**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

what I don't understand

So, there was a bug with the new training mode, okay, bugs happen. But this seemed to benefit players, so the entire game got shut down to fix it.. Understandable.

But, there's still issues with incursions and persistent charge bugs.

What I don't understand is that Kabam can take the game offline if there's an "unfair advantage" due to a bug, but if it affects the player negatively they just take their sweet time in fixing it. Fury is still broken, where he doesn't start in decoy mode, champion still gains fury without cap. Why aren't these worthy of shutting the game down?

Is it just money, you only care when it affects your coffers? Or just a lack of transparency in how you go about fixing problems?

It's also extremely off-putting to be threatened for something most players didn't do, as soon we boot into the game after the forced update.
I, for one, was thinking highly about spending for 4th of July, but now I'm putting a full freeze against this game. You don't deserve our time or money with childish moves like this.

Comments

• HollowAizenHollowAizen Posts: 37

Any bug that is game breaking will get priority regardless of who the players feel it benefits. AA can still avoid astral evade as he has for years. It's not game breaking. Defenders gaining no power affects every fight in all game modes.

I know it's your example to defend the issue, but there are more characters that beat astral evade, Kabam did design that with the timing involved for people to bypass it
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,563 ★★★★

Bruh if they took the game down for the persistent charge bug it would be down for a week considering how hard it is to fix it

No. Hours. Because they already have worked on the fix codes behind the scenes. They aren’t that crazy to shut the game down for weeks when they can be smart to fix the bug behind the scene and then implement that code to the update.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,042 ★★★★★
    I guess it's because people don't really play incursions. Usually when there is some big community reaction, they do something. Think about hood "buff" for example. Also when people react, we usually see some moderate yet sweet compensation
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,253 ★★★★★

Any bug that is game breaking will get priority regardless of who the players feel it benefits. AA can still avoid astral evade as he has for years. It's not game breaking. Defenders gaining no power affects every fight in all game modes.

I know it's your example to defend the issue, but there are more characters that beat astral evade, Kabam did design that with the timing involved for people to bypass it
    What about abyss Havok, or moleman true accuracy bug, or starburst not doing damage to players. All bugs that took months to fix, or are still here.
    Still haven’t seen a good explanation for this, if Kabam love to snuff out bugs that help the player.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,816 ★★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

You don’t think Kabam are trying to fix the persistent charge bug? You don’t think these monthly attempts to fix it are them actually trying?

If kabam could shut the game down and fix the persistent charge bug they definitely would.

Not to mention there’s lots of examples of bugs benefitting players that don’t get fixed. People just want to ignore them.

It’s not about that. It’s just that they fixed it so quick when the game noticed the bug on the training ground mode. So the real question why didn’t the game team use the same attitude when the mentioned bug(s) happened? (nick fury, incursion and so on)

So clearly they have the option to fix the issue ASAP, but that’s only when it benefit us. We losing the wars and so on because of the Nick fury bug don’t benefit us so it benefit kabam as it create another revenue because of the recourses. Same with incursions.

We just don’t really understand why this attitude is continued over and over again. They have the teams to fix this ASAP, but choose not to.
    Again, they haven't fixed anything. They removed the game mode.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,011 ★★★★★
    first i've even heard of training mode ..it's for new players i gather?

Just came out today. I'd assume it's for new players as it was about learning to parry.
  • ThēMandalorianThēMandalorian Posts: 283 ★★★

Just came out today. I'd assume it's for new players as it was about learning to parry.
    It is for new players, but everyone had O.G. Captain America yell at us to get in there when we went to fights. So many people tried it and that's why the bug was found quickly and the game mode was removed along with emergency maintenance.

It is for new players, but everyone had O.G. Captain America yell at us to get in there when we went to fights. So many people tried it and that's why the bug was found quickly and the game mode was removed along with emergency maintenance.
    Yes it's available to anyone but it's meant to help new players. I'm well aware of what happened today.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Patchie93 said:

So for them to "fix" incursion bug like they fixed this quickly you'd what? Want them remove the game mode since that's the problem?
    Persistent charge bug? Oh lets just remove all Persistent charge abilities or champs take you're pick. (This is also easy to see and prevent by taking a second to make sure the persistent charge symbol is there. If not restart you're game till it is)

The fact you don't understand how hard coding is makes you come off as an ignorant and arrogant human being. This game has 100s of champs with probably millions of interactions that any new mode/Champ could potentially cause a new bug to pop up in old code.

Also player benefitting bugs that lasted a long time
    Drax vs astral evade
    AA stunning stun immune bosses
    Multiple AoL bugs
    Havok and CMM
    She-hulk 4 hit into heavy lasted years
    Many more that I'm sure exist but can't recall.

Well, I agree with everything you said except,
    1) Drax vs astral evade was never acknowledged as being bugged or was even changed. Kabam insisted that they changed nothing, but everyone with a working set of eyes could see that Drax was changed.
    2) AA stunning stun immune bosses was acknowledged as working as intended by Kabam Wolfe. It was then changed suddenly and Kabam said it was a bug.
    3) I know about Havok, no idea what you mean by CMM.
    4) She-hulk 4 hit heavy was not even know till she was updated. I think people forget how bad she hulk was before her update.
    You also forgot the MS and BWCV regen interaction that was fixed after people used it to clear champion boss easily.

I am also don't think Kabam only fixes bugs that benefit players because that is a ridiculous notion. Any sort of bugs in game is unacceptable. But, to say that Kabam have made some sketchy decisions with regards to some interactions.
This discussion has been closed.