**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

[MERGED] Parry Issue Fix

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    LSUCools said:

I guess we all have to record every dang fight we do.

Doom was in his block stance on screen, I took the hit from proxima in 7.1.4 into the block and it registered as a hit, took the combo from me, and didn’t even knock me down.

I swear parries are tinkered with as the month goes on cause the timing is always a little different it seems but this is a joke.

Guess we were clearing too much content after July 4th!!

You don't need to record every fight. Record until you can show what's effecting you. Then upload it to youtube and post the link here.
  • Options
    DrZola said:

Nocko said:

Hey everybody,

Want to confirm that we are investigating this on our end. If you have the time and the answers to the following questions, it could help us find the root of the issue.

• When did parry fail when previously it wouldn't? Was it an early parry? a late parry?
    • What were the effects of parry failing? Did you get hit into the block? did you not block at all and get hit instead?
    • Did you see the character block before you took the hit?
    • Do these parry issues occur when you try to re-parry or the first-time parry?

- Both late and early parry
    - missed parry, took combo
    - Yes, did look like the character was blocking
    - Not on re-parry, just first up parry

Just quit my incursions run because it was unplayable, no chance of hitting the milestones i want with this issue going on.
    Hopefully it's fixed before content drop tomorrow
    I had no problem completing 10 rooms of sector 8 an hour or so ago.
    Are you trying to get banned?
    Why? I'm just commenting my experience.
    No you aren't. You are purposefully antagonizing people and belittling their experience. I am not experiencing what they are either and I have posted a video showing that parry seems to be working just fine for me. That doesn't mean it's not working or something isn't working for others. There are some legit concerns with this as you can see in the few videos that were posted.
    No I'm not. I could say the sky is blue and someone would disagree and get upset. I can't control people's reactions.
    You sure about that?

This is a relevant piece of info for players and Miike. An answer would be helpful.

Dr. Zola
    100% agree with you but I don't think you'll get a relevant answer from him.

I'm running an LG V60, latest game update and android 11. I posted a video earlier and I don't seem to have the issues others are experiencing.
  • Options
    RicoscoRicosco Posts: 142 ★★
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Nocko said:

Hey everybody,

Want to confirm that we are investigating this on our end. If you have the time and the answers to the following questions, it could help us find the root of the issue.

• When did parry fail when previously it wouldn't? Was it an early parry? a late parry?
    • What were the effects of parry failing? Did you get hit into the block? did you not block at all and get hit instead?

- Both late and early parry
    - missed parry, took combo
    - Yes, did look like the character was blocking
    - Not on re-parry, just first up parry

Just quit my incursions run because it was unplayable, no chance of hitting the milestones i want with this issue going on.
    Hopefully it's fixed before content drop tomorrow
    I had no problem completing 10 rooms of sector 8 an hour or so ago.
    Are you trying to get banned?
    Why? I'm just commenting my experience.
    No you aren't. You are purposefully antagonizing people and belittling their experience. I am not experiencing what they are either and I have posted a video showing that parry seems to be working just fine for me. That doesn't mean it's not working or something isn't working for others. There are some legit concerns with this as you can see in the few videos that were posted.
    No I'm not. I could say the sky is blue and someone would disagree and get upset. I can't control people's reactions.
    You sure about that?

This is a relevant piece of info for players and Miike. An answer would be helpful.

Dr. Zola
    100% agree with you but I don't think you'll get a relevant answer from him.

I'm running an LG V60, latest game update and android 11. I posted a video earlier and I don't seem to have the issues others are experiencing.
    Agreed. It appears to be a mostly/exclusively iOS issue. Which should give Android players something to cheer about.

Dr. Zola
    I run my main on an S20FE and my alt on an iPhone 11 and I can tell you it's both sides of the fence, I barely scraped through UC 1.1 and I whooshed my entire inventory or revs and pots plus some more to get 1k 6* shards from side quest (terrax/purgatory)
  • Options
    turk1shturk1sh Posts: 15
    edited July 2021
    does anyone else have problems with parry? I lost 7-8 revives because I missed parry, I think it's a bug or something…. it’s inadmissible some people spend units for revive and money for units…
    Post edited by Kabam Valiant on
  • Options
    LSUCoolsLSUCools Posts: 49

Hey everybody,

Stopped working for me after the update. Timing was consistent with similar gameplay where parry activated.

Had both where parry didn’t block at all or it wrecked me through the block. Even had block stance and full damage still got me from a defender sp2.

Both yes and no.

First time parry and re-parry.
  • Options

• Options
    edited July 2021

• Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Hey everybody,

1) Both parry and dexterity timing has changed. Parry at fight start and throughout fight feels slow to activate, but at the same time, what would normally be a clean evade winds up a parry. My controls feel slower/AI response faster.
    2) Ate a combo. Also parried when I was trying to evade.
    3) Honestly, can’t recall
    4) First time for now. No way I would try to reparry under these conditions.

May want to check with some of the CCP folks and other established community members on this. @RichTheMan , @Agent_X_zzz , Kam

Dr. Zola
    For me it feels rather more of an input drop/delay rather then an actual parry issue itself. I go for the parry/reparry as normal but for some reason it does not register.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    JuroSan said:

@Kabam Miike My guess is you added the perfect parry and dex mechanics for Hercules and that messed up the parry and dex for all the champions
    I updated the game and tested bunch of fights and here is what is happening:
    Unless your parry or your dex is a perfect parry or perfect dex, it doesn’t count as a parry or dex and you get hit. So the window for parry and dex is narrowed down to perfect parry and perfect dex

But it's every update, somethings bugged, I've had full on freezes mid fight, costly freezes especially when your in the middle of a quake and bake, all in all these shoddy updates have cost me over 2k units worth of items and that's only since January, not to mention about a half mill of loyalty on L1 AQ revs, do they care? Nope it's money I their pocket when ya gotta top they units back up!
  • Options
    Mattylo2289Mattylo2289 Posts: 3

Hey everybody,

-Both, mostly late parrys
    -No block, 5 hit combo by opponent
    -No block animation; it's exactly as if there was no registered block on the screen.
    -First-time parry. Majority have been from opponent doing medium dash, when you "reflex-block" (which used to always be an insta-parry for me).

Note- using IPhone 12 Pro, Running IOS 14.6
  • Options
    JuroSan said:

@Kabam Miike
    Many people are complaining about parry and dex
    Here is the explanation of what is happening:
    You added the perfect parry and dex mechanics for Hercules as a bonus and that messed up the parry and dex for all the champions
    I updated the game and tested bunch of fights and here is what is happening:
    Unless your parry or your dex is a perfect parry or perfect dex, it doesn’t count as a parry or dex and you get hit. So the window for parry and dex is narrowed down to perfect parry and perfect dex
    So please fix this issue before next war in the season starts
    Have a nice day

Ummmmmm Shang Chi had this before Hercules.
  • Options
    JuroSanJuroSan Posts: 187 ★★
    Yes so maybe when it was one champion it wasn’t introduced to the game as a mechanic but maybe Kabam added this as a basic mechanic to the game for all champs so they can also introduce it in some new nodes