**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Help me understand the complains

GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
Hey guys, I'm from Peru, so my mates on my Ali and Facebook, telegram or asmny social network are pretty much Latin American people.

Also on this forum I read people from everywhere and they all complaining about SoP.

This week most people say that it's just too restrictive, too hard and so on.

These complains come from cavalier players and I just don't understand why are they making such a big deal.

It was stated from the very first annowthat summer of pain was going to be a pain in the a$$, a unit spend quest. So far the three fights we had were actually skill based and yes TB players probably show off solos of these fights using R3 champs, but then again, no one is forced to solo eveey single fight.

I'm TB and I solo all the fights so far, probably I'll keep doing it, but a friend of mine is cavalier and he actually completed this fights using a couple of revives and boosts, THAT'S IT.

As I see this quest, so far, there's no need to complain or nerf any aspect, cavalier players just need to remember when they bet the collector using as many revives and boosts as needed.

So that's my opinion, maybe I'm wrong.

Comments

• TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    edit: crappy ISP-induced double-post
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Disgruntled people tend to be more vocal than those who are content.

Yeah, the complainers are a small subsection of the cav community, but by the amount they talk about it they appear as the majority
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    I would’ve been fine with this fight in SoP if it weren’t classified as a “Warm-Up” Fight
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,009 ★★★★★
    Hoitado said:

I would’ve been fine with this fight in SoP if it weren’t classified as a “Warm-Up” Fight

Upon closer inspection of the announcement, the only reason it’s considered a warm-up is because it does not have an objective associated with it.

So what that translates to is… hold onto your butts for the next six weeks.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Wouldn’t be surprised if we see a version of 6.2.5 Mordo soon - then the real crying will start
    FiiNCH said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if we see a version of 6.2.5 Mordo soon - then the real crying will start

Eh, I don’t think they’ll go back to that one. Do Not Go Gentle is solved with a single revive and Strength in Numbers is irrelevant for a single champion challenge. Also, they just used that quest for a Carina’s Challenge. Those were the primary challenges for him, as I recall.

It’s possible, but I think they’ll look elsewhere for inspiration.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

FiiNCH said:

Eh, I don’t think they’ll go back to that one. Do Not Go Gentle is solved with a single revive and Strength in Numbers is irrelevant for a single champion challenge. Also, they just used that quest for a Carina’s Challenge. Those were the primary challenges for him, as I recall.

Yeah they’re all good points - perhaps that means we won’t see the champion fight in SOP either
    FiiNCH said:

Wicket329 said:

FiiNCH said:

Yeah they’re all good points - perhaps that means we won’t see the champion fight in SOP either
    If we see the Champion, it’ll specifically be the No Retreat variant of him since that is different from what the Challenges have us doing.

Besides an Emma Frost and Venom, I really don’t know who I’d expect. Maybe one of the V1 Ultron bosses with limited counters? I remember those guys giving me fits back at the time.
  • FiiNCH said:

If they do that, I'm coming for you
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Because they are scrubs who want everything handed to them a silver platter. This content is supposed to be hard. This Mysterio kicked my butt (I had use 5/65 Claire and a few revives because I was both playing sloppy and didn't have good counter) and I have a pretty darn expansive roster.
  • MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    I think because it's only 1 fight, it makes it very tantalising.
    We see the rewards and feel like it's within reach, reality can be painful sometimes but, we all have to face it now and then.

For the record, I haven't beaten him yet and I'm cav, pretty average player.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    To OP,

Because complaining on the forums about fights being impossible and overtuned and hard and tedious and niche, is more emotionally acceptable than admitting they’re not as skilled as they thought they are.
  • GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    Man I had the dang solo in my hand using Apoc and slipped up literally right before getting him into assassins range. At that point I said whatever and ate a rev to finish him off lol. I can live with that.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,212 ★★★★★
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going...
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Some people just like to complain. You can't please everyone ever.

I work in retail. People complain about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.
    *customer banging on our locked door*
    "Sorry I can't let you in, it's 23:05 we're closed"
    "But I need milk"
    "You've had from 6am till 11pm to come get milk"
    "But I didn't need it then, I need it now, let me in"
    "No"
    "I want to speak to your manager, this isn't fair"

Some people also just think they're entitled to the rewards bc they want them, therefore they should be easy to get.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

The issue is, many of the players completed the nerfed 6.1, and have seen repeatedly in the past from kabam, if they kick, scream and cry enough, they'll nerf it.

They must be misremembering, because nerfing content just because players complain about it is actually very uncommon. Usually when they nerf content it is for a reason that goes beyond players just complaining about it, generally some data-driven reason or some obvious miss in the original intent of the content design.
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Gildenlow said:

These complains come from cavalier players.

I'm cav and I'm not complaining. I tell the complainers to git gud.