**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I'm stuck in Act 4.4 with incredible champions

12Cris1212Cris12 Posts: 18
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I was doing so well in Act 4 until I reached chapter 4. It's just too difficult, and there are no wow rewards. It's like a obligation, cause I gotta do it to progress, but I can't, im stuck. I have 4* Doctor Doom, 5* Iron Man Infinity War, 4* Domino, 4* Squirrel Girl and 5* Corvus. Pease make it easier or make rewards better.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Thanks_D9 Yeah I saw that today. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    winterhur no, i have tried a lot of times but I keep dying from getting hit 1 whole combo. Also I keep ranking them up and still I die from 1 whole combo, im literally starting, and I cant make 1 mistake :/ or I die
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    winterhur yea. I have great champs, but still im stuck :(
    Like u said, I cant get hit, and im not the greatest player
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,774 ★★★★★
    Maybe go to RoL and try to practise building up your combo and also attempting to avoid getting hit.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,774 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

Maybe go to RoL and try to practise building up your combo and also attempting to avoid getting hit.

Practicing on ROL WS is much more likely to develop bad habits due to the passive AI.
    Oh ... maybe that is why my intercept skills is real poor.
  • Options
    Thanks winterhur, ill try to practice in the new practicing thing and there too
  • Options
    IKON wdym with bad habits
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    12Cris12 said:

The AI in RoL is very passive, it's much harder to intercept because they will stand there and hold block. Practicing there can lead you to over rely on parry.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,670 Guardian
    12Cris12 said:

winterhur no, i have tried a lot of times but I keep dying from getting hit 1 whole combo. Also I keep ranking them up and still I die from 1 whole combo, im literally starting, and I cant make 1 mistake :/ or I die

Just out of curiosity, do you have the Dexterity mastery?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,670 Guardian
    12Cris12 said:

Also if you're a very new player, I would recommend Dork Lessons training series, particularly the videos on parry and dex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRPXxHrgDnY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPH60F-IETI
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

12Cris12 said:

Just out of curiosity, do you have the Dexterity mastery?
    Yes I have dex mastery
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    DNA3000 said:

12Cris12 said:

Also if you're a very new player, I would recommend Dork Lessons training series, particularly the videos on parry and dex:

Not a very very new player but thanks!! This could help me out. Thanks everyone
  • Options
    IKON said:

12Cris12 said:

The AI in RoL is very passive, it's much harder to intercept because they will stand there and hold block. Practicing there can lead you to over rely on parry.
    Ohhh ok
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Mr_Holl87 said:

When I got stuck in act 4 way back in the day, I went back and explored as much of act 4 as I could. Focus on exploring and run the monthly event quests as well. Take a break from pushing through act 4 and in the meantime, keep developing and practicing your skills and ranking up your champs. Come back to act 4 where you're stuck in a month and try again. Repeat this until you win the game. Good luck! :)

This is good advice. When you hit a wall, go back and explore, run other content and work on maintaining your combo. When you go back you may find you can do it. Also, I recommend running whatever level of AQ is a little harder than you are comfortable with.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,218 ★★★★★
    You'll be fine, everyone hits the wall of reality.
    People who got stuck at some point in there progressions are now Veterans with legendary Accounts.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,152 ★★★★★

Don’t get hit anymore.
    Utility champs are more important than the champs from the movies. So lesser known champs are some of the best.

He has doom and corvus I think he's doing ok on champion selection.
  • Options
    zaspacerzaspacer Posts: 115
    For me it was getting great regen champs (or other types of health saving champs), so I could keep up enough health to finish paths.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Good luck! Unfortunately this is part of the learning curve.

Act 4 is the first time that skill really makes a difference.

Make sure that you can do the following, and if not, go back to 4.1 and explore it and just focus on an aspect of the gameplay until you've got it consistently:

- Parry, rather than take a combo into block, (make sure you have 3 points in the parry mastery)
    - Get in the habit of not pushing opponents to three bars of power, as you get deeper into the game virtually every champion will have their SP3 active and it'll pretty much kill you.
    - Start to read the nodes and look at your roster to find the counters. Late in Act 4 is where little bits of utility do become important to continue progression. Of course with a 5* Corvus you can bypass the vast majority at this stage but it's a good habit to get into.
    - Learn how to dodge/dex special attacks, some are fairly easy - Ironman's for example - others have quirky timing like Spiderman's SP1 but this'll greatly reduce the chances of you dying from block damage.
    - Hold a combo, ultimately you need to be able to get into a fairly comfortable rhythm of MLLLM, Parry, MLLLM etc. and then dodge a special and get back into the fight.

This game only gets more punishing and complicated the deeper that you go so it's important that you can master the basics early on or you're just not going to have a great time. The Act 4 rewards are outdated because they're old and because player progression is so fast these days but just treat it as your learning play area.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

12Cris12 said:

Not a very very new player but thanks!! This could help me put. Thanks everyone
    Mr_Holl87 said:

When I got stuck in act 4 way back in the day, I went back and explored as much of act 4 as I could. Focus on exploring and run the monthly event quests as well. Take a break from pushing through act 4 and in the meantime, keep developing and practicing your skills and ranking up your champs. Come back to act 4 where you're stuck in a month and try again. Repeat this until you win the game. Good luck! :)

Thanks for the feedback, ill do that!
  • Options

Hey @12Cris12 - there's a lot of really good advice from experienced players at your disposal here, so I hope you can get something out of this and hopefully make some progress soon!

Yea, I see a lot of feedback here. Thanks!
  • Options
    Mauled said:

Good luck! Unfortunately this is part of the learning curve.

Act 4 is the first time that skill really makes a difference.

Make sure that you can do the following, and if not, go back to 4.1 and explore it and just focus on an aspect of the gameplay until you've got it consistently:

- Parry, rather than take a combo into block, (make sure you have 3 points in the parry mastery)
    - Get in the habit of not pushing opponents to three bars of power, as you get deeper into the game virtually every champion will have their SP3 active and it'll pretty much kill you.
    - Start to read the nodes and look at your roster to find the counters. Late in Act 4 is where little bits of utility do become important to continue progression. Of course with a 5* Corvus you can bypass the vast majority at this stage but it's a good habit to get into.
    - Learn how to dodge/dex special attacks, some are fairly easy - Ironman's for example - others have quirky timing like Spiderman's SP1 but this'll greatly reduce the chances of you dying from block damage.
    - Hold a combo, ultimately you need to be able to get into a fairly comfortable rhythm of MLLLM, Parry, MLLLM etc. and then dodge a special and get back into the fight.

This game only gets more punishing and complicated the deeper that you go so it's important that you can master the basics early on or you're just not going to have a great time. The Act 4 rewards are outdated because they're old and because player progression is so fast these days but just treat it as your learning play area.

Ill take that into consideration. Thanks for the help! This will help me
  • Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    Corvus should be able to solo all the lanes for you. Look up his playstyle. I did most of 4.4 exploration with my 4* corvus.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Corvus should be able to solo all the lanes for you. Look up his playstyle. I did most of 4.4 exploration with my 4* corvus.

Ill look up the playstyle and yes, Corvus is a beast, but im not a great player and with 1 combo I die, I need to practice