**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What are everyone's predictions for the Summer of Pain

Comments

• Mad_Titan72Mad_Titan72 Posts: 82

• Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 267 ★★★
    Immortal abomination with diss track, power focus 1, redoubled determination 3, unblockable specials
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

Yep pretty much what I was thinking
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Ercarret said:

I wouldn't be too surprised if a lot of the pre-nerfed Act 6 bosses come back to haunt the Contest. They are already designed to be hard, but got removed because they were too hard (or at least some nodes on them were).

I don't think that Kabam will just throw them in just as they were since they are still old bosses that many endgame players have faced, but I suspect that Kabam might consider them a good starting point.

I would actuly enjoy the Terror of the past now as a better Player with a better roaster.

Nameless Thanos back in April 2019 gave me Nightmares and now he was an easy fight in the Gauntlet.

Makes you realise that we all grow over time :)
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    Someone in my allaince said maybe past Aq bosses. Like venom, kang, ultron etc. Just with additional nodes and attack and hp.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Seraphion said:

Ercarret said:

I wouldn't be too surprised if a lot of the pre-nerfed Act 6 bosses come back to haunt the Contest. They are already designed to be hard, but got removed because they were too hard (or at least some nodes on them were).

I don't think that Kabam will just throw them in just as they were since they are still old bosses that many endgame players have faced, but I suspect that Kabam might consider them a good starting point.

Not me, personally I shrink
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

If I had to bet? Well we know there will be nine weeks.

Kang
    Thanos
    Maestro
    Collector
    Ultron
    Gauntlet Thanos from the Infinity War event
    The Champion
    Grandmaster
    Gwenmaster

And it also kinda fits with the whole first 3 weeks are a warm up theme since none of those defenders do a whole lot on their own
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,999 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

If I had to bet? Well we know there will be nine weeks.

Kang
    Thanos
    Maestro
    Collector
    Ultron
    Gauntlet Thanos from the Infinity War event
    The Champion
    Grandmaster
    Gwenmaster

And it also kinda fits with the whole first 3 weeks are a warm up theme since none of those defenders do a whole lot on their own
    How many gauntleted Thanii do we have right now, two or three? I could see one of them replace Ultron (I assume the list means the 5.4.6 Ultron boss).

And I’d definitely assume health pools will be waaaaaay up. Somebody said Summoner Showdown levels and I’d say either there or higher.

I don’t remember, has Kabam said if we are bringing full teams into this or are we capped in some way?
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Seraphion said:

Ercarret said:

I would actuly enjoy the Terror of the past now as a better Player with a better roaster.

Nameless Thanos back in April 2019 gave me Nightmares and now he was an easy fight in the Gauntlet.

Gauntlet Thanos doesn't have reverse controls though
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Kappa2g said:

Immortal abomination with diss track, power focus 1, redoubled determination 3, unblockable specials

Isn’t diss track pointless since he rolls with his own poisons?
    Replace it with Supercharge?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

Kappa2g said:

If it can be quaked, it won’t be considered “hard”. So, add in true strike.
  • Zeroj2kZeroj2k Posts: 146
    Disappointment..
    xNig said:

TyEdge said:

Kappa2g said:

Supercharge gives a power gain buff every 20 seconds or so. If the defender doesn't throw the specials. SP3 hehe...
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★

xNig said:

TyEdge said:

Kappa2g said:

Supercharge gives a power gain buff every 20 seconds or so. If the defender doesn't throw the specials. SP3 hehe...
    Except Concussion reduces AAR, which will prevent that node from triggering.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    edited June 2021
    Hoitado said:

Rogue with Aegis Heavy, Stun Immunity, Arc Overload, and Rage

Many counters to this tbh, void, torch, warlock
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    Kappa2g said:

Ghost easy
  • MojoHaterMojoHater Posts: 244 ★★
    Bruh honestly, they ain't releasing new content for cavs. Fomme, i am stuck at 6.2.6, and also stuck at v4.1.2, v7.3.1, v2.2.
    Have done initial run on v3.
    Side quest not rewarding enough, Cav EQ initial run completed, but too tough to explore. ROL completed, LOL needs waaay too many units.
    Need to develop my roster, but just not finding any content to do.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    MojoHater said:

Bruh honestly, they ain't releasing new content for cavs. Fomme, i am stuck at 6.2.6, and also stuck at v4.1.2, v7.3.1, v2.2.
    Side quest not rewarding enough, Cav EQ initial run completed, but too tough to explore. ROL completed, LOL needs waaay too many units.

There's already plenty of content for cavs, if you're not finding content to do you're not looking well enough
    I had this sudden doubt... The description until now doesn't tell us anything about the rewards (well technically it only says good rewards).
    So, would I have to defeat all the 10 champions to get the rewards? I'm pretty sure I can't, so just wanted to confirm.
    xNig said:

xNig said:

TyEdge said:

Kappa2g said:

Except Concussion reduces AAR, which will prevent that node from triggering.
    Oh yeah, I didn't know it would. Thank you!
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Chikel said:

Seraphion said:

Ercarret said:

Gauntlet Thanos doesn't have reverse controls though
    True but that would not had made a difference for me tho bc he didn't threw a single SP2.

Now compared to 2 years ago I know how to manipulate the AI a bit more :D
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,309 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Summer of pain-kabam pain, summoner gain😂😂 kabam will fix all the bugs and will give a free 6 star nexus for each bug fixed as compensation
  • demonslayer5demonslayer5 Posts: 158
    guys will summer of pain be similar to summoner smackdown ?
  • demonslayer5demonslayer5 Posts: 158
    i hope uncollected player will be able to access it
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

i hope uncollected player will be able to access it

Definitely. Not. Uncollected players have so much content to do. Why would you want access to content made for endgame players?
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    MojoHater said:

Not true. If you can't beat that champion boss or variants, that's not a lack of content on Kabam's part. Side quest is going to be rewarding as hell in the final chapter, this is just the beginning and its really easy. Cav EQ is explorable if you rank up the right 4 stars, and you don't *need to be able to explore it*. LOL isn't worth doing without Aegon.

The SQ and EQ are enough to build up your roster.