**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I still don’t understand the advantage of this Summoner Pay Resort event

Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
edited July 2021 in General Discussion
If a Kabam moderator could clarify the advantages of the Summoner pay resort and resort plus as well as whether there will be no Summoner Appreciation calendar, that would be provide helpful clarity and resolution to those issues. Please and thank you.

Comments

• LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Basic Resort Pass gets you the Second Solo Event Reward Chart.

Resort Pass Plus gets you the Second Solo Event Reward Chart, 7 Day Objectives of both Charts completed immediately (so basically a safety net incase you can't get on to do 10 Fights on a couple days), and 700 6 Star Shards (Cav) or 700 5 Star Shards (UC) if you complete Every Day Objective.

As far as I can tell that's the only difference, so basically Extra $5 for 700 Crystal Shards and a Safety Net...
  • AmnetiesAmneties Posts: 43
    It looks like as f2p, you can get 14 tokens, meaning that you can buy one of everything in the store up to and including the 5 star awakening gem crystal. If you buy the pass, you basically get double of everything from the solo event, allowing you to buy one of everything in the store.
  • Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    It gets you double the solo event rewards (Units, boosts, gold, 3* shards, etc.) plus the extra tokens to get more 6* Shards and resources that you couldn't get if you're f2p.

This is basically taking place of the summoner appreciation calendar. Similar rewards from last year, but instead of getting rewards just by logging in you actually have to do a small objective to get your next reward. Then you can pay the extra $15 or $20 for more/better rewards
    edited July 2021
    It looks like if you buy the pass, you get an additional
    •1x 4 star awakening gem (generic)
    •5x T1A
    •10x 5 star signature stone crystals
    •3x T2A
    •10x cavalier crystals
    •8,600x 6 star shards
    •22,500x T5B fragments (1/2 full)
    •1x 2% T5CC crystal
    •5x 6 star signature stone crystal
    •1x 5 star awakening gem (generic)
    From the summer canteen store alone.
    DNA3000 said:

Resort Pass Plus gets you the Second Solo Event Reward Chart, 7 Day Objectives of both Charts completed immediately (so basically a safety net incase you can't get on to do 10 Fights on a couple days), and 700 6 Star Shards (Cav) or 700 5 Star Shards (UC) if you complete Every Day Objective.

As far as I can tell that's the only difference, so basically Extra $5 for 700 Crystal Shards and a Safety Net...

I believe this is correct. Think of there being two items: a Resort Pass, and a 7 Day "Booster." The Pass allows you to get the extra rewards. The Booster hands you seven free tokens you get for completing objectives, meaning you can miss seven days and still have the max tokens.

These two items are being sold in two packs: the standard pass in-app purchase contains just the pass. The Plus pack contains the (same) pass and the 7 day booster. You can only buy one, so you have to decide if you just want the pass or if you want the 7 day booster as well.

The 7 day booster does not, as far as I'm aware, increase the maximum amount of rewards you can get. It basically starts you off as if you had completed seven objectives right from the starting line, but it doesn't mean you get more if you do everything.

This is my best current understanding, but I fully admit I could be wrong here.

As to the Summoner Appreciation Calendar, I'm 99.9% certain this three month event is being held in lieu of that calendar. Instead of getting stuff just for logging in, the game now hands similar (and I think actually more) rewards than the old Summoner Appreciation Calendar but requires more game play to earn them, so we don't have people just rolling up new accounts and filling them with login rewards for basically no effort. Which honestly I think is better.
    The 7 Day Booster definitely doesn't increase the Amount of Rewards you can get because there's only 98 Levels of the Solo Event to complete, corresponding with the 98 Objectives over 98 Days. It's simply as you put it a Booster because you get 7 of the Rewards Early and a 7 Day Safety Net Incase you can't log on
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

Amneties said:

•5x T1A
    •3x T2A
    •10x cavalier crystals
    •8,600x 6 star shards
    •22,500x T5CC fragments (1/2 full)
    •1x 2% T5CC crystal

Not really worth it in my eyes. Just hate that they added a pay feature on summoner appreciation, which has been a MCOC staple for the last few years.
    Would you prefer that Kabam add a paid option to Summoner Appreciation, so that free players get some of it and the paying players get more, or would you rather they make a separate paid appreciation event that free to play players would have zero access to at all?

DNA3000 said:

Amneties said:

•5x T1A
    •3x T2A
    •10x cavalier crystals
    •8,600x 6 star shards
    •1x 2% T5CC crystal

Not really worth it in my eyes. Just hate that they added a pay feature on summoner appreciation, which has been a MCOC staple for the last few years.
    Would you prefer that Kabam add a paid option to Summoner Appreciation, so that free players get some of it and the paying players get more, or would you rather they make a separate paid appreciation event that free to play players would have zero access to at all?
    I think it's quite simple. Just add something like Spring Cleaning in the fall, like in November. Just leave Summoner Appreciation alone simply because it's been a mainstay that every MCOC player looks forward too. As a primarly ftp, I have no problem with paid events, just make new paid events instead of mucking with something that players have always enjoyed.

Edit:. All I'm saying is that I'm not exactly feeling appreciated. Though, they probably expected that and changed the name as a result.
    That's not an answer to my question. You're saying you'd just eliminate the gameplay aspect of this for paid players. That's not one of the two options I presented. The gameplay element is part of this event for both free to play and paying players. Spring Cleaning is not an event. Spring Cleaning is a sale. My question is: would you prefer a single event that free to play players and paid players both participate in, or one event that everyone participates in and a separate event, with all the surrounding game play and reward elements, for paid players that free to play players have zero access to in any way.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★

Posted elsewhere. Not sure if it’s accurate but it’s been going around.

Dr. Zola

Amneties said:

•5x T1A
    •3x T2A
    •10x cavalier crystals
    •8,600x 6 star shards
    •22,500x T5B fragments (1/2 full)
    •1x 2% T5CC crystal

I don't understand much of the pass tbh but somehow i have a hard time believing this is correct
    This is from my understanding of how the event works. You get 14 tokens f2p, and if you buy the pass, you can get 28 in total.

DNA3000 said:

I believe this is correct. Think of there being two items: a Resort Pass, and a 7 Day "Booster." The Pass allows you to get the extra rewards. The Booster hands you seven free tokens you get for completing objectives, meaning you can miss seven days and still have the max tokens.

These two items are being sold in two packs: the standard pass in-app purchase contains just the pass. The Plus pack contains the (same) pass and the 7 day booster. You can only buy one, so you have to decide if you just want the pass or if you want the 7 day booster as well.

The 7 day booster does not, as far as I'm aware, increase the maximum amount of rewards you can get. It basically starts you off as if you had completed seven objectives right from the starting line, but it doesn't mean you get more if you do everything.

As to the Summoner Appreciation Calendar, I'm 99.9% certain this three month event is being held in lieu of that calendar. Instead of getting stuff just for logging in, the game now hands similar (and I think actually more) rewards than the old Summoner Appreciation Calendar but requires more game play to earn them, so we don't have people just rolling up new accounts and filling them with login rewards for basically no effort. Which honestly I think is better.
    The 7 Day Booster definitely doesn't increase the Amount of Rewards you can get because there's only 98 Levels of the Solo Event to complete, corresponding with the 98 Objectives over 98 Days. It's simply as you put it a Booster because you get 7 of the Rewards Early and a 7 Day Safety Net Incase you can't log on
    Apparently there is a small amount of rewards you can get for the extra plus pass when you consider all the consequences of having seven milestones completed early. Once all the milestones are completed, there's a set of bonus milestones past the last "normal" one if a player completes them all (see: "Bonus: Summer Shards" in the announcement). Theoretically speaking if a player does everything every day, the plus pack bonus will basically allow a player to get seven more of those than a player that doesn't buy the plus pack.

It isn't much, really, but for the record there is a small amount of rewards that extra five bucks gets you. I don't think 700 6* shards for five bucks is meaningful for Cavs (ditto the other shards) but YMMV.
    edited July 2021
    I also added up the rewards that you get from the resort solo objective. Since there are a lot of milestones, I probably missed a thing or two.

•500k gold
    •5x health boost
    •6x small energy refills
    •2,000x 3 star shards
    •2 exclusive titles
    •1,160x units
    •5x attack boost
    •3x T2B
    •1x greater arena boost crystal
    •4x T2CC selector
    •5 exclusive profile pics
    •8x T3B
    •3x T1CC selector
    •4x champion boost
    •8x energy refill
    •2x 3 star crystal
    •1x pool’s gold crystal
    •1x ultimate crystal
    •6x T3CC selector
    •4x grandmaster crystals
    •2x ascendant crystals
    •1x 3 star awakening gem (generic)
    •1x level 3 alliance team revive
    •1x greater ascendant crystal

You also unlock the daily shards objectives, but I’m not quite sure how those work.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★

Amneties said:

•5x T1A
    •3x T2A
    •10x cavalier crystals
    •8,600x 6 star shards
    •1x 2% T5CC crystal

But you don't have to.. you just get more stuff that you pay for. FTP it looks like you get about the same as last year's calendar.

I'm pretty sure as long as the paying players get their resources, they won't complain.

Given that we're discussing the potential for free to play players complaining even though they are getting their resources, I find your certainty here to be unfounded.

DNA3000 said:

I'm pretty sure as long as the paying players get their resources, they won't complain.

Given that we're discussing the potential for free to play players complaining even though they are getting their resources, I find your certainty here to be unfounded.
    Have I once complained about the actual event in regards to playing? No, I haven't. I honestly preferred the simple calendar when you didn't have to fight 10 random fights or complete some random objectives. Everytime one of these events are introduced, people complain about doing the objectives. What I'm concerned about is the resources and how they changed an old mainstay of the Contest. Your trying to further your point with misinformation.
    You literally said:

Just hate that they added a pay feature on summoner appreciation, which has been a MCOC staple for the last few years.

As long as players get their resources, why does this matter if you believe as long as players get their resources they won't complain? Or does that only go for paying customers and not free to play players?

If you're going to care about how an event is changed, whether that directly impacts the amount of rewards players get or not, you can't make the claim that paying customers won't care about how they obtain their rewards.
  • GyanemdjerGyanemdjer Posts: 79
    DrZola said:

Posted elsewhere. Not sure if it’s accurate but it’s been going around.

Dr. Zola

no you cannot get the 3k 4star shard, 11k 5star shards and the 6.4k 6 star shard cuz you only get 2 crystal tokens.
  • Darksniper240Darksniper240 Posts: 222 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    Tired math was wrong...ignore!
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Apparently there is a small amount of rewards you can get for the extra plus pass when you consider all the consequences of having seven milestones completed early. Once all the milestones are completed, there's a set of bonus milestones past the last "normal" one if a player completes them all (see: "Bonus: Summer Shards" in the announcement). Theoretically speaking if a player does everything every day, the plus pack bonus will basically allow a player to get seven more of those than a player that doesn't buy the plus pack.

It isn't much, really, but for the record there is a small amount of rewards that extra five bucks gets you. I don't think 700 6* shards for five bucks is meaningful for Cavs (ditto the other shards) but YMMV.
    Yeah I'm not even considering the Bonus Shards because of how minimal it is, for $5 Especially.
    You could spend that $5 on a Basic Unit Deal for 135 Units (could buy you 3 Revives in a time of need) or the Collector's Daily Card for 735 Units if you don't already buy it.