**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why to improve F2Ps condition

2»

Comments

• Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

kabam's revenue fell last month

Last quarter I believe.

And it seems that they’ve taken many steps to increase interest in the game for paid players.

If revenue keeps going down, we’re going to need a new game at some point.
    There are many factors why revenue fell. One of them being that there was a massive once in a hundred year pandemic that prevented a lot of people from working for a long time, and forced them to make cutbacks on where they spent money on luxuries.

Saying that revenue fell last quarter isn't surprising when you look at outside influences in the world.
    Regardless of why it fell, revenue fell. Just like all the other businesses in the world, they want to generate revenue, not give out free stuff as a priority.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    You aren’t stuck, you just aren’t pursuing alternative solutions. When I had no high damage bleed immunes for 6.1.5 CB (while he still had biohazard), I just pushed through with items because I had a massive 4hour crystal stash. In the two months you were “stuck”, you could have grinded units from arena and been able to push through.
  • Options
    Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★
    Why would Kabam make it easier for people to not give them money? And F2P Players leaving the game has no impact on the financials of the game.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    I understand that 6.2.2 can be a bit of a roadblock, but you don't have to push through it right away. After I became Cavalier, I basically stopped doing story content for a very long time and focused on other content. I ran the Variants, completed the EQs and side quests, all kinds of other stuff to beef up my roster before continuing. There is no need to rush anything. Just do the content that's there for you. If you don't have the champs required to progress in the story, then maybe you're not at a point where you should progress there. Maybe just take a step back and focus on building your roster through other means.

You still have a long way to go before becoming Thronebreaker. It is perfectly possible to do without spending any money on the game (I completed Act 6.3 and onwards without spending a dime), but you need to take it slow if you do. While I dislike the "just git gud" crowd, they still do have a point. It seems like you are at a point where you don't have what it takes to progress in the story. And that's fine. Story progression is not the be-all, end-all of things.

If you just rush through Act 6, chances are high that you'll just hit another roadblock when you're required to r3 a 6* champion for the Thronebreaker title. That was never a problem for me since I had earned a lot of t5cc in various content scattered throughout the game prior to my fight with the Grandmaster, but if you just bullrush your way to him it'll be a slog to gather those resources. Chances are that the way there won't be particularly fun either, if you don't have the skills or the roster to complete it within some kind of reasonable effort.

I suggest you run the variants or Cav difficulty in the EQ. They'll slowly teach you important skills that will benefit you greatly when you do progress in the story side of things, and they'll help you out when it comes to growing your roster as well. Just take a breath, look around at what content you can do besides the story quest, and expand your account (and general skill level) before moving forward. You'll be surprised by how much such a break can do for you. After mine, I was both a much better player and had a much better roster of champions, which meant that I could complete all of that content as a f2p player.
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★

P2ps are 80% better in this game.Every month there's something cool for paid players.
    Like i'm stuck on 6.2.2 for like 2 months now, cuz i'm getting no counters.If i was a p2p, i would have bought ton of cavs and crystal shards, and got a counter. I've never got a featured cav. p2ps get extra july 4th deals, and we keep on hoarding units.

We also need to avoid the day when we have to pay to download the game. What if we have to pay to get summoner appreciation and Christmas gift one day?
    p2p also have summoner sigil advantage. I mean u can give it for free for a week in a month?

SWS only for p2ps. wow!! These things are becoming the reason people are leaving game and downfall of kabam's revenue.

What are ur thoughts?

How much do you think the average player spends? You make it sound like anyone who spends is drowning in crystals and has had the sigil since it's creation.

It sounds like your problem isn't because of your lack of spending but because of your lack of skill
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,696 Guardian
    ItsDamien said:

Last quarter I believe.

And it seems that they’ve taken many steps to increase interest in the game for paid players.

There are many factors why revenue fell. One of them being that there was a massive once in a hundred year pandemic that prevented a lot of people from working for a long time, and forced them to make cutbacks on where they spent money on luxuries.

Saying that revenue fell last quarter isn't surprising when you look at outside influences in the world.

ItsDamien said:

Last quarter I believe.

Not to mention they released almost 0 content and the new champions released were underwhelming. Frankly, Kabam smashed it out of the park with no new reason to spend in game.
    Actually, the main reason why revenue went down in Q1 2021 is because it always goes down in Q1. It went down in Q1 2020, it went down in Q1 2019, and it went down in Q1 2018.

It always goes down in Q1 because it is always high in the fourth quarter.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,165 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Last quarter I believe.

Regardless of why it fell, revenue fell. Just like all the other businesses in the world, they want to generate revenue, not give out free stuff as a priority.
    Every company has a bad first quarter. Black friday is a term due to the company's revenue numbers changing from red (in debt) to black (revenue) and that's why they are able to have sales. Because it's all bonus from there. Black friday is in the 4th quarter (Oct, Nov, Dec). January is normally a new fiscal year, and they build up revenue again.
  • Options
    AddictorAddictor Posts: 393 ★★★
    edited June 2021
    Hey I respect f2p, and I do think sometimes f2p is good cos you don’t get hurt after spending so much money. But hey I don’t get your point, cos why do you get valuable things as p2p or get progression as fast as p2p? This is economic world, everything is based on money, if you want to make your account better, why don’t you pay? I mean you can spend time as well as money to build up your roster. I don’t get it when ppl don’t pay anything and still want to be equal to p2p. This game is PAY TO WIN, every single mobile game is. You can play this game for free just like Brian, but you cannot expect too much or get same roster as big whales. Btw, kabam doesn’t care too much about f2p, cos they can’t get anything from you guys. So don’t overrate yourself.