**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hood’s buff

Comments

• Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,999 ★★★★★
    The bullet mechanic was my biggest concern from the start. Original Recipe Hood had his specialties but was usable as a general use champion. This Hood actively worsens unless you are in a buff heavy matchup that lets you continuously reload.

He’ll be an absolute banger in those matchups, don’t get me wrong. But I feel his use is limited to like one fight in a quest unless it’s a buff heavy lane or you are running a synergy that should be on his base kit. If it were on his base kit, I think he’d actually be very very solid.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Can someone explain what hex does exactly? I think previously, it also had 65% AAR? I'm assuming that this is the case in this new version of Hood? If so, this sounds like it could be very powerful because these hexes can stack simply from mediums (as well as from the sp2):
    "100% chance to Fire a Bullet and inflict a stacking Hex, lasting 12 seconds. Each Hex deals a burst of 1150.5 Energy Damage when it Expires and is Refreshed when a new Hex is gained."

And if you don't really need AAR, then you can opt for high damage with a heavy.

I know hex was always part of his kit, but iirc, you couldn't access it till the sp2. But having this accessible simply from his mediums makes him very powerful, esp. in AW, imo.

Also, he is now stun immune during invisibility (rather than cooldown), so he can be useful in path 9 against encroaching stun, window of opp, etc.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021

Can someone explain what hex does exactly? I think previously, it also had 65% AAR? I'm assuming that this is the case in this new version of Hood? If so, this sounds like it could be very powerful because these hexes can stack simply from mediums (as well as from the sp2):
    "100% chance to Fire a Bullet and inflict a stacking Hex, lasting 12 seconds. Each Hex deals a burst of 1150.5 Energy Damage when it Expires and is Refreshed when a new Hex is gained."

And if you don't really need AAR, then you can opt for high damage with a heavy.

I know hex was always part of his kit, but iirc, you couldn't access it till the sp2. But having this accessible simply from his mediums makes him very powerful, esp. in AW, imo.

Also, he is now stun immune during invisibility (rather than cooldown), so he can be useful in path 9 against encroaching stun, window of opp, etc.

Nope you are talking abou the fate seal which is still accessible through sp2. Hex is just a passive I guess which you can detonate with a heavy for damage, nothing else.

Nope you are talking abou the fate seal which is still accessible through sp2. Hex is just a passive I guess which you can detonate with a heavy for damage, nothing else.
    This is what was described in the previous version of Hood regarding the sp2:
    "Hexes the opponent, reducing Ability Accuracy by 65% and Fate Sealing them for 6.50 seconds."

Perhaps you are right, but the wording above implies that AAR is from the Hex, not FS.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

"Hexes the opponent, reducing Ability Accuracy by 65% and Fate Sealing them for 6.50 seconds."

Perhaps you are right, but the wording above implies that AAR is from the Hex, not FS.
    Yea it's confusing but hex is just the name given to this new passive. Check out some gameplay of him with his old buff. It just functions as a passive and the fate seal is responsible for nullifying all buffs and reducing aar.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    Please don’t revert this buff again. I liked the buff before and I like it now

Yea it's confusing but hex is just the name given to this new passive. Check out some gameplay of him with his old buff. It just functions as a passive and the fate seal is responsible for nullifying all buffs and reducing aar.
    Cool thank you for the explanation. I had quit for about 3-4 years and only came back a few months ago while Hood was "broken" and I don't think anyone else has hex so wasn't sure what it did exactly. If that's the case then I guess his main utility is one of the easiest access to nullify and potential burst damage.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

It just blows my mind that they needed 5-6 months to release effectively the same buff...

They wouldn’t have done all of the work and then decided and have finished month in, this is likely a result of months of going back and forward on different kits and different testing until they decided on this
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    Honestly I might occasionally use him now, but I really don’t think I’ll ever use him for miss
  • FimbFimb Posts: 17
    I’m fairly certain the idea behind the time reduction of stagger is to increase the frequency of the heal and damage burst that comes from it expiring, since they reaasaallly don’t want for it to happen when reapplied
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    I'm of two minds.
    I feel for avid fans of OG Hood like @Cat_Murdock. (Now I understand your "frustrated" comment in Vega's live stream today).
    On the other hand, it looks like we are getting exactly what I expected. A toned down version of the new buff with the return of the ability the community demanded.
    I didn't use the old Hood often. I feel like I might use this new Hood more, but can't say until I play him.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I know that you can evade a lot of these Sp Attacks, but it's better if they could miss. I would even call it a nerf. (Also I know that you can miss 2 hits, but the majority of those Sp Attacks are 3+ hits)

Technically, it is only a nerf for attacks with four or more hits.

Hood's original (and current) invisibility has a 90% chance to (cause a hit to) miss. The update increases that to 120% with this chance dropping by 20% per miss. Under ordinary circumstances we should count any chance above 100% as just 100%, because there's no benefit for a higher than 100% chance to miss (assuming no debuffs that would alter that chance). So the first projectile has a 100% chance to miss, and the second one has a 100% chance to miss. The third has 80% chance, but original Hood would have been causing misses at a 90% rate throughout those three hits. The average chance to miss for OG Hood would be 90%, but the average miss chance for updated Hood would be 93%. About 10% of all projectiles fired at OG Hood that are part of a three hit burst will land, and about 7% of all projectiles fired at Hood3.0 would land. Hood3.0 would still be at least quantitatively better.

It isn't until you get to four projectile attacks that Hood3.0's miss ability drops below OG Hood: the average miss chance drops to 85% (compared to OG Hood's always average 90%).

An alternate way to look at it is to look at the probability of missing all the projectiles in a multi-projectile burst. For all values less than or equal to three, the updated Hood provides better odds: the odds of missing all three projectiles in a three projectile burst is 80% for Hood3.0 and 72.9% for OG Hood. For four projectile bursts it is 48% for Hood3.0 and 65.6% for OG Hood and OG Hood overtakes Hood3.0.

This presumes no action taken on the part of the player. Many special attacks have components that are easy to evade and other components that are hard to evade. Any special attack in which the player can reduce the amount of projectiles that "need" to miss to three or less will end up with better odds with Hood3.0 than OG Hood. Hood3.0's miss is not guaranteed to be worse with four or higher projectile attacks. It is just guaranteed to be better for any attack with three or fewer.
    Very interesting!
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

Think Dormmamu with his heavies