Options

Hercules truly is a hero

1235»

Comments

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

@ChaosMax1012 all you have seen is from vids.
    Herc isnt a great war attacker for the sole reason his immortality cab be shut down by assassin. I dont know how high you play in war, but it is reliable or bust. There is a reason you dont see ihulk on war attack either.
    He has a nice kit and great prestige, but he is definitely not gonna be the go to pick. We can see when the dust settles how far he will go.

Dont die and dont rely on immortality? It’s a great chance it triggers but you’re ignoring everything else he has. True sense, always good for war offense for those annoying autoblock/miss champs. High damage output, even on base, if you cant trigger buffs or they get nullified. Stun immunity if you ever get parried, its just nice to have. Immortality is really just a last resort in war for hercules.
    so then one of his overhyped abilities..... unreliable.
    true sense? great. How many of those autoblock champs are metal? Mags is better. Nick can bypass miss and autoblock. He isnt stopping those two from being overused for that scenario.
    Having issues with encroaching stun? Nick/ cap./ doom. Quake. Corvus and sp2 cycle. So where is he the first preference?

My claim isn’t that hercules is the best war attacker in the game, but quite simply, he’s good for war offense.
    But you’re claiming he’s the best cosmic, and war attack was a point that was brought up for what he’s so good for, so what is he the best for if not war offence?
    As you’ve said, he’s a jack of all trades, but master of none. He can do war offense/defense, AQ, take multiple act 6 bosses, great for questing, similar to corvus. Corvus has the better immortality, but what else does he do better than hercules?
    Master of none… except for the cosmic class?

I could make this argument for IMIW, he does so much, taking little parts from so many different champions. He has tons of uses, so much utility, big numbers. But there’s a reason he’s not the top tech, or even remotely in the picture. Jack of all trades can only get you so far in the game, because at a certain point you stop needing one champion who can do 5 things decently, and you start needing 5 champions who can do 1 thing each very well.
    You and i both know ghost and warlock make that impossible, and he’s more difficult to play.
    You’re dodging the point, a jack of all trades isn’t as useful in the long run. Because they are master of none
    Ghost has high critical damage, but CGR has higher crits. Ghost has good power gain, but hyperions power gain is better. Ghost counters evade, but mole man counters it better. Ghost can have unblockable specials with wasp synergy, but nick fury can be unblockable at all times. Ghost can bypass DOT debuffs, but hercules and corvus can counter debuffs and passives. And her phase can be countered by AAR. She’s a jack of all trades, master of none, but considered the best tech champ.
    I’m afraid your argument is falling apart, Ghost? Jack of all trades, master of none? I’d never imagined someone could say that without a hint of irony.

I don’t even know where to begin telling you you’re wrong.

Her phases allowing for 0 block damage, means you can play her on 1% health for entire matches. Her massive damage, evade counter, crazy power gain, immunity to every single DOT in the game, phasing damage with hood synergy, on demand intercepts.

So what if phase is affected by AAR, because it’s an ability that doesn’t trigger only at 0% health, it doesn’t matter in war. The whole point of that is that assassin turns off Hercules’ immortality, don’t use that as a reason why ghost’s phase makes her a jack of all trades

Ghost is a master of almost all.

• Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,090 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

There's only one way to shut down this thread it seems since the OP is determined to hold on to their infamy- siderailing this thread

Or ignore it. Always gonna be a debate when it comes to the best champ of a class. Will probably die down in a day or 2
    Debate implies informed opinions. If you have an informed opinion off of YouTube videos then I'm a chess master. Let's revisit in like a year when more people have him so that real data exists.
    Agreed. But im the videos I’ve seen just confirmed what i thought hunkules was capable of doing. Im not that foolish to watch a vid and say “thats the best cosmic champ in the game!”, but perhaps foolish since hes a newer champ and bound to be argued with.
  • Options

Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

There's only one way to shut down this thread it seems since the OP is determined to hold on to their infamy- siderailing this thread

Or ignore it. Always gonna be a debate when it comes to the best champ of a class. Will probably die down in a day or 2
    Debate implies informed opinions. If you have an informed opinion off of YouTube videos then I'm a chess master. Let's revisit in like a year when more people have him so that real data exists.

Im not that foolish to watch a vid and say “thats the best cosmic champ in the game!”,
    Ok, but…

I’m going based off gameplay I have seen from him

I truly think he is the best cosmic champion

• Options

Herc isnt a great war attacker for the sole reason his immortality cab be shut down by assassin. I dont know how high you play in war, but it is reliable or bust. There is a reason you dont see ihulk on war attack either.
    He has a nice kit and great prestige, but he is definitely not gonna be the go to pick. We can see when the dust settles how far he will go.

Dont die and dont rely on immortality? It’s a great chance it triggers but you’re ignoring everything else he has. True sense, always good for war offense for those annoying autoblock/miss champs. High damage output, even on base, if you cant trigger buffs or they get nullified. Stun immunity if you ever get parried, its just nice to have. Immortality is really just a last resort in war for hercules.
    true sense? great. How many of those autoblock champs are metal? Mags is better. Nick can bypass miss and autoblock. He isnt stopping those two from being overused for that scenario.
    Having issues with encroaching stun? Nick/ cap./ doom. Quake. Corvus and sp2 cycle. So where is he the first preference?

My claim isn’t that hercules is the best war attacker in the game, but quite simply, he’s good for war offense.
    But you’re claiming he’s the best cosmic, and war attack was a point that was brought up for what he’s so good for, so what is he the best for if not war offence?
    As you’ve said, he’s a jack of all trades, but master of none. He can do war offense/defense, AQ, take multiple act 6 bosses, great for questing, similar to corvus. Corvus has the better immortality, but what else does he do better than hercules?

I could make this argument for IMIW, he does so much, taking little parts from so many different champions. He has tons of uses, so much utility, big numbers. But there’s a reason he’s not the top tech, or even remotely in the picture. Jack of all trades can only get you so far in the game, because at a certain point you stop needing one champion who can do 5 things decently, and you start needing 5 champions who can do 1 thing each very well.
    You and i both know ghost and warlock make that impossible, and he’s more difficult to play.
    You’re dodging the point, a jack of all trades isn’t as useful in the long run. Because they are master of none
    Ghost has high critical damage, but CGR has higher crits. Ghost has good power gain, but hyperions power gain is better. Ghost counters evade, but mole man counters it better. Ghost can have unblockable specials with wasp synergy, but nick fury can be unblockable at all times. Ghost can bypass DOT debuffs, but hercules and corvus can counter debuffs and passives. And her phase can be countered by AAR. She’s a jack of all trades, master of none, but considered the best tech champ.
    I’m afraid your argument is falling apart, Ghost? Jack of all trades, master of none? I’d never imagined someone could say that without a hint of irony.

Her phases allowing for 0 block damage, means you can play her on 1% health for entire matches. Her massive damage, evade counter, crazy power gain, immunity to every single DOT in the game, phasing damage with hood synergy, on demand intercepts.

So what if phase is affected by AAR, because it’s an ability that doesn’t trigger only at 0% health, it doesn’t matter in war. The whole point of that is that assassin turns off Hercules’ immortality, don’t use that as a reason why ghost’s phase makes her a jack of all trades

Not only talking about assassins, and implying that ghosts’ phase can be countered by AAR in general. And your argument right there is flawed, i could use any champion, bait an intercept or keep hitting the opponents block until they gain a bar of power so i can avoid any and all block damage. Ghost just makes it easier because she is never blocking, and she can miss attacks. Hercules and corvus can also avoid all DOT at all times while immortal. She’s a jack of all trades, master of none, but great at everything she does, similar to hercules. But yeah obviously she’s way better than hercules.
  • Options
    MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★
    New chars is much better than Old. Classic spider man, Thor classic Hulk is Just noob than new Hercules loool
  • Options
    SlumpGod said:

this is less of a debate and more of @ChaosMax1012 getting bodied but refusing to accept it💀

That’s literally every debate my friend. Back and forth. He has great points, so do i.
  • Options
    SlumpGod said:

SlumpGod said:

this is less of a debate and more of @ChaosMax1012 getting bodied but refusing to accept it💀

That’s literally every debate my friend. Back and forth. He has great points.
    Fixed it for you.
    Thanks. And your relevance in this debate is……. Ah nevermind.
  • Options
    Alright im fully expecting a DNA sized post counter. Dont do it to me @BitterSteel lol
  • Options

And your argument right there is flawed, i could use any champion, bait an intercept or keep hitting the opponents block until they gain a bar of power so i can avoid any and all block damage. Ghost just makes it easier because she is never blocking, and she can miss attacks.
    My man what, is that seriously your argument against Ghost's phasing? That any champ can avoid block damage? Ghost can consistently and easily avoid block damage, you even admit yourself ghost "just makes it easier" as if that ignores the whole point of this, which is that ghost isn't a jack of all trades, she's actually the second best champ in the game.

Ima leave this one be, because your arguments have consistently been false equivalencies, Herc has this and Corvus has this, Herc has this and CMM has this, therefore, Herc is the best. Or they've been based on pure conjecture, ghost is a jack of all trades because she does a lot. Othey've just been plainly false, Herc has the same damage based on CGR becauuuusee... we haven't seen his ramp up?

Not to mention, you've created a thread claiming Herc is the best cosmic based on watching youtube videos and all this time you haven't actually stated one thing that Herc is actually best at. I'm satisfied I've done a pretty good job trying to prove my point, but I think there comes a point a debate goes round in circles.

• Options

And your argument right there is flawed, i could use any champion, bait an intercept or keep hitting the opponents block until they gain a bar of power so i can avoid any and all block damage. Ghost just makes it easier because she is never blocking, and she can miss attacks.
    My man what, is that seriously your argument against Ghost's phasing? That any champ can avoid block damage? Ghost can consistently and easily avoid block damage, you even admit yourself ghost "just makes it easier" as if that ignores the whole point of this, which is that ghost isn't a jack of all trades, she's actually the second best champ in the game.

Ima leave this one be, because your arguments have consistently been false equivalencies, Herc has this and Corvus has this, Herc has this and CMM has this, therefore, Herc is the best. Or they've been based on pure conjecture, ghost is a jack of all trades because she does a lot. Othey've just been plainly false, Herc has the same damage based on CGR becauuuusee... we haven't seen his ramp up?

Not to mention, you've created a thread claiming Herc is the best cosmic based on watching youtube videos and all this time you haven't actually stated one thing that Herc is actually best at. I'm satisfied I've done a pretty good job trying to prove my point, but I think there comes a point a debate goes round in circles.

The videos confirmed what i assumed he could do, and you’ve taken what I’ve said with no context to make it sound ridiculous. Hercules has indestructible and immortality. Cmm and corvus has that so he has to be better. No, i went into depth, in which you can check my previous posts. Ghost is a jack if all trades because of how much utility she has just from her one ability in phase, which is what im saying for hercules. His immortality allows him to bypass DOT debuffs and passives. Theres more to go with that but i see you’ve concluded your argument so I’ll leave it out. You definitely have a great point, maybe im biased and don’t know it, and maybe hercules isn’t as practical as i think he would be. Anyways thanks for the response. We will see in due time if hercules has what it takes. I think he can go the distance.
  • Options

Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Im not that foolish to watch a vid and say “thats the best cosmic champ in the game!”,
    Ok, but…

I’m going based off gameplay I have seen from him

I truly think he is the best cosmic champion

Also taken out of context. Btw
  • Options

We’ve established he’s not the best immortality, indestructible, or damage too. So what is he best at?
    exactly this.
    Just the fact he has it doesnt mean much.
    He is a fun champ with great damage and fun utility, but to proclaim he is the best.... it is a tall order.
  • Options
    GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    I mean if we’re being honest here thanos is the best cosmic and all other champs pale in comparison
  • Options

I mean if we’re being honest here thanos is the best cosmic and all other champs pale in comparison

^
  • Options
    naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★

You can undermine any champion by putting them against worst case scenarios.

Agreed, but that doesn’t prove Hercules is the best cosmic
    Why doesn’t it? CGR has higher damage? Corvus has a better immortality? CMM can has the better indestructible? Hercules has all of the above, and is practical to use. CGR vs Hercules when it comes to damage isn’t determined, corvus has the better immortality but that doesn’t make hercules any less valuable in comparison to the other champs, CMM has the better indestructible but hercules only really has it to tank sp3s by using his sp3, and his immortality acts like his indestructible, so where you would have died, you would have your last stand. Hyperion isn’t a 6* unfortunately but has some crazy power gain and furies that can keep up with these champs, is poison immune, has incinerates, his cosmic potential, armor break, nice stun on sp2, and regen. Hercules has these insane abilities, the immortality, indestructible, damage. He may not use it as well as the others do individually, but he has it in one kit, that works together well, in his own unique way.
    naikavon said:

SlumpGod said:

I mean you pretty much ignored all of CGR'S and Hype's utility but ok.

Post is mainly to show hercules can do what most of these champs can do with ease. CGR has his power lock and heal block but would you say that makes him better than hercules? Immortality is a powerful ability, which is why corvus is so highly valued, along with his crits, which hercules can do within 1 special 1. CGR is also highly valued for his crits. Would you say this is true?
    Corvus has a more valuable immortality imo

It lasts however long you can keep your charges, which could be the whole fight in the hands of a skilled player. Additionally, Hercules’ can expire after time. Plus it can be nullified.
    While this is true, hercules with the immortality also gains unblockable, allowing him to be aggressive extending the time of his immortality. In shorter fights it usually takes 1 sp1, then 1 sp2 to get big damage off of the opponent before he dies, similar to CGR and Corvus when they fire their big sp2s.
    See, your argument is heavily flawed. All your doing is going on and on about herc, and just saying “oh they can do it too”. Lame.
    And your argument is to undermine the value of hercules? Lame
    Matter a fact im being a bit hypocritical, i didnt mention the others utility much, only hercules. Ignore this.
    I think why this thread hasn’t been received as well is due to a couple reasons. First Herc is new, and I’m not sure about others but I tend not to trust the first month hype of a new champion and wait for them to settle into the contest. We get the hype from the content creators and then months later some champs are just forgotten. I’m not sure this will happen to Herc but you get my point. It’s very hard to make a case for a champ being the best in their class when they’ve been released for weeks.

I mean look at the hype we had for champs like Stryfe (mutant aegon) and hit monkey (skill Corvus) not to say those champs are bad, but the amount they were hyped vs how much they’re hyped now is very different.

Secondly, you very clearly weren’t objective in the OP, I think you’ve realised that now so I won’t pile on about it. But glossing over the opposing sides abilities is always gonna get people suspicious about how valid your opinion is.

Herc could potentially end up being awesome, and maybe there’s a version of the future where he’s considered better than Corvus, CGR and Hyp, but right now I think it’s too early to tell. He’s cool, but we need more time to see what he can do.
    Very accurate. Im going based off gameplay i have seen from him, the content has cleared, his practically, and viability to content like AQ, act 6/7, war offense/defense. In due time when more people have him, this will show. Right now people are probably leaning to the OGS.
    I've seen a few vids where herc was used on offense in war. It worked out for them on those occasions. I've talked with numerous folks where it didn't work out for them.

I wouldn't say his immortality is a strength. Not in war. Not when deaths matter so much. It is not a given and I'd hate to be relying on it then have to explain to my ally mates that it didn't trigger and I died.... sorry we lost. Just cause you've seen it work in a vid don't mean it's reliable.
    No context whatsoever. Why wouldn’t it trigger? Did you only use herc? What nodes/matchups? In war he’s stun immune, and the AI is already aggressive. His immortality is a safety net that also allows him to go unblockable as well. and his true sense on sp1 counters autoblock and miss. That’s great for war.
    Do you not own herc? Are you basing everything in your opinion on vids alone?

Assassin.
  • Options
    naikavon said:

Why doesn’t it? CGR has higher damage? Corvus has a better immortality? CMM can has the better indestructible? Hercules has all of the above, and is practical to use. CGR vs Hercules when it comes to damage isn’t determined, corvus has the better immortality but that doesn’t make hercules any less valuable in comparison to the other champs, CMM has the better indestructible but hercules only really has it to tank sp3s by using his sp3, and his immortality acts like his indestructible, so where you would have died, you would have your last stand. Hyperion isn’t a 6* unfortunately but has some crazy power gain and furies that can keep up with these champs, is poison immune, has incinerates, his cosmic potential, armor break, nice stun on sp2, and regen. Hercules has these insane abilities, the immortality, indestructible, damage. He may not use it as well as the others do individually, but he has it in one kit, that works together well, in his own unique way.
    naikavon said:

SlumpGod said:

Post is mainly to show hercules can do what most of these champs can do with ease. CGR has his power lock and heal block but would you say that makes him better than hercules? Immortality is a powerful ability, which is why corvus is so highly valued, along with his crits, which hercules can do within 1 special 1. CGR is also highly valued for his crits. Would you say this is true?

It lasts however long you can keep your charges, which could be the whole fight in the hands of a skilled player. Additionally, Hercules’ can expire after time. Plus it can be nullified.
    While this is true, hercules with the immortality also gains unblockable, allowing him to be aggressive extending the time of his immortality. In shorter fights it usually takes 1 sp1, then 1 sp2 to get big damage off of the opponent before he dies, similar to CGR and Corvus when they fire their big sp2s.
    See, your argument is heavily flawed. All your doing is going on and on about herc, and just saying “oh they can do it too”. Lame.
    Matter a fact im being a bit hypocritical, i didnt mention the others utility much, only hercules. Ignore this.
    I think why this thread hasn’t been received as well is due to a couple reasons. First Herc is new, and I’m not sure about others but I tend not to trust the first month hype of a new champion and wait for them to settle into the contest. We get the hype from the content creators and then months later some champs are just forgotten. I’m not sure this will happen to Herc but you get my point. It’s very hard to make a case for a champ being the best in their class when they’ve been released for weeks.

I mean look at the hype we had for champs like Stryfe (mutant aegon) and hit monkey (skill Corvus) not to say those champs are bad, but the amount they were hyped vs how much they’re hyped now is very different.

Secondly, you very clearly weren’t objective in the OP, I think you’ve realised that now so I won’t pile on about it. But glossing over the opposing sides abilities is always gonna get people suspicious about how valid your opinion is.

Herc could potentially end up being awesome, and maybe there’s a version of the future where he’s considered better than Corvus, CGR and Hyp, but right now I think it’s too early to tell. He’s cool, but we need more time to see what he can do.
    Very accurate. Im going based off gameplay i have seen from him, the content has cleared, his practically, and viability to content like AQ, act 6/7, war offense/defense. In due time when more people have him, this will show. Right now people are probably leaning to the OGS.
    I've seen a few vids where herc was used on offense in war. It worked out for them on those occasions. I've talked with numerous folks where it didn't work out for them.

I wouldn't say his immortality is a strength. Not in war. Not when deaths matter so much. It is not a given and I'd hate to be relying on it then have to explain to my ally mates that it didn't trigger and I died.... sorry we lost. Just cause you've seen it work in a vid don't mean it's reliable.
    No context whatsoever. Why wouldn’t it trigger? Did you only use herc? What nodes/matchups? In war he’s stun immune, and the AI is already aggressive. His immortality is a safety net that also allows him to go unblockable as well. and his true sense on sp1 counters autoblock and miss. That’s great for war.

Assassin.
    Interpret it as you please.
  • Options

naikavon said:

SlumpGod said:

Assassin.
  • Options

naikavon said:

naikavon said:

SlumpGod said:

Assassin.
    Sorry about this. Those were the comments eaten by the forums earlier. Disregard. We already discussed when I wrote a. New response.
  • Options

I don’t agree with OP, but I’m sure this guy in my alliance does

Rogue OP
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★

That spooderman seems like a swell guy
  • Options
    GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★

That spooderman seems like a swell guy
    Y’know, our alliance could really use a potato 🥴
  • Options
    naikavon said:

naikavon said:

naikavon said:

SlumpGod said:

Assassin.
    Sorry about this. Those were the comments eaten by the forums earlier. Disregard. We already discussed when I wrote a. New response.
    No worries