**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I really don’t like the side quest this month

2»

Comments

• UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★
    Don't have a problem with the rewards but I agree that the objectives are a bit much. For most of the previous side quests with objectives, the objectives could be completed just by doing the eq and sq itself. Having to do the 5 stage objectives in order while keeping in mind what attack you need to use to end the fight is a pain. Would have been so much better if the 5 stage objectives were combined into 1 like "defeat 20 cosmic champions using a skill champion" as that could be done by finishing the eq and sq normally.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    The objectives are a bit weird but I can finish all objectives for a class in 10 mins so over a month, it's fine.
  • Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 855 ★★★★
    FineDog said:

But I feel like the terrible H2H crystals put kind of a damper on the whole thing. You don't even get very many of them. One 5* H2H crystal and, what, 3 H2H Cavs

2 5*s actually
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    I honestly like the event. I don’t like the crystals. Especially since they are practically replacing 5* shards for the h2h 5* shards. From the two 5* crystals I’ve gotten, I’ve pulled 5* Thor rags, and my second dupe on BPCW. The only champ that I want from this is obviously Aegon. I’ve also only opened one cav crystal and I got first dupe on stealthy, which isn’t terrible, but I don’t consider it a win
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Really it’s ok. Rewards are ok. It’s super easy which makes the grindiness ok to some degree . Energy cost is annoying but not high so ok.

It’s a bit Grindy for my taste and real easy and mindless.

So ya it’s basically just ok. Your typical average boring as anything side quest. It’s here, we’ll do it, and move on.
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    Easy fights, easy paths, good rewards. What's there not to like!
  • TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021

Extremely monotonous, very repetitive.
    Mindnumbing fights, even if they're easy.
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

Extremely monotonous, very repetitive.
    Mindnumbing fights, even if they're easy.

Most of the side quests are always monotonous. Just like last month's. This time they have kept it clean, 3 not so long paths. Repetitiveness has also been an element of side quests. No news there.

I think the difficulty was kept on the lower side, even for legendary difficulty because there is a lot of difficult content coming this (7.2 for players) and next month (Summer of pain MCoC event). So they have tried to give us a lighter month, so that progressing players are also able to make full use of the event.
  • Whiskey_PoetWhiskey_Poet Posts: 238 ★★

Buttehrs said:

The objectives were easy, using RTTL 1.1. Took about an hour and was stress free.

IMO they delay the chapter releases to ensure people are logging in all month long. So do not expect that to change.

I don’t want to, nor do I have the time to spend an hour on objectives. Also there’s way more enjoyable ways to keep us playing all month like a calendar of keys or short objectives with targets. I dont enjoy getting 2 short quests done quick and then 6 days of waiting
    Then dont do this month's side event. It's really that simple. Just do the ones you enjoy.
    This shouldn’t be the case though, as a player that wants to progress I don’t think I should have to refuse to do a side quest because it’s that bad
    But @Salve_maker05 , the quest isn't that bad. What makes it bad for you is you don't want to spend an hour doing the objectives. So, you're saying that it's not a good event because a progressing player should be able to progress without spending the time to progress? And someone also complaining about spending a day on side quest with 6 days with nothing to do (I guess besides objectives, EQ, story quests.) SMDH. :/
  • Steam97Steam97 Posts: 110 ★★
    edited May 2021
    We had this structure of chapers released weekly forever, I don't get why u start complaining about it now, the paths to do aren't even full of fights to do and they are pretty easy, the only thing many could not like is the champ pool of the special crystals, but except that it is a very normal side quest like we had many many times before. This month side quest is miles better than last month, less repetitive and no RNG in rewards and the objectives are also pretty simple to do, u can do them just playing normally through events or arena.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    It's good if you don't have Aegon.
  • Salve_maker05Salve_maker05 Posts: 407 ★★★

Buttehrs said:

The objectives were easy, using RTTL 1.1. Took about an hour and was stress free.

IMO they delay the chapter releases to ensure people are logging in all month long. So do not expect that to change.

I don’t want to, nor do I have the time to spend an hour on objectives. Also there’s way more enjoyable ways to keep us playing all month like a calendar of keys or short objectives with targets. I dont enjoy getting 2 short quests done quick and then 6 days of waiting
    Then dont do this month's side event. It's really that simple. Just do the ones you enjoy.
    This shouldn’t be the case though, as a player that wants to progress I don’t think I should have to refuse to do a side quest because it’s that bad
    But @Salve_maker05 , the quest isn't that bad. What makes it bad for you is you don't want to spend an hour doing the objectives. So, you're saying that it's not a good event because a progressing player should be able to progress without spending the time to progress? And someone also complaining about spending a day on side quest with 6 days with nothing to do (I guess besides objectives, EQ, story quests.) SMDH. :/
    I see your point and In some ways I do agree but I think that objectives that long shouldn’t be for a key. I mean it’s my opinion and I can see a lot of people disagree and that’s what a discussion is for. But personally I don’t like how they have set up getting the rings this month at all
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,286 ★★★★
    The event is fine, but the design around the objectives are just annoying.

If you're doing arenas, you have to either have memorized what class and fight ender to use (Light attack, special, etc), or exit all the way back to the base menu screen and bring up the objectives, then go back into your fight. Since I was just trying to complete objectives through my normal completion of content, at one point I had three classes at the third tier of obejctives, two classes at the second tier, and one class at the first tier of objectives.

If you're just rerunning a single path over and over to get one of the class objectives done (Like Tech, and doing 5 fights ending with Light), I don't see how anyone can say that is fun or good game design. I'll admit, this repetition is baked into previous events, but it feels more restrictive.

If you never play arenas, you are forced to do the Lei Tai arena just to get some rings.
    If you never play arenas, you are forced to do at least 10 fights with Shang Chi in the arenas.
    In the past, I don't recall locked gates requiring arenas.

None of these are dealbreakers on their own, but taken in concert, it is just annoying game design.