**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6.2 champion boss solo with three links active!

Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
https://youtu.be/Iinh9qpfrnQ

I don't normally (never) upload videos to youtube, but I felt I needed to share this in particular. The video is unedited and the sound is a bit jumbled up and low because I'm a noob, but please bear with me :D.

Links active were burden of might, dismay and unblockable because I wanted to get three paths done at once. Shehulk just demolishes this dude on every and all links active, so this one was light work still. Mister fantastic synergy was at play, but not necessary. Started with 50% health, but still got it down. Ending got a lil bit sketchy, but I still somehow pulled through lol. Thanks for watching, if you did.

Comments

• IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    I love the design of this map so you actually are able to combine paths and leave more nodes. I wish we saw it more often.
  • UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

I don't normally (never) upload videos to youtube, but I felt I needed to share this in particular. The video is unedited and the sound is a bit jumbled up and low because I'm a noob, but please bear with me :D.

Links active were burden of might, dismay and unblockable because I wanted to get three paths done at once. Shehulk just demolishes this dude on every and all links active, so this one was light work still. Mister fantastic synergy was at play, but not necessary. Started with 50% health, but still got it down. Ending got a lil bit sketchy, but I still somehow pulled through lol. Thanks for watching, if you did.

Nice!
    Are you using a Xiaomi device? Even I get this weird double sound when I try to record on my poco f1
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

that right there is the definition of impressive

Thanks! I also forgot to mention that this was my first try (cuz the path literally has like 25 tough fights, and costs like 130 energy so no option of restarting after going through all that :D ). So it was an all or nothing situation if I wanted to get a solo. Was at the edge of my seat. Reason I was at half health was because I think I forgot to hit record when I clicked the first time, so had to restart the game twice so I would get back to the champ selection screen, but with half health 🤧.
    IKON said:

I love the design of this map so you actually are able to combine paths and leave more nodes. I wish we saw it more often.

Yeah, this map and 6.1.2 map are my favourites in act 6 because of that. Combining two or more paths offers a pretty exhilarating challenge.
    Uvogin said:

Kill_Grey said:

Nice!
    Are you using a Xiaomi device? Even I get this weird double sound when I try to record on my poco f1
    Yup! I use a redmi note 9s. I always get that double sound when recording mcoc but not other apps. Not sure why it's so...
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Very nice.

What happened at the start of the fight with the heavy?

Slightly disappointed there was no double dex at the end but the light attack method kind of made up for it. 😎

Looking forwards to whatever champion we get in SOP. Loved smacking rogue and venom with shulk. Just find her so satisfying, can’t really understand why people don’t like using her? 🤷🏽‍♂️
    Berjibs said:

Very nice.

What happened at the start of the fight with the heavy?

Slightly disappointed there was no double dex at the end but the light attack method kind of made up for it. 😎

Looking forwards to whatever champion we get in SOP. Loved smacking rogue and venom with shulk. Just find her so satisfying, can’t really understand why people don’t like using her? 🤷🏽‍♂️

I actually threw that heavy to nullify the unstoppable at the start and get a free fury to start. The reason why I didn't just dash back was because I could have gotten cornered with his weird AI very quickly, especially with that unblockable node at play.

Also yeah, I observed the spacing and found out that the double Dex method wasn't feeling safe :D. One mistake with that, and the fight would have been over for me in a snap.

Also you're absolutely right, but I believe it's something about the spacing and constant intercepting that makes some people shy away from using her. The AI is quite worrisome nowadays ngl. Regardless, I also do enjoy using her a lot. Used her for rogue as well, and actually forgot to use her on venom. Might try for a solo on him as well later.

Additionally, I absolutely cannot wait for no retreat champion for this sop! Gonna absolutely enjoy tossing him around with her.
    I wonder what the disagrees are about, lol. Blood and sweat to get this solo. Trolls be trolls, I guess.
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    This isn't your first time beating champion, right?
    edited July 2021

This isn't your first time beating champion, right?

Na, this was on my last path in 6.2.6. I've fought champion many times with different options, so that's how I figured out for myself that shehulk would personally be the best option for a solo with these particular set of links all active.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Uvogin said:

Kill_Grey said:

Nice!
    Yup! I use a redmi note 9s. I always get that double sound when recording mcoc but not other apps. Not sure why it's so...
    Try turning on "Use internal microphone" in your screen recorder app. That way it only records the internal game sounds and not the one coming from the speaker.
    I think the problem is that it's recording both. Good if you're talking and want people to hear you, not good if you just want the game sounds.
    Chikel said:

Kill_Grey said:

Uvogin said:

Kill_Grey said:

Nice!
    Try turning on "Use internal microphone" in your screen recorder app. That way it only records the internal game sounds and not the one coming from the speaker.
    I think the problem is that it's recording both. Good if you're talking and want people to hear you, not good if you just want the game sounds.
    It's labelled as "system sounds" in my recorder app, and yeah it's already and it was turned on to record only device sounds and not external ones. I think it's just an issue with the screen recorder software optimization, so not much I can do about that other than wait for the Xiaomi Devs to figure it out.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    planning on exploring that chapter soon .. so can i get info on combining paths to make it shorter for exploration??? @Kill_Grey

planning on exploring that chapter soon .. so can i get info on combining paths to make it shorter for exploration??? @Kill_Grey

Well, I did all the gated paths a single time each without combining any others. So that means I would do the path, then continue down the middle taking down one link and fighting champion. I can't quite remember the team I used on each path, cuz I explored the quest over a long period of time. Another path I did without combining any other was the **** do you bleed path.

The paths I combined for last were the ones that start with abom (after sparky), then the one that starts with dorm, then fight blade, magik and Void and do the one that starts with civil warrior then fight the boss. That's the most efficient way to get it short, but it's pretty damn hard. I would probably advise to combine the first two, then continue down the middle to and do the civil warrior path in another go (it has a microreflect antman 😬).

But if you're impatient like me and have a lot of time on your hands, then you could do that 18-fight path and have an ultra hard mode champion boss to fight!
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Chikel said:

Kill_Grey said:

Uvogin said:

Kill_Grey said:

Nice!
    It's labelled as "system sounds" in my recorder app, and yeah it's already and it was turned on to record only device sounds and not external ones. I think it's just an issue with the screen recorder software optimization, so not much I can do about that other than wait for the Xiaomi Devs to figure it out.
    Try downloading a 3rd party screen recorder. I use X recorder and it work fine for me
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Pretty epic solo. Very impressive!