**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Champs that changed MCOC forever.

2»

Comments

• Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Now that I think about it, technically all champions were game-changing since each champion increased the number of total champions by one, therefore changing MCOC forever. Next time you pull Yondu as a 6*, don't get upset and just remember he is a game-changing champion.

Well, yes yondu was one of the first champs to have a non contact attack which caused bleeds and at the time was very troublesome. Thanks for the reminder.

Black Widow - ability accuracy reduction. Bypasses everything meaningful at the time.

Cyclops paired with magneto, black bolt. You literally took no damage from blocking. I believe his sig ability was “leadership”

Winter Soldier - makes us all better every day

100% agree. BW and AAR was a crash ability. Even now not sure if they can bring that back

Perfect block as well, gambit has that now , but it’s still such a ridiculous ability.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    Mephisto - introduced proximity based mechanics

Morningstar - introduced Persistent Charge

Human Torch - first Pre-Fight

Mister Fantastic - first Cross-Fight

Quake - first champ with brutally different playstyle from the rest

Those champs changed the game the most

• Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,309 ★★★★★
    Guardian
  • swmcswswmcsw Posts: 249 ★★
    Hemidal I'd say was first support champ, followed by Nick fury as far as benefits for your team. I used 4* NF for my LOL run with aegon for the extra attack. Hmm maybe modok first evade/ autoblock champ? KM with WS gave us our first good true strike I believe.
  • Normax_XNormax_X Posts: 540 ★★★
    kamala
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,677 ★★★★★
    The original Gods.

Basically responsible for an entire redesign of how the game mechanics operate.

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Human torch - the introduction of pre-fight ability.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Nobody's mentioned void yet? First champ that was introduced with the petrify mechanic, and also the first to affect passive power gain directly. In addition, I'm pretty he was the first to be able to inflict direct passive damage without needing an actual DoT effect.

At the time he came out, he was immediately a top 3 champ (arguably best for a large number of people), and was also the best war attacker for many paths at the time when war was still new. Around variant 1 release, he was the most important champ for chapter 3 of it (was virtually impossible at the time without him). Around act 6 release, he was one of the best champs for getting cav. So on, so forth.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    edited May 2021
    She hulk(after rework) is another champ who had a significant impact on the game...first champ with slow(along with spidergwen) and her heavy issue resulting in changing the heavy animations of quite a handful of champs
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,158 ★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Corvus Glaive. Once people discovered what he could actually do, he became the top champion for a long time.

Blade changed the meta as well.

I don’t remember for a good two years no champ had a dimensional being or villain title. That in my opinion was the first game breaking champ I witnessed change the entire game beside switch.

Corvus as well, but they haven’t really countered him yet.
    Mr sinister and ebony maw as corvus counters?
    SandeepS said:

Texas_11 said:

Corvus Glaive. Once people discovered what he could actually do, he became the top champion for a long time.

I don’t remember for a good two years no champ had a dimensional being or villain title. That in my opinion was the first game breaking champ I witnessed change the entire game beside switch.

Corvus as well, but they haven’t really countered him yet.
    Mr sinister and ebony maw as corvus counters?
    Yeah to a certain extent. But we saw how that went LOL.
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★

Omega red and Apocalypse
    Before these 2 Tenacity gave me nightmares but now it's alright
    Then kabam decides to make cleanse a thing....

Same
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    Archangel and his ability to shred anything not bleed and poison immune, plus crazy reliable AAR and he has held his value and even increased since his release.

Platinumpool introduced the first champion that you literally have to piece together, and the first champion that literally came with a profile pic (though many others exist, you can’t get Platpool without a pic), and his card system is totally unique. Love that guy.

Also, Mojo was the first character that was actually hideous (by design). Reminiscent of a futuristic Jabba the Hutt that discovered the internet and cybertronics.

Texas_11 said:

I’ll go first , this has to be something fundamentally changed the way the game works and how people progress.

Scarlet witch: LOL didn’t always have an enrage timer.

Actually, LoL has always had an enrage timer. It didn’t always have Dulled which was later removed and I think Limber which stayed after Dulled was removed.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/28/labyrinth-of-legends-spotlight
    You are right , it was actually nice to read through the text again again. The enrage timer was modified I believe to prevent SW from clearing it. It was some time ago. I have to do some digging and find the changes.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Corvus, ghost, quake: If it not 1 of them, it's a trash.

Apocalypse: The whole mutant class got buffed.
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    A very recent champion, but I’ll go with jabari panther because of her cleanse mechanic. It’s been introduced a month ago and two skill champs have this; so I’d say it’s safe to assume more skill characters will have cleanse. Most people focus on it as a nerf to apoc, but I see it as a door that leads to possibly ridiculous or cool buffs.
    One I’ve thought of for a bit was ‘Pure strike’ , which counters glancing along with evade and auto block
    I’m quite sure this will pop up in nodes and more champs, having to create another way to bypass this. (passive DOT, simply intercepting or maybe even a champ who cannot have their debuffs cleansed) My point is, this could mean other things are bypassed by new effects and create a sort of ‘jenga effect’ for lack of a better word in which new things are added again and again just because there’s a counter for the last thing. I’m not saying this WILL happe, but it’s definitely a possibility now. That’s my 2 cents
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

I don't think any champ has had the kind of nerf threads on the Forum that Blade got every day for weeks after his release.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    BuffBeast said:

A very recent champion, but I’ll go with jabari panther because of her cleanse mechanic. It’s been introduced a month ago and two skill champs have this; so I’d say it’s safe to assume more skill characters will have cleanse. Most people focus on it as a nerf to apoc, but I see it as a door that leads to possibly ridiculous or cool buffs.

One I’ve thought of for a bit was ‘Pure strike’ , which counters glancing along with evade and auto block
    I’m quite sure this will pop up in nodes and more champs, having to create another way to bypass this. (passive DOT, simply intercepting or maybe even a champ who cannot have their debuffs cleansed) My point is, this could mean other things are bypassed by new effects and create a sort of ‘jenga effect’ for lack of a better word in which new things are added again and again just because there’s a counter for the last thing. I’m not saying this WILL happe, but it’s definitely a possibility now. That’s my 2 cents
    I've always been of the opinion that glancing needs a way to bypass it. Maybe they are stumped because they made it so OP and broken since the release.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Pre 12.0 sw and Thor
    Then blade, everything revolves around him and the trinity for some time
    And then the obvious ghost and quake, think you could somewhat argue Corvus but more because of the timeout stuff
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Magik

The first reworked champion. Went from a bottom feeder to one of the best in the game.

Also, she hulk and spider gwen were the first two champs that were given the slow debuff.