions without taking any block damage. But if you get parry first , its both a blessing and a curse. Its the easiest mission, but you also take a lot of chip damage.
  • Options
    Thugsmurf said:

Thugsmurf said:

Okay cool... Don't gotta act on it tho,you can quietly disagree and keep it pushin like you're asking me to do instead of getting hostile,I'm not a bad person for not liking the rework
    I apologise if I insulted you or something in any way, wasn't my intention.
  • Options
    CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    Everyone has their own opinions, and I’m sorry you’re disappointed with the BP buff. However, there are a few things I would like to point out. Firstly, his purify can be reduced to about a 1 second cooldown at max sig and can purify 1 of each kind of debuff currently active on him. While it may seem impractical due to having to intercept in order to activate, his kit already revolves around intercepting so I believe it complements him quite well.

Secondly, the autoblock immunity you mention just prevents him from being stunned should he strike into an autoblock. To my knowledge this mostly comes into play in war and arena as I don’t believe any champs can stun via autoblock on their base unless the opponent has the parry mastery. There were also a few champs you missed, in MODOK, Nova, and Heimdall. I am unsure of which champs can stun via autoblock with the parry mastery, but I know at least Heimdall is capable of doing so. It isn’t the biggest piece of utility, but it could be nice given the right circumstances.

As for the DAAR, the fact that they split it 50/50 between Panther’s Might and his bleeds at max sig, personally, doesn’t bother me. At least that way he can reduce DAA before activating PM, then cancel everything out once he activates PM. Since PM doesn’t seem too hard to keep up, it seems to me like his DAAR works fairly well.

The other thing I’ll point out is damage. While yes, he may deal slightly less damage now than pre-buff with a full synergy team, he now deals considerably more damage on his own without relying on other champs such as Tigra or Hulkbuster. Personally, I think that was a trade-off that was more than worth it. I’d rather not have to bring a number of other champs just to make one champ usable. I would much prefer being able to use that champion without have to rely on synergies. Don’t get me wrong, I like the concept of using synergies to give champs boosts, but I don’t like it when those synergies become necessary to use certain champs.
  • Options

Thugsmurf said:

So... you’re not even going to bother to read what I said? I literally read everything you said and counter argued it. Take some time and actually read.
    I did lol but if you saw what I said,you would see where some things you're saying contradict what I already stated lmao,nova and heimdall were good mentions before and I had responded to nova before you brought him up (again,it's up there trust me) and I hadn't thought of heimdall. His utility I mentioned how you virtually need 100% because it's champs with like 3% chances like start,bw,etc that surprise you and combo you into oblivion. As far as damage like he still hits roughly the same as his prebuff version,like his crit damage was tied to how many bleeds he dealt and it scaled better and I'm not even joking,he's averaging about 5-10k less than he did before,sure there's more bleeds but they are half as strong. I feel since the community hasn't touched bp in years or since barely anyone had him over r3 since yesterday, people don't realize how hard he used to hit. Now that everyone ranked him up etc etc,they think his damage is super nice and cool when it's a shadow of what it used to be, synergies or not
  • Options

Thugsmurf said:

Thugsmurf said:

I apologise if I insulted you or something in any way, wasn't my intention.
    I appreciate that man,and I hear what you're saying,if you also felt in any way I was negative it wasn't my intention as well,just trynna get my point across and I get not everyone will agree
  • Options

Everyone has their own opinions, and I’m sorry you’re disappointed with the BP buff. However, there are a few things I would like to point out. Firstly, his purify can be reduced to about a 1 second cooldown at max sig and can purify 1 of each kind of debuff currently active on him. While it may seem impractical due to having to intercept in order to activate, his kit already revolves around intercepting so I believe it complements him quite well.

Secondly, the autoblock immunity you mention just prevents him from being stunned should he strike into an autoblock. To my knowledge this mostly comes into play in war and arena as I don’t believe any champs can stun via autoblock on their base unless the opponent has the parry mastery. There were also a few champs you missed, in MODOK, Nova, and Heimdall. I am unsure of which champs can stun via autoblock with the parry mastery, but I know at least Heimdall is capable of doing so. It isn’t the biggest piece of utility, but it could be nice given the right circumstances.

As for the DAAR, the fact that they split it 50/50 between Panther’s Might and his bleeds at max sig, personally, doesn’t bother me. At least that way he can reduce DAA before activating PM, then cancel everything out once he activates PM. Since PM doesn’t seem too hard to keep up, it seems to me like his DAAR works fairly well.

The other thing I’ll point out is damage. While yes, he may deal slightly less damage now than pre-buff with a full synergy team, he now deals considerably more damage on his own without relying on other champs such as Tigra or Hulkbuster. Personally, I think that was a trade-off that was more than worth it. I’d rather not have to bring a number of other champs just to make one champ usable. I would much prefer being able to use that champion without have to rely on synergies. Don’t get me wrong, I like the concept of using synergies to give champs boosts, but I don’t like it when those synergies become necessary to use certain champs.

I feel you man completely,I hadn't thought of modok but I did see your other mentions earlier and I can see him working for that. As far as his damage you're totally correct but I don't see it being modern enough to have longevity yk? Like he was a champ that the community saw as having nothing without synergies,no damage OR utility so seeing as chadwick passed last year,and him being one of the oldest champs with a minimal kit,you would think they would add utility AND at least some more damage,I wanna feel like I'm shredding champs when using an icon like black panther and while they did hit a lot of boxes,I couldnt overlook it with some of the fight durations
  • Options
    NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★

@DarkEternity
    Alright so I agree with everything you said but the bleed damage.

Those 20 seconds.....are with synergies and deep wounds.

W/ out them the bleeds lasted about as long as they did before. The truth the pre-buff bleeds damage did more damage, for less bleeds. He may be able to stack a lot of bleeds but they are not dealing more than what he used to. They will either deal less or the same amount.

Everything else you said about him I agree with
  • Options

Please tell me he said BP can shrug off 6.1.1 degen.
    Nope, he just said BP sucks.
    Wow. Lol.
    He doesn't completely suck,I just wanted more,the 6.1.1 degen shrug off seems solid,hadn't thought of it but it seems like the community finds crumbs better than starving which I don't disagree with, utility wise he's better,there's no denying that but if he had a slight damage bump,I could overlook my personal problems with him
  • Options
    Thugsmurf said:

Wow. Lol.
    He doesn't completely suck,I just wanted more,the 6.1.1 degen shrug off seems solid,hadn't thought of it but it seems like the community finds crumbs better than starving which I don't disagree with, utility wise he's better,there's no denying that but if he had a slight damage bump,I could overlook my personal problems with him
    6.1.1 degen is a passive and can't be shrugged off. We were jsut referencing a video of Prof's where he failed to understand that.
  • Options

Thugsmurf said:

Wow. Lol.
    6.1.1 degen is a passive and can't be shrugged off. We were jsut referencing a video of Prof's where he failed to understand that.
    I was repeating what someone else said lol,I hadn't even seen profs video but I would imagine he would be solid for icarus. I haven't been in 6.1.1 in a while so my apologies for the mistake,I was referencing someone else who brought it up earlier cause I thought it was a positive
  • Options

The new black panther is good at least he does not require synergy anymore to deal damage. but I was expecting a little massive pay off for the skill involved. We already have Nick fury,mole God etc for the bleeders in skill class I wanted his kit to be more damage like. Thumbs up for the animation though I ranked 5 him for it.

Yeah his animations are solid and precisely man,while he got a damage boost,having more would not have hurt at all, especially for the requirements. Like you said nick,moleman,and a bunch of other champs have better bleeds and overall damage for much less work. If I'm playing that well I wanna feel like I achieved something for it