**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Dormammu Buff Idea

Cosmos_2002Cosmos_2002 Posts: 137
edited July 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
I will try changing his base kit as little as possible. Everything remains the same except:

Incinerate and Coldsnap Immunity

Soul Bond is now always on the opponent i.e. you don’t need to perform a heavy attack to place a soul bond on the opponent. When detonated it simply drops to 0.
This means you need half the number of heavies to get the same damage.

Ending Combo with a medium attack:
Imbued: Inflict a passive Stun lasting 1.5 seconds.
This replaces the current 450% power burn. This will help him land his heavy in stun immune matchups.

Heavy Attack:
Imbued : Regenerate 25% of the damage done by the soul bond detonation.
This is new. Moving his SP3 ability to his heavy as an imbued effect will go a long way towards making him sustainable.

SP3: All of Dormammu’s abilities are ‘Imbued’ for 12 seconds.
Since we removed the regen on detonation from his SP3, this seems like a fair compensation on his SP3.

Attribute Upgrades:
Increase base attack to Doctor Doom level.
(Will help with damage output and soul bond detonation regen)

Animation Upgrades:
Increase the heavy reach

Your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    I like it, I just think he needs a bit more. Granted, just buffing up his base attack can probably do a fair bit of magic to his whole kit.

I think regenerating 25% with each heavy after it's been charged up might be a little OP, but I like the general idea of having his regen there instead of on his SP3. It's a solid idea.

I was actually toying with a Dormammu buff idea myself and a passive stun to ease his heavy-ing is a thing I've considered as well. It's such a useful ability, especially when you really rely on his heavy to deal any proper damage.
  • Options
    Cosmos_2002Cosmos_2002 Posts: 137
    Ercarret said:

I like it, I just think he needs a bit more. Granted, just buffing up his base attack can probably do a fair bit of magic to his whole kit.

I think regenerating 25% with each heavy after it's been charged up might be a little OP, but I like the general idea of having his regen there instead of on his SP3. It's a solid idea.

I was actually toying with a Dormammu buff idea myself and a passive stun to ease his heavy-ing is a thing I've considered as well. It's such a useful ability, especially when you really rely on his heavy to deal any proper damage.

I agree, now that I think about it, reducing it to around 10-12% regen seems fair.

He has great utility like nullifying all buffs and arguably the best power control in the game already. A little tune up to his damage and increased sustainability will make him a solid option for a lot of content…