**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Terrax Counter/Gauntlet

jdeck59jdeck59 Posts: 1,035 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Any advice for Terrax tomorrow? Lots of people said Magik but Kabam said it's made for Rank 3 six stars so that doesn't make sense πŸ™„. Seriously though, who do you all think?
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on
Β«1

Comments

• RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    BWCV
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    ...Namor?
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 β˜…β˜…
    Doom is armor break immune for terrax and can control the power from afar node and would also work for vision but will have to see rest of the quest fights to decide if it’s worth bringing him.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    Where does it say that the content is only for r3 6*. It implies it but does not explicitly say it is a requirement that you can only use them
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Doom is armor break immune for terrax and can control the power from afar node and would also work for vision but will have to see rest of the quest fights to decide if it’s worth bringing him.

Doom actually won't work. Terrax is immune to his power steal and thus negates how he would normally control the node.
    Sungj said:

terrax is immune to power drain effects from metal champs
    Oh yeah that’s true
    They did say there wouldn’t be any direct counters, some of the fights might be better to try and burst down. A lot of people use cable with Apoc synergy to fight terrax, ive used longshot before but I doubt I would want to bring those guys just for him.
  • JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 β˜…β˜…
    edited June 2021
    I plan to try with my r3 sorceror. Possibly man thing
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited June 2021
    Nvm
  • silentagsilentag Posts: 428 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited June 2021

I was thinking about my man thing since he would do well against villains. My only concern is that extra damage he gets off the armor breaks won’t apply to Terrax, so fight will take a bit longer. Was actually thinking about finally r5’ing my Magik in case she might help, plus also to have a r5 Magik 🀣
  • JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 β˜…β˜…
    silentag said:

I was thinking about my man thing since he would do well against villains. My only concern is that extra damage he gets off the armor breaks won’t apply to Terrax, so fight will take a bit longer. Was actually thinking about finally r5’ing my Magik in case she might help, plus also to have a r5 Magik 🀣
    My man thing and cosmic ghost rider go great together and are both r3. Will try.

• DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Power from Afar i always use Omega Red eventually .. if you wanna keep me close to you, then you're gonna suffer too lol
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited June 2021
    CapIW + either OgVision / Vision / IM (probably not IronMan πŸ˜…) - gets that 100% power drain after every special activation. CapIW would likely be solid for the Gauntlet... Really would like to see another 6* OgVision offer soon. But you have to have a non-Metal Tech to get the drain - which don't give you a ton of options and that's 3 spots
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Quake or Magik. The answer is probably gonna be quake...
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Ebony Maw
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

CapIW + either OgVision / Vision / IM (probably not IronMan πŸ˜…) - gets that 100% power drain after every special activation. CapIW would likely be solid for the Gauntlet... Really would like to see another 6* OgVision offer soon. But you have to have a non-Metal Tech to get the drain - which don't give you a ton of options and that's 3 spots

Very few tech champs are non metal. I used star lord when Terrax was introduced in the game for the side quest. Worked very well. But i think using bwcv is much better. Can shutdown powerful from afar, heal back all the damage from the rock field and can control his power too.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    Namor for me.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    You're gonna laugh, but Psylocke with the Mojo synergy. That's who I'm gonna use. My team for it will most likely be:
    6r3 Psylocke
    6r3 Mojo
    6r2 G2099
    5/65 Mags
    5/65 Apoc
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Even for powerful from afar?

True, but given we have 5 slots for 20 fights + 1 final Thanos boss, synergies might be a luxury we don’t have.

CptIW with petrify should work pretty well alone, since we will likely need a tech champ on the entire path.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    xNig said:

You can quake powerful from afar once you get into the corner. Add it to the list of nodes quake counters

xNig said:

You can quake powerful from afar once you get into the corner. Add it to the list of nodes quake counters
    That I know, with AAR shutting down the PFA node when concussion is on.