**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Watch Ads for Units

Comments

• MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    If they put adds in mcoc I am goneβ€” i cant stand games with adds. If they have adds, they better add a no adds 2$ option or smtg.
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    They already give free units in calenders. And if you need it that much. Git gud!
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Do arena would be replaced with ad watching, I’ll pass
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    You look too excited to watch a 1.5 min ad for 3 units that Kabam will give.
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Ads will even cause more devices to crash. so its a no, what a stupid idea.
    mcoc survived for more than 6yrs without the annoying ads.
  • HeattblasttHeattblastt Posts: 252 β˜…β˜…

In the first quarter of the year there isn't a major spending event, this leads to less revenue in those months compared to the other months. In the other 3 quarters there is spring cleaning, the July 4th deals, and the cyber weekend offers. The game is doing just fine and doesn't need to implement ads

Adding on to this, even this lowest revenue was of about 65 million which is not low at all by any means.....
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited May 2021
    ONE of the main reasons why I LOVE this game is there’s no ads, and few pop ups

I tried other marvel/kabaam games there’s pop ups on everytime you go to a knew area/screen. And multiple ones at that

Makes me just give up cause I don’t want to break my phone again

Ok if it wouldn’t be a pop up and if the button didn’t show(like you had to got the store like glory) it would be ok not a kill game for me but I still don’t agree with it. After all you make it sound like they made 2 bucks. They made plenty of money this year they are far from broke

I’d mention something else but I’d get bannned
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    doctorb said:

I see a lot of comments against this idea but barely anyone offering a reason why it's a bad idea, just complaints. The only reason I see against it is phone may crash. Genuinely interested in why u think it's a bad idea. The ads would not be a popup. You would need to click on a button to show/watch the ad. Otherwise just continue playing normally. Again, just curious why it's a bad idea since if done right, u would not even notice there.

This is one of the few games I enjoy that doesn't barrage it with Ads. I'm good on that.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    They could. But just make it something you only see when you go into the unit store. No pop up or anything. Just click on the upper right corner that is there like always. And when the offers are there, have 1 offer be an ad to watch.
    This can be totally ignored by players who do not want it. And can be click on a couple of times for some units for people that do.
    As long as it is not noticable without a specific action being taken that is not needed for normal gameplay.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    doctorb said:

I see a lot of comments against this idea but barely anyone offering a reason why it's a bad idea, just complaints. The only reason I see against it is phone may crash. Genuinely interested in why u think it's a bad idea. The ads would not be a popup. You would need to click on a button to show/watch the ad. Otherwise just continue playing normally. Again, just curious why it's a bad idea since if done right, u would not even notice there.

Mostly because it is a foot in the door to start doing more. They could START with only on-demand ads, but could progress to post-quest ads, banner ads, something as obnoxious as post-arena ads for non-sigil people.

The idea in itself is fine, but the pathway it begins has a game-killing end.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    No one would even bother working to earn them if all they had to do was watch an Ad.
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited May 2021
    Rohit_316 said:

You look too excited to watch a 1.5 min ad for 3 units that Kabam will give.

better than arena grinding ( I don't want ads to happen I'm just hating on the new arenas)
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 β˜…β˜…β˜…

Give me 100 units per 30 second ad and I’ll do it, otherwise, no thanks.

For 100 units, you would need to commit to a full 90 second ad πŸ˜‚
  • HeattblasttHeattblastt Posts: 252 β˜…β˜…
    doctorb said:

Let me tell u the reason.... .. Many people enjoy this one aspect of the game that their are no ads in the game.... If ads are introduced even with the click button and not pop ups even than it will become one of the easiest sources of earning units or items and hence it will become a compulsion for everyone to watch the ads as no one wants to miss on the free units.... Take it like this: many people are not liking to grind special objectives of sq this month but anyway they have to grind so that they don't miss the rewards..... The same way people will be compelled to watch the ads which will in ruin the game experience.....