Options

I'm Sorry But How Is This Fair?

13»

Comments

• Options
    DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★

The beta was 4 months ago and didn't have all the same fights. Nor did it have Gwenmaster. He could keep all this practicing or whatever you want to label it but he's putting all his prep work out there for everyone to see, essentially doing the rank ups for you so that you don't have to unless you now want to. He can't practice 7.2 runs or anything. Most of the nodes in 7.2 are different than 7.1. I don't see any advantage that others don't have. There's tons of path guides available now as well and those are for everyone. People just think they have to be special.

Yes their have been some changes and also gwenmaster was not their but still most of it is same...
    Also the post is not only about lagacy(only his example is taken)..... Its about all the content creators.... I haven't seen any video on 7.2 beta which tells about the fastest champion to clear each fight. Who knows they might have done the calculations on beta but haven't made it public...
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,070 ★★★★★

Oh man, so Lagacy used the Content Creator Beta server to create content about a quest that came out 6 months ago for the entire world to view?

Just to clear something up, 7.2 has never been available on the CCP Beta server for a single second.

Y'all are just glossing over what Karatemike just said. 7.2 isn't available on the CCP beta server so this whole post is irrelevant.
    I think the point is more about the 7.2 beta that happened, I don’t think OP knew 7.2 wasn’t available on the CCP beta, as they’re different things.
    Even if he didnt know,its not like that point hasnt been conveyed in this conversation multiple times…at this point this is just a bunch of whiners wanting ccp members to use their personal items to give them all the information but neither of them would spend a single item to test something out for someone else
    Yeah I get you, I don’t think it’s just whiners though. I absolutely understand and agree that the betas and CCP do provide an advantage. I’d love to be able to rank up any champion I want just to test, without any consequence. I’d love to get to a boss and use a counter I think could work without spending any of my own items or units. That is an advantage. I’d love to be able to try out 7.2 or 3 before it gets here and give it a go.

But on the other hand, I think the CCP and betas bring a great wealth of knowledge and information to the game. I think it’s a massive positive to the community at large. Betas are self explanatory, without them, we would have had a very different 7.1. They easily help the community.

The CCP make incredible content with new champions, and are very informative. I love using them to gauge how good new champions are going to be, and I’m saving up for the next featured 6* crystals all because of the CCP videos made on Shang and mr negative.

There’s pros and cons, anyone who says it’s no big deal that CCP and beta players get unlimited resources and all the testing they want, is underselling it a bit. It’s a huge perk a lot of us would absolutely love. But at the same time, anyone who thinks it should be removed is forgetting the massive benefit they serve the community. I think it’s pretty evident that the pros outweighs the cons personally.
    The beta was 4 months ago and didn't have all the same fights. Nor did it have Gwenmaster. He could keep all this practicing or whatever you want to label it but he's putting all his prep work out there for everyone to see, essentially doing the rank ups for you so that you don't have to unless you now want to. He can't practice 7.2 runs or anything. Most of the nodes in 7.2 are different than 7.1. I don't see any advantage that others don't have. There's tons of path guides available now as well and those are for everyone. People just think they have to be special.
    Whatever you say, it is a fact that doing the content before gives you an advantage. Whether that advantage is too much is up to kabam and they’ve decided that the pros of beta testing outweigh the cons of beta testers getting an advantage.

You’re ignoring logic here I’m afraid - having the option of both doing a fight and reading a guide is more beneficial than only reading a guide. That’s not an opinion, it is a fact.
    You're predicating all this on Legacy remembering each path and fight from the 7.2 beta. Remembering each path nodes and everything else about the 7.2 beta. You're also assuming that he was part of the feedback team for Gwenmaster beta, which we'll never know.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

Oh man, so Lagacy used the Content Creator Beta server to create content about a quest that came out 6 months ago for the entire world to view?

Just to clear something up, 7.2 has never been available on the CCP Beta server for a single second.

Y'all are just glossing over what Karatemike just said. 7.2 isn't available on the CCP beta server so this whole post is irrelevant.
    I think the point is more about the 7.2 beta that happened, I don’t think OP knew 7.2 wasn’t available on the CCP beta, as they’re different things.
    Even if he didnt know,its not like that point hasnt been conveyed in this conversation multiple times…at this point this is just a bunch of whiners wanting ccp members to use their personal items to give them all the information but neither of them would spend a single item to test something out for someone else
    Yeah I get you, I don’t think it’s just whiners though. I absolutely understand and agree that the betas and CCP do provide an advantage. I’d love to be able to rank up any champion I want just to test, without any consequence. I’d love to get to a boss and use a counter I think could work without spending any of my own items or units. That is an advantage. I’d love to be able to try out 7.2 or 3 before it gets here and give it a go.

But on the other hand, I think the CCP and betas bring a great wealth of knowledge and information to the game. I think it’s a massive positive to the community at large. Betas are self explanatory, without them, we would have had a very different 7.1. They easily help the community.

The CCP make incredible content with new champions, and are very informative. I love using them to gauge how good new champions are going to be, and I’m saving up for the next featured 6* crystals all because of the CCP videos made on Shang and mr negative.

There’s pros and cons, anyone who says it’s no big deal that CCP and beta players get unlimited resources and all the testing they want, is underselling it a bit. It’s a huge perk a lot of us would absolutely love. But at the same time, anyone who thinks it should be removed is forgetting the massive benefit they serve the community. I think it’s pretty evident that the pros outweighs the cons personally.
    I for the whole am fine with the CCP beta but you can't argue it doesn't give an advantage. A lot of paths have changed from the beta but a lot have remained the same and among them, a ton of new node and interactions requiring different playstyles, etc. You can read all you want but the fact is that the CCP members got to practise some of those nodes and that's a whole different thing to just reading. The grandmaster fight is the biggest example of this, people spend months preparing and reasearching but they still struggle because they don't have experience with the fight.

However, it was 4 months ago which is a decent amount of time and a lot has changed in the beta still so the advantage is fairly small. And it's a trade off most people will take in return for the entertainment and knowledge value the CCP brings.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Whatever you say, it is a fact that doing the content before gives you an advantage. Whether that advantage is too much is up to kabam and they’ve decided that the pros of beta testing outweigh the cons of beta testers getting an advantage.

You’re ignoring logic here I’m afraid - having the option of both doing a fight and reading a guide is more beneficial than only reading a guide. That’s not an opinion, it is a fact.
    You're predicating all this on Legacy remembering each path and fight from the 7.2 beta. Remembering each path nodes and everything else about the 7.2 beta. You're also assuming that he was part of the feedback team for Gwenmaster beta, which we'll never know.
    I’m not talking about lagacy in particular, having done a fight before means you have experience with it. And since the beta is open for a long time, you can practice it a lot more.

I haven’t fought the champion boss in a pretty long time, but my experience fighting him puts me at an advantage to someone who has only read about him.
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

I’m not talking about lagacy in particular, having done a fight before means you have experience with it. And since the beta is open for a long time, you can practice it a lot more.

I haven’t fought the champion boss in a pretty long time, but my experience fighting him puts me at an advantage to someone who has only read about him.
    You are talking to a wall. Every time this has come up, his argument has always been the same. There are tons of videos available for everyone so they can see that and one shot everything. Practicing a fight does not give an advantage has always been his argument.
    And the same goes for you people on the opposite side. So it's really walls speaking to walls. You'd think that with all this "practice", you'd have more people from the CCP and everyone from the beta tests in the top 100 right? Oh, wait, hardly anyone from the beta for 7.1 made the legends run top 100... Gotcha.

I have my beliefs and you have yours. You're just as stuck to yours as I am to mine. It's a discussion or debate. Whatever you want to call it. My view is a "wall" and so is yours. 🤷 You're treating me like I'm insulting everyone when I'm not.
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

You are talking to a wall. Every time this has come up, his argument has always been the same. There are tons of videos available for everyone so they can see that and one shot everything. Practicing a fight does not give an advantage has always been his argument.
    And the same goes for you people on the opposite side. So it's really walls speaking to walls. You'd think that with all this "practice", you'd have more people from the CCP and everyone from the beta tests in the top 100 right? Oh, wait, hardly anyone from the beta for 7.1 made the legends run top 100... Gotcha.

I have my beliefs and you have yours. You're just as stuck to yours as I am to mine. It's a discussion or debate. Whatever you want to call it. My view is a "wall" and so is yours. 🤷 You're treating me like I'm insulting everyone when I'm not.
    I was specifically talking about your belief that practice does not matter. Anyone with a little common sense will say that actual fighting improves gameplay than watching them.
    You are assuming that everyone from the beta goes for legends runs. They don't. We have several people state that in the forums. This legends run will be different due to the VPN ban, so let's see how many people from the beta qualify for the legends runs. Previous ones had mercs involved a lot. Their times were low because of, you know, practice. We had Lagacy make a video of it during 6.4 run I believe.
    OP's point was that CCP members had an advantage, which is true. The argument was also that Beta testers had an advantage, which is also true. But, both are a trade off. They spend their time doing videos, testing champs, testing content and clearing some early bugs and some of them also give valuable feedback, the No retreat node was worse in the beta if people remember that. But, the practice gives them an advantage, that is not a belief, its a fact. There is a reason we say "Practice makes perfect" and not " Watching makes perfect" 🤷.I have no problem with that because the trade off is no one agrees to test and we get a bugged content.
    I never said practice doesn't matter. Being in the beta forums and seeing all the videos out there, I don't see anyone practicing for a legends run in the beta.

Honestly, how many people that are in the beta religiously practiced for a legends run.

Also, looking at 7.2, how many fights are defenders we've never seen before. Just 1.

CCP members don't have 7.2 on the CCP server, so the only time they'd have access to it is if they participated in the beta test.

Mercs had "practice" because they did it multiple times for different people. Highly doubt any of the mercs were actually on the beta test invites.

Again, yes absolutely practice can help. I just don't see someone spending 100's of hours in the beta practicing for a legends run. You don't hear anyone bragging about or really even mentioning it. Let's say someone does but a new champ comes out that will help get a better time possibly. That champ wasn't available during the beta and it's now closed. You're now taking a new champ that you haven't practiced on 7.2 in.

On top.of all that, they did switch up defenders as well and Gwenmaster wasn't in the beta which is the toughest fight in 7.2. No one in the beta had access to her fight and most likely only a handful of people were involved in her testing before 7.2 release.

I'm done with this whole thing though. My personal opinion is that the beta isn't some huge fantastically great advantage that it's being touted. Is there some fraction of an advantage sure. It's no more of an advantage than vs someone that can afford big boy boosts vs someone who has to grind arena or can't afford to drop money on them.

It's no more of an advantage than someone have Ghost at R3 6* and someone else who doesn't. There's tons of advantages that others have over everyone competing. None of it is astronomically bigger than the other.
  • Options
    MattMan said:

MattMan said:

CCP beta is absolutely an advantage and everyone should have access to the freebies to test rank ups and counters as often as they want.

Figured you'd be here for this post. You say the same thing every time.

Get a YouTube channel and make it successful then you can have your perceived advantage.
    And I knew you’d be here arguing for the sake of arguing.

CCP beta is a huge advantage, I’m sorry you don’t see it.
    I just don't care. What they do has no effect on my account. If I wanted that "advantage" I'd work to get to where they are. But I'm not a narcissist like you.
This discussion has been closed.