**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is it enough?

TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
edited May 2021 in Strategy and Tips
In a few days, I am going to fight the Grandmaster. I will have about 1200 units at that time and will be using a team of all R5:
Sig 200 Colossus
Sig 200 Omega Red
Sig 200 Cap IW
Hitmonkey
Black Widow Claire Voyant
My question is: will this be enough to take down the Grandmaster? I consider myself fairly skilled at the game (I soloed the 6.4.5 hydra adaptoid and 6.4.2 Thor Ragnarok with cap iw for example) but I am concerned about the whole inverted controls phase.
Also, should I use team revives (100 units each) or solo revives (40 units each)?

Is it enough? 62 votes

Yes, go for it!
82%
abn86zuffySungjnameplasBlitzattackCropDusterRahultripathiFurious_Fighter1CupidReferenceTheHoodedDormammuAssumedNameMoosetiptronicRaichu626JuggerNotLightening_no1Reaper2823AnotheRockypantherxDisgruntled_User_123 51 votes
No, save more units
12%
TerraAanthoHilldarBlaccLotus1RickGrimes_King73PHJfinGr8TonyStarklegrind 8 votes
other (maybe use someone else on my team like Aegon, etc)
4%
DogfoodLidMattstafariCosmicspiderman777 3 votes
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Bring aegon instead of BWCV
  • Options
    Yes, go for it!
    Also, any reasons as to why or why not I should do it would be helpful
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    I mean, 1200 units is 60 deaths. Just do it.

(You totally can. If you get frustrated, take a break and watch an extra video to study that phase)
  • Options
    Yes, go for it!

My Aegon is only r4, but I can make him sig 200. Im bringing BWCV to counter the cosmic path which I am taking. Is Aegon still a better choice?
  • Options
    Yes, go for it!

My reason is: unless you are the worst MCOC player in the world you can do it with 1200 units and your full r5 team
    lol yea, I am pretty sure I should be able to do it but I just wanted clarification. I tried a practice run where I messed up and made it to the Grandmaster with only Colossus alive (with only 3% health lol) and I brought the Grandmaster down to 98%
  • Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    Have you practiced against him? Something that helped me a lot when I was preparing to go against the champion boss was I played the quest through 16 times. Eventually I could solo all path fights really easily, and had lots of experience fighting the champion.
  • Options
    Yes, go for it!
    Riptide said:

Have you practiced against him? Something that helped me a lot when I was preparing to go against the champion boss was I played the quest through 16 times. Eventually I could solo all path fights really easily, and had lots of experience fighting the champion.

I have fought him once so far with my Colossus (who had 3% health) and brought him to 98%. Im really confident in all of his phases except inverted controls, which I hate lol
  • Options

My Aegon is only r4, but I can make him sig 200. Im bringing BWCV to counter the cosmic path which I am taking. Is Aegon still a better choice?
    Bring Nick Fury instead of BWCV then, also do you have despair?
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Yes, go for it!

yeah i have despair, but how is Nick Fury useful in this quest?
  • Options
    edited May 2021

yeah i have despair, but how is Nick Fury useful in this quest?
    Nick Fury can solo grandmaster, plus for the reversed controls phase if you mess up his second life can save you Im pretty sure. Also use team revives
  • Options
    Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    Yes, go for it!
    You can do it - trust in your ability. I won’t lie to you - it can be painful at times but watch KT1 and the Seatin guides and you’ll be okay.
  • Options
    Yes, go for it!
    Ok let me just say that I worried waaay too much. I brought him down with just 2 revives and got an AMAZING PULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★

I know you beat him and everything but doesn’t voting on your own poll kind of defeat the purpose?
  • Options
    Yes, go for it!
    Hoitado said:

I know you beat him and everything but doesn’t voting on your own poll kind of defeat the purpose?
    lol i voted so I could easily see what everyone else did without having to click show results
  • Options
    DogfoodLidDogfoodLid Posts: 130
    What is your stash like? Any revives or health pots stored up? Aegon is probbaly better option than hm or bwcv. Id say bwcv. Just 1200 units is pushing it. I would probably use singles on aegon after first round of team ko. Good luck
  • Options
    MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    Aegon was my MVP, I ramped him up on the cosmic path and once my team was dead, i just kept reviving him.

I would use the solo revives on your main damage dealer rather than team revives.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Yes, go for it!

Aegon was my MVP, I ramped him up on the cosmic path and once my team was dead, i just kept reviving him.

I would use the solo revives on your main damage dealer rather than team revives.

Good luck!

I beat him earlier today using only 2 revives! Used Omega to bring him down to 90%, then used Cap IW to bring him down to 60%, then used Hitmonkey to bring him to 30% and used 2 revives on Colossus and took out the Grandmaster!