**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who did you use for Summer of Pain Week 2?

Comments

• Sparx265Sparx265 Posts: 268
    AA wrecked it.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★

Got the solo!

With only 44 hits, using a 5*.... no you didn't.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Sunspot. The main problem is that his entire ramp up is wasted if you dex by accident because you lose all flare stacks when you’re shocked. Luckily, the Mr Sinister AI seemed to be willing to play along and throw his sp1 out of the dex range. Then it’s just a matter of throwing 3-4 sp1’s, then spamming sp2.

The regen from crits can be mitigated with the despair mastery and the mutant power boost makes it super easy to get to the sp2 quickly. Probably 10 or so tries before I got a one-shot
  • MastroDisastrosMastroDisastros Posts: 41
    If anyone is struggling, here is a video showcasing 8 different counters to Week #2 Mr Sinister

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su2boY5LVbw
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    I’ve been using Emma although I haven’t actually gotten him down yet. I’m trying to solo him because I’m afraid if I use revives then he’ll start the fight with multiple science buffs that increase his regen rate. So far I think my best run has been getting him to 32% then dying because of lag. I’ve slowly been doing better and better so hoping I can get the full finish soon
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

Aside from the 'turn-off-dex mod' node, this week is honestly pretty fun. Love it when you have lots of options instead of 'just use Counterman'.

Wish they would've just made a node that disabled dex instead though, so I wouldn't have to mess with masteries.

Did you use Doctor Doom? he was my only counter and believe you me, it was NOT fun. The very opposite in fact.
  • ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
    For those who used AA, is his Sig ability being at a particular level important?
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★

Alot of restarts later, it was done in one go. Not for lack of failing tho.
  • JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★
    Saiyan said:

Nice. I tried that a couple of times before sunspot. Did you use a preflight? I was trying power burn but never got to 100 combo. He did not cooperate with his specials.

• IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    AA solo. Easy peasy
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★

Saiyan said:

Nice. I tried that a couple of times before sunspot. Did you use a preflight? I was trying power burn but never got to 100 combo. He did not cooperate with his specials.

It took ALOT of restarting. Mostly due to having a low end phone so longer fights are a nightmare for me. Generally I'd block his SP1s over and over and a few times dexed his sp2 which doesnt give you the dex buff cuz you're concussed. The other benefit to being concussed is you can quickly push him to a SP1 and dex3ut while the Concussion is still on you, it gives a few combo or two with no worries about the Shock.

You can also freely push him to a sp3 once you have a sp1 to use as it will always drop him below a SP1.

Just takes time but it's not to bad, I kept getting him lower and lower till I finally got him.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,263 ★★★★★
    Doom, 1 revive needed
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    I took the advice and used Doom. Only 2% health left at the end and 400+ hits, but it was a one shot.

• o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★
    Mr Fantastic, with dex off and all pre-fights on. No DoT so no specials, but the debuffs keep Sinister's regen and power down. Heavy frequently to refresh those debuffs. Bait sp1s to place the careful study passive. Took me about 350 hits, no revives needed.

Not saying he's a top counter, but if you have a ranked up Mr F and you're comfortable using him, it's very doable.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    So far I’ve soloed him with Sunspot and Doom. I’m going to try to get him down with AA and Warlock next
  • mmmbanyasmmmbanyas Posts: 131 ★★

6* r3 so wasn’t really difficult for me. Got tagged once but that is with the pre fight activated, found it easier and less annoying than not using the pre fight like others have been.
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Sansput. Considering trying with my r5 electro for the memes but electro crits a lot so it’ll take a while
  • AztecAztec Posts: 293 ★★
    edited June 2021
  • HeattblasttHeattblastt Posts: 254 ★★
    This sinister is not in his true form. I wonder who could have soloed mr sinister if they had put caustic temper node on him like originally it was.
    ddom said:

For those who used AA, is his Sig ability being at a particular level important?

@ddom Ideally you want to have roughly sig 100 because then you pretty much shut off ability accuracy completely with 3 neurotoxin (around 32-33% per stack). Otherwise, at sig 1 it’s 25% AAR per neurotoxin, so you’d need 4 neurotoxins for safety. It’s just easier to keep up 3 neurotoxins than 4
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,146 ★★★★★
    571 hits using doom + sp2

This sinister is not in his true form. I wonder who could have soloed mr sinister if they had put caustic temper node on him like originally it was.

That would be stupid difficult. You wouldn’t even be able to use the Heimdall synergy because you can only bring 1 champion. That would leave Cap Marvel Movie, Black Bolt, Dragon Man, OG Hulk, Hyperion, Medusa, and Kamala Khan for poison immunes with access to a fury buff, plus Angela and maybe Crossbones I guess plus any others I missed, and none of those are ideal counters for Mr Sinister in the first place.

Like yeah I know it’s doable since the original boss existed (though it’s health wasn’t as much) but it’s still kind of mean for a 1 champion limit fight
  • AceOfDiamondAceOfDiamond Posts: 197 ★★
    Used Archangel. Cost me 1 revive because I am lazy and did not want to do it again for the solo.
  • ZeepZorpZeepZorp Posts: 111 ★★
    6* r1 Sunspot. Got the one-shot, but baiting out those sp1s were annoying when he wouldn't throw it and my incinerates fell off.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    I used Doom I couldn't beat rouge last week but this week I did beat sinister
  • rishisairishisai Posts: 56

Warlock , parry heavy sp3 rotation

• JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    edited June 2021

Guillotine 2099. Turn off dexterity.