**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

RATE THE COMMUNITY CHOICE ARENA

2»

Comments

• Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    The idea of putting it behind arena is fine, but the milestones are just out of whack.

This would have been a perfect time to bring back the 15K points per arena fight regardless of star level.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    It should've never exist. A lot of people just don't do arena, because it's boring as fhell.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    The AI is trash.
  • Options
    BzeeBzee Posts: 258 ★★
    IKON said:

The idea of putting it behind arena is fine, but the milestones are just out of whack.

This would have been a perfect time to bring back the 15K points per arena fight regardless of star level.

Agree
  • Options
    PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 753 ★★★

It was never about the rewards, it’s about casting ballots. It accomplishes what it was meant for: letting more active players have more sway in the buff choice.

More active arena players..:(
  • Options
    Player_SlasherPlayer_Slasher Posts: 156 ★★
    I need units haha so can't really put any time into this. Don't really care if either champ gets buffed tbh, but all 6 champs in the original pool (aside from Kamala perhaps) really do deserve a buff and forcing the community to pick only one doesn't really make sense for me, since buffs are so much more frequent now when compared to the Colossus/Hulkbuster days.
    Quite curious where Thor Jane/Joe Fixit/Agent Venom are on Kabam's priority list and whether they'll get a buff in the future as well.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    I would have grinded this arena regardless of the rewards if Agent Venom went to round 2. But i couldnt care less whether Guilly or Antman gets buffed, so i wasnt doing it anyways unless it had 6* shards or something.(Guilly sounds cooler in concept and Antman would be nice because he was the worst option and he is on my team with Ghost a lot)
  • Options
    manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    Fastest 30 units I had only went to 350K
  • Options
    manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★

Why didn't you keep an option of 0 though. The rewards are absolutely trash. 30 units for 1.5 mil? Should rewards atleast 200. And some 5 or 6 star or grandmaster shards

200 units for 1.6M they will never do that
  • Options
    naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★
    Dumb da dumb dumb...dumb.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★

It was never about the rewards, it’s about casting ballots. It accomplishes what it was meant for: letting more active players have more sway in the buff choice.

How exactly does an outlier of an arena say who plays more than someone else? Even then arena is sometimes just mindless tapping not somewhere where you plan and strategize how to use your champs most effectively to counter the opponent
    I don’t understand what you mean by outlier of an arena. That’s a comparative statistics term and I don’t see what is being compared.

I never said “skilled” players, I said “active” players

What I meant in saying that is the general noob who would log in and go “oh, I know Ant Man!” or someone that isn’t in the know would likely not do any arenas and leave the decision making to involved community members, making it a better representation than the general public.

People who care will invest time into the arena; those who don’t care will lose their voice. People who demonstrate caring by putting in a bit of time deserve more say than the people who run multiple Alt accounts for login rewards.
    See the thing your missing about community voting is: you want the community to actually vote. This isn't like beta testing where you simply want a sample size of the community, you should want as much as the community to vote as possible to get the best representation of the entire community. The noobs who choose Ant-Man because he's popular are still players in the community and Kabam wants them to be just as excited about an upcoming buff as the rest of us. That's the whole point of letting the community choose the next buff. To create excitement that wouldn't be generated if Kabam just announced another self selected buff. Your assertion that making votes more effort to place makes it a better representation is the opposite of the truth. It only makes it a more selective representation that puts some opinions above others. Not that it matters here cause it's just a damn game and honestly idc which one gets the buff, but in irl matters adding extra tedious steps to voting that discourages some people from participating to begin with is by definition voter suppression. To be clear, I'm not saying that's what Kabam is doing here cause that's overly dramatic. It's likely just an unforeseen side effect of Kabams terrible arena milestones.(Unforeseen by them at least. I never had hope the milestones would be good when they announced vote by arena)

Players with a smaller roster won't be able to cast all the votes, which defeats the purpose of a vote- to grant everyone an equal chance to provide their choice and for everyone's choices to be equally valuable. It's not even like the attached Rewards were any good; yeah, Units are alright, but PHC Shards? Seriously? It was a bad idea to make it an entire Arena, but if they so desperately wanted it to be so then they could've kept a single (or just a couple) of ballots as the first two Milestones and put the Units and GM Shards on the other ones, like the Lei Tai Arena.

Those that care, care. Those that dont, dont. This adds an aspect of 2 sides fighting for their favorite champion to get a buff. And pretty sure every star level champion puts up the same amount of points. Players that want ghost to get buffed now have to grind, and neither side is at a disadvantage. Same thing for players that want guilly to win. If it doesn’t seem fair to you, i can assume you dont want to grind for your champion. This was a great way to balance the votes out imo.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★

Why didn't you keep an option of 0 though. The rewards are absolutely trash. 30 units for 1.5 mil? Should rewards atleast 200. And some 5 or 6 star or grandmaster shards

Its not like you’re forced to do the arena in any way shape or form, and kabam have mentioned that there were no rewards originally. If you want shards, do AW or event quest. Also 200 units for an arena you can use every star level for is a bit of a stretch, especially when the main purpose of it is to vote. Spend your time in the regular arenas that are out currently.
  • Options
    Maximus45Maximus45 Posts: 18
    Will3808 said:

Good arena that doesn’t take many points to get the good rewards. I’ve finished and only had to do 2 cycles to get there.

"Good rewards" xD Premium crystals are lit haha
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,218 ★★★★★
    Amazing!!
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    It’s a decent concept but anything that forces me into arena is a 1.

It’s the most boring area of the game. I would rather it be based on quest fights or total fights completed as an objective or something along those lines if it needs to be activity driven.

Not smashing my head against the wall doing the same boring fights over and over again just to vote for a champ I likely won’t use as a primary champ anyway because 1/10 May end up in the highest tier of champs. The buffs are good but they purposefully keep the meta balanced so they don’t typically push out the buff as the best in class.

There’s a better way to reward activity then forcing people into the most boring game mode in the entire game.
  • Options
    Arslan_ShahidArslan_Shahid Posts: 6
    @Bzee u know why this arena get mostly 1 point out of 10, because there is not option for lesser than 1 point understand!!! if there would be a check box for 0 then people would smash that.
    worst arena upgrade ever, I have 10 6stars Rank 1 and 50 5stars what I would get in this arena.
    This arena is just making richer people(rich in 5,6 stars) more rich and poor people(have less 5,6 stars) more poor.

plus 22 Million milestone is so much to get little amount of units of same amount that i would get by 1.5 Millions in old arena(only richer people will go for this)

you are just entertaining the Top 1% of your users, and in order to do so you ruin the fun out of rest of 99% of your free users who don't have enough 5,6 stars. before I get 3000 units monthly, now its just 500 units.

if you wanna entertain them then give them a units offer they will happily buy that offer and this will keep Kabam's wallet warm.

You are ruining the fun of free to play players.

I know you would receive a lot in the comments over this post but I still wanna slap who coin the idea of this arena.
  • Options
    JahnybravoJahnybravo Posts: 69

How exactly does an outlier of an arena say who plays more than someone else? Even then arena is sometimes just mindless tapping not somewhere where you plan and strategize how to use your champs most effectively to counter the opponent
    I don’t understand what you mean by outlier of an arena. That’s a comparative statistics term and I don’t see what is being compared.

I never said “skilled” players, I said “active” players

What I meant in saying that is the general noob who would log in and go “oh, I know Ant Man!” or someone that isn’t in the know would likely not do any arenas and leave the decision making to involved community members, making it a better representation than the general public.

People who care will invest time into the arena; those who don’t care will lose their voice. People who demonstrate caring by putting in a bit of time deserve more say than the people who run multiple Alt accounts for login rewards.
    See the thing your missing about community voting is: you want the community to actually vote. This isn't like beta testing where you simply want a sample size of the community, you should want as much as the community to vote as possible to get the best representation of the entire community. The noobs who choose Ant-Man because he's popular are still players in the community and Kabam wants them to be just as excited about an upcoming buff as the rest of us. That's the whole point of letting the community choose the next buff. To create excitement that wouldn't be generated if Kabam just announced another self selected buff. Your assertion that making votes more effort to place makes it a better representation is the opposite of the truth. It only makes it a more selective representation that puts some opinions above others. Not that it matters here cause it's just a damn game and honestly idc which one gets the buff, but in irl matters adding extra tedious steps to voting that discourages some people from participating to begin with is by definition voter suppression. To be clear, I'm not saying that's what Kabam is doing here cause that's overly dramatic. It's likely just an unforeseen side effect of Kabams terrible arena milestones.(Unforeseen by them at least. I never had hope the milestones would be good when they announced vote by arena)

Players with a smaller roster won't be able to cast all the votes, which defeats the purpose of a vote- to grant everyone an equal chance to provide their choice and for everyone's choices to be equally valuable. It's not even like the attached Rewards were any good; yeah, Units are alright, but PHC Shards? Seriously? It was a bad idea to make it an entire Arena, but if they so desperately wanted it to be so then they could've kept a single (or just a couple) of ballots as the first two Milestones and put the Units and GM Shards on the other ones, like the Lei Tai Arena.

Those that care, care. Those that dont, dont. This adds an aspect of 2 sides fighting for their favorite champion to get a buff. And pretty sure every star level champion puts up the same amount of points. Players that want ghost to get buffed now have to grind, and neither side is at a disadvantage. Same thing for players that want guilly to win. If it doesn’t seem fair to you, i can assume you dont want to grind for your champion. This was a great way to balance the votes out imo.

caring about the characters and caring about arena is two different things. this buff doesn't only affect arena, it affects every aspect of the game. no matter which character gets buffed, that new kit now applies to every game mode where you can either use or face against that champion. they're tying a community decision about a game wide character buff to a specific mode that not everyone in the community enjoys or wants to do. just because someone dislikes grinding arena doesn't make their desire to see a champion get buffed less meaningful. you shouldnt have to ``prove your dedication`` to be deemed worthy of having a vote

not even gonna retype anything new because my second quote already addresses that kinda response to my first quote