124»

Comments

• Options
    LiquidkoldLiquidkold Posts: 194 ★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

This is a nerf. They released a champ obviously with out testing him. It is not the communities fault , people found a way to maximize a champ that Kabam released. There should be compensation for anyone who grinded and bought crystals to get him. It is a nerf because it is changing the champ in a way that changes how you play him. I do believe that it is a needed change because it could break the game, but it does not change the fact people did buy something as it was and not how they are making him. There needs to be compensation for this action, there has to be accountability to Kabam.

People went for him due to damage not the whole stun lock but people who do stun lock are those that want rewards without putting in real effort and again its not a nerf its just a change of description to apply a different effect than stun sp1 still works the same so nothing has changed
    How is the stun lock any different then quaking champs to death. Why haven't they changed her. There does not say anything in her abilities that she can win a fight with out ever touching anyone. I am understand the stun lock needs to go away 100%, I am saying that they are changing a champ to make him worse then he was on release. If you bought a car with a V8 and then they say you can not have then anymore and put a V6 in, you would be pissed. The v6 does the same thing as the v8 as it makes the car move but the V8 has more power and can go faster. It is the same thing changing the champ after release. It is not right and there for they need to compensate the people who got this champ.
    Quake requires skill why can ghost not be touched also requires skill shang-chi medium light medium then medium light light light medium heavy sp1 constantly wheres the skill as there isnt any different to ronan is ronans requires buffs and very high sig to even stun lock and even then if not many buffs very unreliable but shang-chi was so much more than that
    The stun lock did take some skill. Ronan takes no skill to stun lock but has some requirements like you said, but it is easy when you can use it. Stun lock is part of the game clearly. Again I think they needed to change it, I am not auguring that, I am saying Kabam needs to be held accountable for the champs they release so there should be compensation to anyone that has him.
    Theres no need for comp but yes ur right kabam should of thought before hand about how shang chi stun was gonna interact but ronans is different due to is a requirement of 2 things sig and buffs otherwise doesnt work so in abyss at sig 182 it only works one fight where as shang-chi it was most fights so needed a change
    We agree he needed to be changed, but I do feel like Kabam needs held accountable to this and they should do something for compensation to the people who pulled this champ. If we do not hold them accountable they will keep doing this. Whether you or I like it people did spend real money to buy this champ due to an interaction Kabam did not account for. It is not like you could have gotten this champ for free since he is only in a unit crystal and the arena.
    Again, let me introduce you to something called "ToS"-

I understand the TOS, I get it. That does not make it less BS. They should be held accountable that is all. I know they will not, they have done this so many times. Does not mean people can not be upset. People will move on, like always.

Let me introduce you to why they are fine doing this
    unfortunately I know.....
  • Options
    BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    Honestly, I’m kind of bummed about the change. I understand that something needed to be done but as someone who didn’t even know about the stun loop, that sp1 stun really came in super clutch so many times to just finish the opponent when I miss calculated and brought them up to full sp3. I know it’s not the core reason people use him but you’d be super surprised how useful it was.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,551 ★★★★★
    So are you asking for compensation for something that shouldn’t have been in the game and you went for the champion because of that? Your line of reasoning confuses me.
  • Options
    Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 754 ★★★
    It honestly just goes to goes to show once again lack of testing. I do believe anyone who paid for crystals should get a refund but it won't happen. Don't really see the difference between this and the Odin change and yet no comp for this.
  • Options
    slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★

It honestly just goes to goes to show once again lack of testing. I do believe anyone who paid for crystals should get a refund but it won't happen. Don't really see the difference between this and the Odin change and yet no comp for this.

Totally difference, Odin case is, at that time, he has many flaws and ppl aim at him because his stackable buffs and kabam remove that, so asking refund is ok.
    But in Shang chi case, ppl aim for him because he does many things like slow, putify, insane sp2,... the sp1 thing only happen after the arena end, also sp1 cause an unhealthy gameplay more than odin did, no one would allow a character could make the opp stun for whole match in a fighting video game, so the change is reasonable,
    Not to metion, the change didn't affect any of his gameplay, damage, utility, because no body use sp1 in a rotation. Also this change may make his putify more practical when a match up that punish you for having debuffs.
  • Options
    slacker said:

Totally difference, Odin case is, at that time, he has many flaws and ppl aim at him because his stackable buffs and kabam remove that, so asking refund is ok.
    But in Shang chi case, ppl aim for him because he does many things like slow, putify, insane sp2,... the sp1 thing only happen after the arena end, also sp1 cause an unhealthy gameplay more than odin did, no one would allow a character could make the opp stun for whole match in a fighting video game, so the change is reasonable,
    Not to metion, the change didn't affect any of his gameplay, damage, utility, because no body use sp1 in a rotation. Also this change may make his putify more practical when a match up that punish you for having debuffs.
    I do see your point but it doesn't change the fact that he was built to perform the way he did just like Odin. Then once the community found a way to play/use the champ a way kabam hadn't intended, instant change. I'm not saying either champ wasn't busted before the change, my point and argument is the inconsistent way kabam deals with changes.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,325 ★★★★★

slacker said:

I do see your point but it doesn't change the fact that he was built to perform the way he did just like Odin. Then once the community found a way to play/use the champ a way kabam hadn't intended, instant change. I'm not saying either champ wasn't busted before the change, my point and argument is the inconsistent way kabam deals with changes.
    I think you'll find they have consistently acted on things that create an exploitable mechanic or unfair advantage. That's a priority. A very large one. This entire Player benefit vs. Kabam agenda comparison is imagined. Whenever something is exploitable or broken in a way that it could be game breaking, that moves to the front of the bus. You'll find the same in most games I can think of.
  • Options

slacker said:

I think you'll find they have consistently acted on things that create an exploitable mechanic or unfair advantage. That's a priority. A very large one. This entire Player benefit vs. Kabam agenda comparison is imagined. Whenever something is exploitable or broken in a way that it could be game breaking, that moves to the front of the bus. You'll find the same in most games I can think of.
    There is actually alot of evidence of pro player vs pro kabam instances. The most recent one I can think of is the persistent charge bug. It went on for how many months? But a fix to Odin and Shang-chi is fixed almost immediately. Again I'm not arguing the fact there was an imbalance, I'm saying that if people want a refund/comp for a champion they went after that is immediately changed it should happen.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

slacker said:

There is actually alot of evidence of pro player vs pro kabam instances. The most recent one I can think of is the persistent charge bug. It went on for how many months? But a fix to Odin and Shang-chi is fixed almost immediately. Again I'm not arguing the fact there was an imbalance, I'm saying that if people want a refund/comp for a champion they went after that is immediately changed it should happen.
    Fix to 1 champ vs a fix to an entire interaction. BTW, that bug is still active and no permanent solution as been found yet. Persistent charge mechanic can be temporarily fixed by restarting the game. So, while it is being worked on, interactions like Shang-chi and Odin come to the front of the line because of their immediate impact in the game. For Odin, they changed the champ for the better, for shang-chi, there was no major impact in the champion at all, so nothing was given.
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

slacker said:

Fix to 1 champ vs a fix to an entire interaction. BTW, that bug is still active and no permanent solution as been found yet. Persistent charge mechanic can be temporarily fixed by restarting the game. So, while it is being worked on, interactions like Shang-chi and Odin come to the front of the line because of their immediate impact in the game. For Odin, they changed the champ for the better, for shang-chi, there was no major impact in the champion at all, so nothing was given.
    Fair point. It was just an example of comparing pro player vs kabam issues.
  • Options
    Ultimately kabam can like many have pointed out just do whatever they want. That's why people should really not jump on these champs day one release.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,051 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

slacker said:

Fair point. It was just an example of comparing pro player vs kabam issues.
    Idk, how long have some of these lab fights been bugged? Months? They don’t exactly fix “pro player” bugs all that quickly
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,759 ★★★★★
    Shang-chi had a gamebreaking feature, which I understand had to be removed.

Now what with those who bought him? Well it would be naive to go for a champion who is obviously gamebreaking. Noone in their right mind would go for such a broken champ and didnt expect a nerf/fix (idc what you call it). However I think it'd be fair to offer a correction via some in-game form to those who bought him (sth like "do you wish a refund? Yes/No). I believe 99% of players would keep Shang.

My biggest concern is about Kabam's testing - it is strange how these cases have popped up recently. It sometimes feels like as if they havent tested at all, but it's surely not true
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    I didn't even know about the stun lock until after I took my 5* to R5. Stun lock should not exist by any champ, period. I have zero issue wih this balance.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,078 ★★★★★
    -sixate- said:

I didn't even know about the stun lock until after I took my 5* to R5. Stun lock should not exist by any champ, period. I have zero issue wih this balance.

Ronan?
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

-sixate- said:

Ronan?
    Ronan can't do that for every single fight can he? Shang Chi coul do it pretty much everywhere except stun immune.
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,368 ★★★★
    If the ability is obviously broken hence infinite stun lock, then it will be adjusted where it's fair.. I only have Shang-chi as a 4* but find him to be fun to play and if kabam kept the broken sp1 stun luck.. I still wouldn't use it. Back draft intercept is skill based if it were working right but unintentional and obvious blatantly broken (untested ability before releasing a good champion makes it seem like a nerf).. id rather rather improve my skill than become cheap player which requires no skill just keep doing the same sequence to win..
  • Options
    BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    I’m really surprised that no compensation has been announced considering this is a full fledge hard change.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,809 ★★★★★

I’m really surprised that no compensation has been announced considering this is a full fledge hard change.

Its not a hard change its something that kabam didnt know was gonna happen so no compensation is needed
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,102 ★★★★★

slacker said:

Kabam have even said that issue doesn't have a quick fix.

You're presuming that it's as easy as a button push and someone is sitting there acting like "Yeah, yeah, I'll get to it later..." when the reality is that issue is buried somewhere in the code and can't be yanked out without seriously affecting the game. You have to look at all the angles, you just can't focus on the ones that primarily affect you.
  • Options
    MajyqmanMajyqman Posts: 7

This is a nerf. They released a champ obviously with out testing him. It is not the communities fault , people found a way to maximize a champ that Kabam released. There should be compensation for anyone who grinded and bought crystals to get him. It is a nerf because it is changing the champ in a way that changes how you play him. I do believe that it is a needed change because it could break the game, but it does not change the fact people did buy something as it was and not how they are making him. There needs to be compensation for this action, there has to be accountability to Kabam.

It's not a nerf. It wasn't intended to happen. A nerf would be that his kit says "infinitely stun lock your opponent by doing this" and then Kabam removes that ability. That's a nerf.
    It is a nerd because they are taking away something that could potentially make a fight easier. That is the definition of a nerf. The stun lock was an accidental thing 100% but it Kabam is changing the champ after release regardless of how you look at it. They should not be able to do that. They are responsible for testing and release. We do not design the champs, just use what is given to us. They should have some accountably , that is all. We have seen this so many times. I know Kabam won't do anything for the players but I think they need to hear the people when they are not happy and when they make a mistake.
    Was it listed as part of is abilities? No.

Not a nerf.
    It was, actually, they've even highlighted the part they needed to change. Huh.